Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Range check with SD-10G

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Thunder Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range check with SD-10G

I'm running a SD-10G with various rx's in sport, balsa planes. I make sure to mount the antennas in an old piece of nyrod or similar at a 90' angle. I've had no glitches or problems in flight, but when I do a low power range test, i'm only getting about 20 paces max.....when I face the plane. If I put my body between the tx and airplane, it will lock out (in low power mode!) I have one airplane do this at about 15 paces.
Is this an OK range test or is something amiss?
Also, I am running glow, and nimh batteries, a mix of 4 and 5 cell packs, which all cycle fine.
Thanks!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:53 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are using the FHSS1 7ch receiver this is normal and has been discussed many times here on RCU and other sites.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Thunder Chicken

Ok, thanks. Yes those are the rx's I mostly use. I have no complaints about this radio system, just wanted to make sure this was ok! I love this transmitter, it is way overkill for a sport flyer but some of the features are great and it is way easier to program than any other i've had in the past!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:24 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been flying with one for almost 4 yr's now it's a good radio.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

The programming is unbelievably easy, intuitive, and fairly extensive.

I had the range check issues with my radio too. There was a lot of buzz about it early on. A few years later and I have never had so much as a hiccup with the radio or the link to the airplane.