Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

SD-10G firmware update request

Old 10-24-2011, 07:29 AM
SDR-Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD-10G firmware update request

I'd like to make a request for more flight modes, specifically in Glider, in a future firmware update of the 10G. Right now just one more mode would be great but sure enough I may discover a desire for more than that as I gain experience in DLG's. [8D]

Thank you
Old 10-25-2011, 05:06 AM
MikeRuth

Default RE: SD-10G firmware update request

ORIGINAL: SDR-Hammer

I'd like to make a request for more flight modes, specifically in Glider, in a future firmware update of the 10G. Right now just one more mode would be great but sure enough I may discover a desire for more than that as I gain experience in DLG's. [8D]

Thank you

I think you should explain what you would want it for to get there interest.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:58 AM
SDR-Hammer

ORIGINAL: MikeRuth
I think you should explain what you would want it for to get there interest.

Hummmm. Think I can do that.

When flying Discus Launch Gliders I use all five available flight modes. (The different flight modes listed below are typical of a DLG.)

Here are how my modes are currently set up.
N - Speed mode - no camber
1 - Cruise mode - slight camber
2 - Float or thermal mode - max camber for lift
3 - flaperons
4 - Launch preset (on momentary switch 21)

The reason for an additional flight mode would be to incorporate a "Climb" mode and here's why. Once the launch preset is released, right after launching, the Tx obviously goes into the default "N- mode" which is the speed mode (unless one of the mode switches is activated, which could be detrimental upon launch). Keep in mind speed mode is trimmed for level flight and is used quite often, mostly for making runs to thermals or getting the heck out of sink. As my launches get stronger/higher I'm seeing issues develop using a flight mode that is trimmed for level flight also for a high speed - near vertical climb. Would be nice to have a climb mode so trims could be set just for the purpose of maximizing launch height and staying on an intended trajectory.

Reading comments from and talking to other DLG'ers, some have expressed a wish for more modes, mostly for this reason. I know Mike and Mark have the ear of the Sanwa engineers and hope they would recognize a need for such and upgrade. With DLG quickly growing in popularity, expanding the number of flight modes would make the 10G the "must have" Tx for DLG flying.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:18 AM
MikeRuth

I see what you mean. Makes me think in the mean time if we could build another flight mode from a free switch.
I'm all in favor of making this the tx of choice. Love my 2.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:07 AM
john911
My Feedback: (1)

i would like to see 4aileron servos added to the aero flight mode.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:38 AM
cap10b

All,

I second that motion 4 aileron in Aero mode

like to see VR trimmer coupled with the Idle down feature not unlike the Stylus where you can choose VR or slider.

Nice to see a graph of signal strength

would be nice to have a recorded graph of the RF link between Xmiter and Reciver.

JDS

Old 01-31-2012, 08:16 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

If we are doing a "what we would like to see in the next update" thing, then I have an idea..  I would like to be able to have my Name on the front screen, so that it would be obvious who's tx it is, and also some sort of lock/password protection that would make it difficult to steal and use the TX.

Thanks, Craig..

Old 02-17-2012, 05:03 AM
SDR-Hammer

So the thought just recently occurred to me... If Sanwa does or has done firmware updates how will we know? I've been to the Airtronics website and did not find anything that list latest version of software available for the 10G so I can compare to the version loaded into my Tx.

Is this information only privy to to those that have the downloaded the transfer software? [link=http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/radio-control-systems-1/usb-adapters-memory-cards/airtronics-usb-adapter-sd-10g-w-disc.html]Airtonics USB Adapter[/link]
Old 02-17-2012, 05:15 AM
cap10b

Hammer,
I have the software and the USB to ATX cable and was told by a factory flyer that Airtronics would notify everyone via the web site if and when an update becomes avialable. The software Appl looks for a certain file extension and saves that to your hard drive or desktop, when you update you go into the port on the transmitter and upload the update from your hard drive not unlike the old
Compaq "Softpaq" they used to update peoples PC and laptops.

All you really need is the USB to ATX cable as Windows XP and 7 can save the files to the desktop or hard drive.

I hope ATX and Sanwa hear us and give us the update we all want, otherwise whats the purpose of all the hardware if
we never use it.

JDS
Old 02-17-2012, 05:32 AM
SDR-Hammer

Wow... Thank you for the quick response. That clears things up a bit.

ORIGINAL: cap10b
I hope ATX and Sanwa hear us and give us the update we all want, otherwise whats the purpose of all the hardware if
we never use it.
Absolutely! Back to my original request for more sailplane flight modes. I sure hope the powers to be at ATX and Sanwa are paying attention and noticed Specktrum's new DX 18 has 10 sailplane flight modes [X(]

I was on the verge of pulling the trigger on buying an adapter but think I'll wait. It's not cheap.

Edit: Sure hope all the good updates don't just go to the SD-10G "Super" I saw in another thread. [&o]
Old 02-17-2012, 05:36 AM
cap10b

Hammer,
Yeah unless your a IT junque like me hold off on the adapter till there is something to transfer. If you have two transmitters or like I did have a buddy that needs your help
on set up. That's the only other reason to buy one.

JDS
Old 02-17-2012, 05:50 AM
SDR-Hammer

I do have a buddy with a 10G and we constantly share set up info. But we figured each of us getting a memory expansion card would be a wiser decision. Especially at contest should one of our Tx's crap out for some reason. All we would need to do is a quick card swap to share a Tx but still fly our own plane.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I would love an MP3 player to record and playback the pattern sequence at the flip of a toggle switch
Old 07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
vivekbali

I would like more channels available on the trainer mode so that I can use it for head tracking on FPV goggles.