Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

*Airtronics RD8000 2.4 GHz*

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 03:58 PM
mcdaniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Airtronics RD8000 2.4 GHz*

HI there
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL, THANKS for answer my question about batt .Since I never like ni-cad ones , I order a lipo one for my tx .So after 1 week of use everyday, My experience is wow!!!! ,I got new tx no need to charge every 2-3 days my pack, I love that,Rock solid fit nice in radio slot.Price only 20.00 in HC. Small mod only need is to reverse the electrical terminal of the plug to fit this radio Its very easy 3 min job.
WARNING: IF YOU ORDER THIS LIPO OR ANOTHER ONE PLEASE ,CHECK THE PLUG ELECTRICAL TERMINAL YOU HAVE TO REVERSE THE POLARITY CONECTION TO FIT THIS RADIO. POSITIVE RED+ (DOWN), NEGATIVE BLACK (UP).SMALL MOD NEED IS NOT PLUG AND PLAY.
ENJOY MORE HAPPY FLY TIMES.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51391.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1099758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98731.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1099759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51015.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1099760  
Old 12-30-2008, 04:39 PM
ricoalonso

This is a 3S LiPo, correct? So the Tx can handle as much as 12.4v without the danger of over voltage or overheating any of its electronics?

Thanks,
^R^
Old 12-31-2008, 03:47 PM
mcdaniel

HI there
No noticiable temperatura increased inside the unit, with 3s lipo. So far so good.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:06 AM
S.D.McCRAWLEY

I got to the field today and turned on my RDS8000 (and my RX) after not having used it for about a month. No movement from my ailerons. Did some quick trouble shooting and eliminated the servos. Came home and tried another model that I have and same thing, no aileron movement. Both models are using dual channels for the ailerons. I'm guessing that it is something inside the TX and that it needs to be sent in for repairs. Never any hint of anything wrong until today. Has anybody had any similar experiences? Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:50 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: S.D.McCRAWLEY

I got to the field today and turned on my RDS8000 (and my RX) after not having used it for about a month. No movement from my ailerons. Did some quick trouble shooting and eliminated the servos. Came home and tried another model that I have and same thing, no aileron movement. Both models are using dual channels for the ailerons. I'm guessing that it is something inside the TX and that it needs to be sent in for repairs. Never any hint of anything wrong until today. Has anybody had any similar experiences? Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks.
Have you checked your mix setting and epa or atv im unsure which term airtronics
uses also in atv menu can you see a change when you move the ail stick R to L.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:59 AM
ricoalonso

ORIGINAL: S.D.McCRAWLEY

Is the Rx 'totally' not responding or is it just the aileron? Did you check if the usual blue light in the Rx is ON?

I had the same issue with my RDS8000. Just before the Holidays, it happened... I was just flying my micro-Heli one day and decided to take a break and after an hour I went back just find out the Heli would not respond anymore. I checked and found that the Rx light would just blink at power ON then OFF. At first, I thought it was the Rx... I even tried to re-Bind it but did not help. When I tried it in my other Heli with the 2nd Rx, it did the same. So, I am somewhat convinced that the problem was in the Tx. It is now with Global Hobby's Service department and I'm still waiting for it.

Rico.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 AM
S.D.McCRAWLEY

ira d - The mix setting on both models checks good (FLAPE-ACT). The EPA checks good in one direction only (100% on one model and 120% or the other). When I move the stick left to right, the directional arrow, as well as the value (%), does not change on either model. This leads me to believe that the internal connection to the left/right axis on the right stick has either shorted out or become disconnected.

ricoalonso - The blue light stays on and steady and it is just the ailerons that do not work. The elevators, thottle and rudder all seems to work normally. This is the case on both models. Keep me posted with the progress/outcome of your situation.

I'm going to try the Global Hobbies 800 number this morning and see what they have to say. Also, I'm going to the AMA Expo in Ontario (CA) today. Hopefully, I'll run into Mike Greenshields (or somebody else from Global Hobbies) there.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:19 PM
S.D.McCRAWLEY

Just got off the phone with Global Hobbies. They said to send the radio to them. They also said it should be about a one week turn-around. I'll keep you post on the progress/outcome.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

WOW.. hobbypeople.net have a killer deal on these right now... $149
Old 01-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: *Airtronics RD8000 2.4 GH*

I have a problem with my RDS8000.

I have been running the system on another model, and all is ok. But with my new model, I am having problems getting dual servo's to run my ailerons.

I can switch the servo wires from servo to servo and they work ok alone, but when I plug my aileron servo into receiver plugs #2 and #6, I only get one aileron servo to work.

What am I doing wrong.

I'm very pleased with my Airtronics 2.4 gig Tx and Rx. I have been flying them for several months now, and no problems at all. I await the 2.4 gig modules for my Stylus Tx.

Any help would be nice with my problem,
Bob Paris
Old 01-09-2009, 01:55 PM
ricoalonso

ORIGINAL: Bob Paris

I have a problem with my RDS8000.

I have been running the system on another model, and all is ok. But with my new model, I am having problems getting dual servo's to run my ailerons.

I can switch the servo wires from servo to servo and they work ok alone, but when I plug my aileron servo into receiver plugs #2 and #6, I only get one aileron servo to work.

What am I doing wrong.

I'm very pleased with my Airtronics 2.4 gig Tx and Rx. I have been flying them for several months now, and no problems at all. I await the 2.4 gig modules for my Stylus Tx.

Any help would be nice with my problem,
Bob Paris
I think you need to activate the FLAPE feature in the Tx programming features to activate the 2 channels (#2 & #6) for Ailerons. I don't have my Tx right now (still with Global Hobby for service/repair) but that what I see in the manual.

