Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

rd8000 setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:23 AM
flybyjohn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rd8000 setup questions

I have a Top Flight RC Nobler kit I put together with flaps, dual ailerons servos, landing gear, elev. and rud. I am setting it up with the airtronics rd800 and a 8 channel rx. I would like to set it up so that the flaps are on the flap switch and connect the servos to two ports on the rx. I initially set it up so that the flaps were on the p-f channel and put the ailerons on channel 2 and 7, slaving channel 7 to the ailerons. The problem I am having is that I cannot get dual rates or exponentiol on channel 7. The rates I put in for channel 2 do not "connect" to channel 7. You would think that if it was slaved then channel 7 would do everything channel 2 was told to do but I only get the throws that I program into channel 7. Can I make this work without a Y- connector for the ailerons or is this my only option. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:01 AM
MikeGreenshields

Default RE: rd8000 setup questions

For flaps, to do what you are describing, it will be vastly easier to just use a Y-Harness. You can use 2 separate inputs for Ailerons (Use the differential aileron setup as described in the manual), but Flaps will be easier with a Y-Harness.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 AM
flybyjohn
My Feedback: (2)

I may have confused the issue here with not enough info. I have 1- flap servo, 2 - aileron servos, and 1-retract servo. I am looking to hook up my flaps on the flap switch (p-f) channel, and hook the two ailerons up to channel 2 and 7 with channel 7 slaved to channel 2, and the retracts hooked to the gear channel# 5. I want to get dual rates and exponential to both aileron servos but only get it on channel 2 servo, not channel 7. Differential would be the aileron servos moving greater or lesser distance up than down, this does not matter for my setup. Is there way for channel 7 to do the exact same amout of movement as channel 2 on low and high rates? For example, channel 2 on high rates moves 1.5" and channel 7 moves 1.5" and on low rates channel 2 moves 1.0" and channel 7 would move 1.0". This is not happening right now, channel 7 just moves what ever amount channel 7 is set for and channel 2 servo moves at its high and low rates correctly.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:21 PM
I ALSO FLY RC

Unfortunately you can not mix trims, dual rates, expo or throws from the Aileron Channel #2 to Channel #7. You are asking the transmitter to do something it was not designed to do. Here is another way to accomplish what you want to do.

If you want your Flap servo controlled by the 3-position switch, you will have to use a "Y" harness for the Ailerons, connected to Channel #2. This is because the 3-position switch normally controls Channel #6 and Channel #2 for Flaperons when FLAPE is ACTive in the etc channel.

To setup Flaps controlled by the 3-position switch without using a mixer,, select the etc channel and scroll down to FLAPE. Make it read INH using either the INC+/YES or DEC-/NO key.. Press the END key. Next select the P-F channel and scroll down to EPA. Set EPA at 50% with the 3-position switch towards you and at 100% with the switch away from you. These are trial values. Note that your FLAPS are in the UP position when the 3-position switch is towards you. Set your servo reversing as required..... Flap output will be by a "Y" harness connected into Channel #6. Aileron output is only from Channel #2. Aileron servo throw is controlled by the Aileron Channel EPA. Flap deflection is controlled by the P-F Channel EPA values. Flaps are at neutral with the 3-position switch towards you.

Alternatively, if two position Flaps were adequate, you could use only Channel #7 with a "Y" harness, and the AUX 1 switch to turn them on or off. You then could have Channels #2 and #6 for Dual Ailerons, with adjustments for Dual Rate, EXPO, Center, Aileron Differential, etc...FLAPE would then have to be made ACTive in the etc menu. If you did not want FLAPERON action, zero out the EPA values in the p-f channel.
If we can provide further assistance, please call.

AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
800-262-1178