Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
 How Much Do They Make Per Year >

How Much Do They Make Per Year

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How Much Do They Make Per Year

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Much Do They Make Per Year

All of the people in Muncie, is there somewhere or somebody that can answer this question?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Banned

Default RE: How Much Do They Make Per Year

From the 2008 AMA tax return:

Craig Schroeder, Comptroller $26,923
Diana Garza , comptroller $67,784
Jim Cherry , Executive Director $125,260
JOYCE HAGER , ASST EXEC DIRECTOR $107,727

Compensation of current officers, directors , trustees, and key employees $353,453 (above named included)

Other salaries and wages $1,630,394 (40 to 50 employees)

Other employee benefits $283,761

I assume it has increased since 2008.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:46 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

The Gravy Train.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned

It would be nice if the AMA published the details like job descriptions, work area, hours, etc. for all employees.
I don't know why they don't. It is all public record information. Why not just put it out there for everyone to see?
Of course if you request it, they have to furnish all information except names for all but the top five employees (IRS rules for all NPO's except churches and private foundations).Top five salaried employees must be named.

"The new IRS rules promise a critical change in the accountability of public charities and other tax-exempt organizations to the U.S. tax-payers, who are ultimately supposed to benefit from the preferential tax treatment given to exempt organizations. Tax-exempt organizations will generally be required to make easily available to the public many details of their finances and operations that may not be included in their regular annual reports." from [link=http://www.muridae.com/publicaccess/]here.[/link]
Old 10-03-2010, 11:33 PM

Heck, I'd just like to see the labor costs broke down into like 5 or so groups.
We've been dieing to know the labor cost of the folks working on MA magazine,
and who wouldnt be tickled to see how much we paid folks to make the PPP magazine for the few guy in PPP.
Remember when CFO was the EVPs job.... what do we pay for that new CFO position now?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:23 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

From the 2008 AMA tax return:

Craig Schroeder, Comptroller $26,923
Diana Garza , comptroller $67,784
Jim Cherry , Executive Director $125,260
JOYCE HAGER , ASST EXEC DIRECTOR $107,727

Compensation of current officers, directors , trustees, and key employees $353,453 (above named included)

Other salaries and wages $1,630,394 (40 to 50 employees)

Other employee benefits $283,761

I assume it has increased since 2008.

Whoa....I need to get a job with a non-profit. Sweet salaries there! I could definitely buy some new planes with those kind of skeets. I am eyeing that AED position at 107k. I would be smiling all the way to the bank
Old 10-04-2010, 06:08 AM
My Feedback: (23)

Remember, those are NOT starting salaries. They come after 20+ years of experience.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: pettit

Remember, those are NOT starting salaries. They come after 20+ years of experience.
The proof for that?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:41 AM

I wonder how many E.D.s AMA has had? I also wonder why they seem to have such a hard time keeping them, especially since they are paid so well? Is that job that difficult? Why don't they let Joyce keep that position? Maybe she doesn't want it either.

Fliers1
Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Banned

Isn't Executive Director an elected position?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:34 AM

There's a common question that runs through everything in todays society, and is now raising its ugly head here..."How come so and so makes so much money?!" Everyone seems to think "the other guy" makes too much money. Well here's what I propose, why don't some of the people who think the AMA officials are making too much apply for that job, and take a LOWER salary? SAME qualification mind you, don't think you can run an organization with a broom pusher background. You MUST be able to prove you can do the job, and then do it for WAY less money, because after all the people doing it now are doing far too little for far to much money......even though no one here REALLY knows what they do on a daily basis.

I once heard a woman complain that the guy digging a ditch in her yard was making $20 per hour......I asked her if she or her husband would dig that same ditch. She responded,"Why my husband is a doctor, he can't risk his hands digging a ditch". I then told her, "Then the guy digging the ditch IS worth $20 per hour." Same story here, unless you are willing to do the EXACT same job for less money, the person doing that job is worth what they are getting paid......
Old 10-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: tinner1
You MUST be able to prove you can do the job,
Absolutely wrong for almost all elected positions in the USA. Just examine your local school board for proof of that.
Why not post the AMA equirements to run for the paid position(s).
Old 10-04-2010, 08:47 AM

Here we go again......I'm not talking about school board officials, and don't care to...NOT on topic, or as YOU always say "apples to oranges". I am saying MY prerequsit for complaining about how much they make is you do the EXACT SAME JOB. If they sit on their behinds all day, THAT is what you will have to do to replace them, BUT you will have to do it for less money......and if you won't do it for less money.....

