Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

Full-size Ugly Stick homebuilt aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 12:04 PM
cjtyped
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Full-size Ugly Stick homebuilt aircraft

Someone somewhere built and flew an experimental aircraft based on the RC classic Ugly Stick. I have seen pictures of it,but am unable to find now. Help?
Old 09-28-2018, 06:53 AM
pilot143

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fokker E (Eindeker)

Have a look at that. I think that is an antique aircraft that the ugly stik could be modeled after?
Old 10-01-2018, 06:42 AM
r ward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always thought the Ugly Stik was modeled after it in a conceptual fashion. I remember the first pictures of an Ugly Stic that I saw as a kid, had a big rounded vertical stab, angular wingtips German Crosses on i's wigs, suggestive of the EIII. I don't know if what I saw was in it's original "Ugly Stik" form, or if it was someone's suggestive rendition.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:27 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On one of my three EAA Oshkosh trips (probably 2003 or 2005) I saw a crop duster pilot kind of straddling a fuselage beam with a straight simple wing and tail with traditional surfaces. This was all over in the ultralight field. The "stick" aircraft was hand built and could be construed as an ugly stick of sorts in that the wing came straight out of the "I" beam fuselage. I'm sure it was one of a kind..
Old 09-16-2019, 10:39 AM
CKLLOYD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full-size airplane built from RC Ugly Stik plans

Good afternoon there was no full size airplane produced using the Ugly Stik RC airplane. However there is a full-size airplane that was produced using the Elder RC airplane. I believe the airplane was called the pup or the little pup. The airplane along with its engine propulsion system was designed and built bye Bob's Props. I was waiting for this plane to be certified ultralight. Bob passed away unexpectedly before this plane went into full production. Somewhere I have the plans for this cute little plane