Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

SD-10G and 92224 Rx

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 AM
plasticman
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD-10G and 92224 Rx

I have a SD-10G and tried a new 6-Channel 92224 Rx this weekend. My first experience with this radio. When I try to do a range check I can only get about 50-feet at best before I lose control. On my 10-Channel radios I can go far beyond the spec. Is this normal? Anyone with experience on this combo?

Thanks.

P-Man
Old 08-15-2011, 09:30 AM
ArchNemesis

Default RE: SD-10G and 92224 Rx

Are you on low power mode when you're testing that? 
Old 08-15-2011, 11:11 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the RX600 and RX700 FHSS1 RXs in a couple models and get to about 30-35 paces before I see degradation. Are you between the model and the TX? Have you tried moving in a circle around the model at 30 paces to see if the issue goes away? Depending on the antenna orientation you could just be in a shadowed area.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:01 AM
plasticman
My Feedback: (97)

I was in low power mode doing this check and no, I have not moved around the model much (good point on possible shadow area). Also, I am not putting my body between the plane and the Tx. What I did do, against better judgement perhaps, is switch back to normal power mode and walked until the plane was nearly out of my typical flight/vision range. I had no problem in this mode and went ahead and flew the plane. Worked perfectly! My antennae orientation is such that one is point straight up and visible through the canopy and one is horizontal taped to the fuse side.

I was informed, by an experienced gentlemen here on this site, that low-power range check for these Rx's is very short. So, perhaps this is normal and nothing to be concerned with.

P-man