Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Kudos to Airtronics service

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 04:13 PM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Kudos to Airtronics service

How's this for quick response by Airtronics service ? I sent my RDS 8000 transmitter in due to a broken stick pivot wire last Friday. Today, the following Thursday, the transmitter is back. That's six days total. Pretty impressive, I'd say. And even though I bought the transmitter in 2008 (seven years ago), there was no charge for the repair.

I'm nobody special, but the Service Department treated me like I am. That's what keeps me buying Airtronics since my first purchase 33 years ago.

Thanks Farrall,

Dick

Last edited by otrcman; 02-19-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:16 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by otrcman
How's this for quick response by Airtronics service ? I sent my RDS 8000 transmitter in due to a broken stick pivot wire last Friday. Today, the following Thursday, the transmitter is back. That's six days total. Pretty impressive, I'd say. And even though I bought the transmitter in 2008 (seven years ago), there was no charge for the repair.

I'm nobody special, but the Service Department treated me like I am. That's what keeps me buying Airtronics since my first purchase 33 years ago.

Thanks Farrall,

Dick
Same here. Been using Airtronics since the early 80's. I use to have the RDS 8000 and my wires broke off my right gimbal and I lost my plane. They replaced the wiring harness. I also had the antenna break. Sent that in for repair as well. Bought the new SD-10G TX when they came out. I liked the feel of the RDS 8000 much better than the SD-10G that I'm currently running. I'm hoping Airtronics will come out with a TX with a better feel but it could be some time.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:29 AM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Zippi,

Sounds like we have similar histories as Airtronics users. I also have an RD 8000 (no longer used) and have wondered if they too had the broken gimbal wire problem. If not, why not ? Fortunately my gimbal wire failed while doing some bench testing. I'm generally not the lucky type, but sure counted my lucky stars that day.

I'm also using an SD-10. Still not entirely comfortable with it as I have small hands. I'm trying a neck strap with some success. It does seem to provide some improvement in control precision, but I worry about getting the strap mixed up in a propellor when starting engines. Also, I still revert to "thumbs" when in a tight spot.

Dick
Old 02-24-2015, 06:43 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They had a know issue with the RDS 8000 with the wires being to short and breaking off. A # of guys lost aircraft due to the problem. I use a tray with my SD-10 and it works very well.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:43 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They had a know issue with the RDS 8000 with the wires being to short and breaking off. A # of guys lost aircraft due to the problem. I use a tray with my SD-10 and it works very well.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:38 PM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the ATX service is top notch !

Scott Anderson
Team Airtronics