Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Airtronics Delta wing mixing

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 09:16 AM
Hesp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Delta wing mixing

This is my first post. I am 71 years old & have been building & flying model airplanes from about 1958. My question is: I have an Airtronics SD-6G radio. I have been able to follow the owners manual with no problem until now. I am trying to set up a flying wing but can not follow the instructions in the manual to mix the aileron & elevator. It is driving me crazy. Do any of understand how to do this mix. Any help would be most appreciated.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:10 PM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have 1 servo on the elv channel and 1 on the ail channel? That needs to be done first also in the System type you need to select TAIL>2xEL, then you have to go into the navigation system and highlight mixing and then scroll thru to ailvator then choose common. Next scroll down to the Act/INH and choose ACT. You have now activated ailivator. You may still need to go into the servo direction screen and reverse the aileron or elevator servo to get them to move in the right direction for up/down L/R.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Hesp

Thanks for the reply. My radio must be different than yours. There is no "Tail>2xEL" on my navigation system that I can find.. Where I'm at right now is I have a mix in. Problem is that ail. is on the elev stick & eLev. is on the ail. stick. I have tried making one & then the other a slave & master. I have switched back & forth & nothing happens.I must be missing something but just can't figure it out.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:07 AM
raptureboy

I have an RDS 8000 and a SD10. When you first go into the system menu you need to set up the type of aircraft. Ie. heli or airplane, then how many servos you are using for ailerons and elevator. It is there you will find 2x elv. If you call Airtronics they will walk you through it on the phone, they helped me program servo speed on my SD10. Real nice folks.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:19 AM
raptureboy

Just looked at the manual and saw on pages 22-25 you need to go into the Aero Model Type screen and then select wing type and then Delta(elevon) then save and exit then go into the servo reverse screen and change direction on one of the servos.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:03 AM
ToddNicholson

Correct. You should just need to select the Delta Model Type, then adjust each servo reversing to suit. Delta will automatically mix elevator and aileron control.

-Todd
Old 03-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Hesp

Your reply is most appreciated. The first thing I did was to select "Delta Wing" as the aero type. I'm sure there is some small detail I'm missing. I see that Airtronics list an !-800-262-1178 help line. It is available from 12 noon to 4PM Pacific time Mon thru Fri. I will call today. I live & fly on my place at 7700' elevation here in Colorado which is an a challenge it self. Every thing has to be re-learned. Wing size.motor size , prop size etc. Thin air makes a huge difference.You guys are great & thanks again. Dom
Old 03-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Hesp

Hey Todd thanks for the reply. I did select the "Delta Wing" aero type first, then proceeded forward. It's the forward part that I am having trouble with. This is my first computer radio ( Airtronics SD-6D ). Forever I have been flying 72mh radios. A new learning curve for me. I am computer challenged. If you had my radio in your hands I'm sure you would see my error . Again thanks, Dom.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:19 PM
raptureboy

Sorry Todd if I may have stepped on your toes. I did not even check to see this was the Airtronics forum. The guys over at the Futaba forum got a little testy with me when I answered a question for them
Old 03-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Hesp

Well guys problem solved. After talking to the Airtronics tech line here is what I found. I had both servo arms pointing in the same direction to the right. The help tech said each servo arm needed to be pointing toward it's wingtip. Left servo arm points to left wingtip & right servo arm pointing right. It appears I did follow the instructions . Just don't recall them stating in which direction the servo arms were to be pointed. Yahoo!! Success. Guess I will be able to fly my wing now. Thanks again guys for your support. Dom
Old 03-08-2016, 06:25 AM
raptureboy

Good luck and happy landings!