Rico.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:07 PM
S.D.McCRAWLEY

Hey Bob, I think Rico is right. You need to go to the "Etc" settings, scroll down to "FLAPE" (Flaperons) and set to "ACT" (Active). Checkout page 45 in the manual.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok guys...
Thanks for the fix.
Bob Paris
Old 01-09-2009, 02:23 PM
seanucd2000
My Feedback: (1)

Anyone notice these are on sale at Hobby People with a single receiver for $149 yet? Why on earth would anyone spend a penny on any radio but one of these is beyond me....
Old 01-09-2009, 03:18 PM
mrbigg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: seanucd2000

Anyone notice these are on sale at Hobby People with a single receiver for $149 yet? Why on earth would anyone spend a penny on any radio but one of these is beyond me....
I hear ya.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:07 PM
BelAirBob

Some guys in my club recently went to a flea market in Delaware and report you can buy the "older" transmitters for as little as $5 each. No one wants old technology....at least not many. This is hopefully a good shot in the arm for the hobby industry in light of the economic situation in this country....
Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 PM
S.D.McCRAWLEY

Just got back from the AMA Expo in Ontario (CA). Stopped by the Global Hobby booth and actually held the new ten channel radio. Not looking for one myself, but I know alot of you are anxious, so I just thought I'd let you know that it really does exist. The radio has buttons and switches everywhere. Looked pretty cool all chromed out too. Seemed like everybody else there liked it too. Also got to see the new 5 & 7 channel receivers. I think they said something about an even smaller receiver in the works too. They're still hopeful for an April release date, in time for Toledo. Also got a chance to meet Mike G. Nice meeting you Mike and thanks for all of your help with this forum.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How does this radio compare to a Spektrum/JR 9303?

It is my understanding that the 9303 has a function that you simply turn on for dual elevators. Seams really easy to program. Also, the 9303 has dual rates and expo on the rudder.

How hard is it to program this RDS8000 to work dual elevators?

If you have it programmed for dual elevators AND you have those elevators set up with dual rates AND expo ....... does it hold the same travel rates on both low and high rates? My JR8103 has the capability of running dual elevators, BUT.... BUT... when you flip the dual rates switch, the servos don't track exactly perfect. It's an inherent programming flaw in this 10yr old radio.

IF I program dual elevators on the RDS8000....... will they hold and track with each other on both low and high rates? This is EXTREMELY important to me. I fly big airplanes with dual elevators and I want them synched on low AND high rates. Not close... I want them perfect. The 9303 will do this. Will the Airtronics RDS8000 do this?

Does it have dual rates and expo on the rudder? If not, can you at least run a mix on a switch to get dual rates?

Is it possible to run a multi-point curve, say on high rates, to "simulate" expo on the rudder?

I guess what I'm asking is:
Just HOW extensive is the programming in this radio? Does it mix dual elevators and dual rudders easily?

Why on earth didn't they put in software for dual rates and expo for the rudder? Seams silly not to do this. Is there a way to use the programming features to get the dual rates and expo I desire?

I'm REALLY interested in this radio. For $149 I'm about to whip out the credit card and buy it RIGHT NOW. But if it has weird programming limitations that can't be resolved, I guess I'll save a few more pennies for the 9303. []
Old 01-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: seanucd2000

This is insane! You buy the single rx combo for $149 then add a second rx for $79 and that's less than $230. Better than the original 1 tx/2 rx for $239 deal. Plus you also get free shipping.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:07 PM
mrbigg

Chris, I've been using the RD 8000 with my big Ultimate and and with my Carden Profile Edge and have not had any problems running dual elevator servos. I've checked everything your asking about travel with the rates on high and low and it works fine. Even with expo. I actually have a couple of matchboxes sitting on the shelf. Don't need them. Both planes have 8611A's on the elevators, one on each side. The Edge has two on the rudder and the Ultimate only one. It'll have two this spring though. It was always a little soft on knife edge and I really like the rudder authority on the Edge. I have both of them rudder servos set up without a matchbox without any problems either. Both get their signal from the one rudder port on the reciever. I have used my RDS 8000 on my smaller planes and have used the flaperon setting so that I could get spoilerons on the ailerons. Everything works the same as the standard RD so I'm assuming the dual elevator is the same also. I'll let you know this spring how the big ones do, as they are going 2.4 also.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:55 PM
RCGeckoman

Dual elevators is as easy as switching it on, (channel 1 and 7), no expo for rudder but dual rates is easily programmed in. The RDS8000 does not have these features cos it is just the RD8000 with at different set of frequecy parts. For the money it is FANTASTIC, solid in the air, balances well and I have had no problems whatsoever with it or with the programming. The new 10 channel, hopefully coming out in April, will be even better as a lot of things have been changed. If you have $149 spare then get one, you will not be disappointed!! If you want more, wait for the 10 channel and get that for under $500 from what has been said so far..but there is no definite price as yet, but Airtronics are loooking t take a good chunk of market share and I, for one, will definitely be helping them!!!! (well...once I save me penniesup anyway )

A very happy and content RDS8000 user!!

Dave L
Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 AM
warningshot

ORIGINAL: deckerv

WOW.. hobbypeople.net have a killer deal on these right now... $149
After reading all 51+pages and then seeing this I just had to order one.
Good way to go 2.4.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:27 AM
Muroc1

That's exactly what I did and I am very pleased with this radio so far.

Frank
Old 01-14-2009, 11:07 AM
chopper man

Had to do it. Purchased one for my brother. Even if it is just ok it's still a great deal.

chopper
Old 01-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the RD8000 have a timer with audible alarm?

Thanks,
Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.