QUIT COMPLAINING THEY MAKE TOO MUCH!!!!

Edit added:
I see Silent-AV8R just blew your post #12 out of the water! You jumped on "elected" officials and as usual you said something you didn't know all the facts about.............And as far as "Why not post the AMA requirements to run for the paid position(s)." I remember reading just recently in MA, OH I forgot you don't get it, where the qualifications for a position that needed to be filled WAS posted in the mag. So that statement is wrong too. You're 0 for 2..........
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 AM

Isn't Executive Director an elected position?
No, it is not.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Banned

If I wanted the E.D. job I would have to be elected. What part of that do you not understand? There are no requirements other than getting elected.
As for any non-elected jobs in the AMA, since the AMA post no job descriptions it is hard to know if there are any qualifications at all.
For all anyone kniows Muncie consists of friends and relatives of the board members.No that is not an accusation just demonstrating how little anyone knows about what is going on in Muncie.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:59 AM

INCLUDING YOU............
Old 10-04-2010, 09:19 AM
My Feedback: (1)

If I wanted the E.D. job I would have to be elected. What part of that do you not understand? There are no requirements other than getting elected.
Sorry DB, WRONG AGAIN! Read the documents you often claim to have, such as the bylaws, etc. The Executive Director is an appointed position by the Board. The Board is elected by the membership. If you want to run for the board positions, that process is out there.

I never begrudge ANYONE the salary they are making. The organization they work for has determined that that position has a certain value, and determined the salary point at which they can get the best available person to do the job. Statements
For all anyone kniows Muncie consists of friends and relatives of the board members
are insulting to the people working there, and I hope RCken decides to clean this thread up as well. I read your disclaimer statement after that, but that doesn't excuse such statements.

I repeat my request that if you hold the AMA and the people working for them in such disdain, just get out of it. Go away. Your constant P and M ing doesn't contribute constructively. There are those on this forum that I don't agree with in what they're doing, but they have never stooped to the level of insulting the AMA staff for the work that they do like you have.

Brad
Old 10-04-2010, 09:29 AM
My Feedback: (1)

+1

All points.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:36 AM

EXCELENT post Brad......
Old 10-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Banned

My apologies. The EC is elected and then appoints an ED. No requirements for ED that I can find.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:39 AM

I can see why he is of that concern.
Stillman got a job he didnt apply for.
The CFO position decision was entertaining.
And how much did we pay a muncie relative for financial consulting (per tax records)?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:41 AM

If you guys can do such a better job....GO FOR IT! The ones you constantly complain about did and got the job. The "system" does work!

OH I forgot, there goes MY "bad attitude" again.....
Old 10-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bkdavy
I repeat my request that if you hold the AMA and the people working for them in such disdain, just get out of it.
I am always amazed at the way you put words and meaning in other peoples mouths, I can only attribute that to a poor education system in your area. You apparently are not educated enough to understand that reductio ad absurdinam is not an insult but rather a well established form of analysis.
I do not need you to "excuse me" for having an education and being intelligent, as well as making mistakes (which I always admit to unlike you).
I suggest that if you don't like my being able to voice my own opinion in the USA, that you leave it. I think you will enjoy China.
If you don't like the fact that people like me are members then maybe you should quit.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As for any non-elected jobs in the AMA, since the AMA post no job descriptions it is hard to know if there are any qualifications at all.
For all anyone kniows Muncie consists of friends and relatives of the board members.No that is not an accusation just demonstrating how little anyone knows about what is going on in Muncie.

Come on DB. If you wish to keep up your basically very good educational thesis on AMA, you need to not allow emotion to override your objectivity.

The AMA Executive Director is a Staff position and not an elected position. The Executive Council hires and/or fires the Executive Director. The ED then hires/fires staff and runs the staff to comply with EC policies, [sm=confused.gif] or at least is supposed to comply! [sm=wink_smile.gif]

So if you would like to get that job, I think you should apply and send in a resume to the EC via Dave Mathewson. Right now AMA is advertising for a "Media Manager". http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/hr.aspx
Old 10-04-2010, 09:58 AM

ANYBODY with a "first grade" education knows you don't put people down because of their education. Nor do you put YOURSELF "above" those same people........ESPECIALLY if you are supposed to be a "teacher?"

Education today is more an economic result rather than a reflection of ones knowledge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.