Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

More AMA Forum Displeasure:

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

More AMA Forum Displeasure:

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More AMA Forum Displeasure:

Sent to selected AMA Officers

Reference the AMA Forum subforum "Forum suggestions", I posted the following. (It well may already be gone. HA!) Added: IT IS.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As an AMA member of some 60 years +/- a year or so, I suggest this forum be renamed the Private Property of Frank "Muroc" and "Arbo". Since they have complete control of everything presented here, and the forum has degenerated to Muroc's total control, I see no reason why the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) should be condemned to the thoughts of one self-perpetuated individual that struggles to be the master of a very fine organization designed to promote the sport-hobby of all aeromodeling.

Once the renaming takes place then the AMA should no longer finance any part of this "forum".

This message also sent to selected AMA officers.

>>>>>>
ARBO:

"Horrace,

I have removed the thread you started. It is a clear violation of the rules of the forum. If you continue down this path, you will be issued a 30 day ban from the site.

I don't know what your problem is, but the reality is there is a set of rules for the site, put down by those high up at the AMA, and a few people that are tasked with ensuring the rules as put out, are followed.

I expect better from a Leader Member.

Paul "
Old 01-26-2011, 01:37 PM
John Casey
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: More AMA Forum Displeasure:

If the Republicans or Democrates had total control of what was written and or posted on RCU......

Would anything, from the "other" side ............even be allowed?

I have seen moderators take sides, depending on the subject,
and oppress the "other sides" point of view, just because it was not their point of view.

God Bless You Horrace.... for reminding us that govt's both large and small.....
fall prey to the same sins.... that our founding fathers fought against.....
tyranny,oppression, and the.... we are right......... JUST BECAUSE WE SAY SO! crowd.

Just consider how history would have turned out, if the "otherside" never ever had their say:
Racisim?
Nazism?
Communism?
Womens rights?
immigration?
Guns?

The AMA is a part of our model aircraft gov't...they need to hear and read what we think, regardless of how we think it, or worse, whos thinking it. Please...... don't shoot the messengers.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM
bradpaul

LOL.................... When Arbo was made a moderator after coming off a 30 day ban on the AMA Forum, the regulars here jumped for joy......... But now that he is moderating some of their posts and threads, my how the attitude changes.

Too funny........................
Old 01-26-2011, 03:08 PM
KidEpoxy

but the reality is there is a set of rules for the site, put down by those high up at the AMA, and a few people that are tasked with ensuring the rules as put out, are followed.
ho, thats a good one

I seem to recall a whole passel of posts by a few folks were deleted,
then when more post replaced them, they too were deleted,
and then some more got deleted in their place,
and when it was eventually asked just why all them posts were deleted over a few days
we then saw Muroc create a new rule (of his??) and point to that as to why posts were deleted days before the rule
(changing one subforums rules to include some rule specific to a different subforum)

Arbo
I also recall having you preview and ok a post to make sure it wouldnt get 'secret police' deleted,
and you probably recall it was indeed mysteriously deleted after you gave it a clean bill of health.

so, if you say it was not in violation of the rules handed down from on high,
then just what the heck was going on when it got deleted by moderator/s ... what, acting on their own agenda?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:47 PM
tinner1

When Arbo was made a moderator after coming off a 30 day ban on the AMA Forum, the regulars here jumped for joy......... But now that he is moderating some of their posts and threads, my how the attitude changes.
This is EXACTLY why I feel the AMA forum is not worth the electrons to get it to show up on my computer...!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:30 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The AMA forum is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to agree with Horrace-but I do on this one-BECAUSE HE IS RIGHT
Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

The AMA forum is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to agree with Horrace-but I do on this one-BECAUSE HE IS RIGHT
The only good way out for that forum is to allow questions to be only answered by Joyce... with only a few exceptions the rest is pretty much a suckfest... but I can only guess Joyce is probably way to busy keeping everything else in order...
Old 01-27-2011, 07:13 AM
bradpaul

Looks like the AMA Forum is doing a pretty good job of moderation judging by the posts here by those that don't like it. [sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 01-27-2011, 08:10 AM
KidEpoxy

Brad
so you are happy with the AMA board banning every Tom Dick & Harry... yet they havent found a reason to ban ole Kid Epoxy in the year plus they've been operating and I've been posting there? If you take a look at the ban club there, with folks like Huber Hoss Red & Arbo etc, seems the guy that hasnt broken the rules to get banned is the one you want silenced the most.... how does that fit: You have a problem with the guy that is obeying the rules so would you say you are in sync with what the AMA actually allows?

Its like the other recent thread-
Perhaps the guy that is getting over half of his posts deleted last quarter should get banned for REPEATEDLY breaking the rules
(since we are of course assuming the posts were deleted due to a violation and not agenda).
So, why is the AMA protecting KidEpoxy from getting a ban if he is habitually violating the rules with his posts?

One theory: he isnt actually violating anything, his posts are getting agenda deleted by the secret police.
Another theory: AMA loves what KE is doing and protects him from the ban other habitual violators would get.
Yet another theory: Incompetence of the banners? They just dont know whats going on??? ... or would that be Clueless? Either way, it would be a very insulting opinion of the AMA, if one opines that this is why KE dont get banned for his habitual (supposed) violations.

Any other theories why gobs and gobs of KE posts get stealth deleted on our AMA board
yet KE is never brought to stand on the carpet for ALL those (supposed) violations?

Violate, Rinse, Repeat: the AMA board way?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Sport_Pilot

Probably for the humor.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 AM
bradpaul

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Brad
so you are happy with the AMA board banning every Tom Dick & Harry... yet they havent found a reason to ban ole Kid Epoxy in the year plus they've been operating and I've been posting there? If you take a look at the ban club there, with folks like Huber Hoss Red & Arbo etc, seems the guy that hasnt broken the rules to get banned is the one you want silenced the most.... how does that fit: You have a problem with the guy that is obeying the rules so would you say you are in sync with what the AMA actually allows?

Its like the other recent thread-
Perhaps the guy that is getting over half of his posts deleted last quarter should get banned for REPEATEDLY breaking the rules
(since we are of course assuming the posts were deleted due to a violation and not agenda).
So, why is the AMA protecting KidEpoxy from getting a ban if he is habitually violating the rules with his posts?

One theory: he isnt actually violating anything, his posts are getting agenda deleted by the secret police.
Another theory: AMA loves what KE is doing and protects him from the ban other habitual violators would get.
Yet another theory: Incompetence of the banners? They just dont know whats going on??? ... or would that be Clueless? Either way, it would be a very insulting opinion of the AMA, if one opines that this is why KE dont get banned for his habitual (supposed) violations.

Any other theories why gobs and gobs of KE posts get stealth deleted on our AMA board
yet KE is never brought to stand on the carpet for ALL those (supposed) violations?

Violate, Rinse, Repeat: the AMA board way?

I have had many posts deleted and even threads closed on the AMA Forum.......... but I don't whine about it on other forums like some do here.......................... So you got moderated.......... so what! man up.

Brad
Old 01-27-2011, 09:45 AM
phlpsfrnk

I have a theory; most people ignore inane posts and quite a few posts are as full of inappropriate analogies as to defy what is trying to be said, but that is just my theory. I too have been moderated, but I’m not quite ready to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet.

Regards
Frank
Old 01-27-2011, 01:46 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Maybe this will be next-we could burn our AMA cards and refuse to be a member-Since our landlord has informed us that AMA insurance is not required for our club to fly on his property.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:49 PM
ctrout

Interesting post K.E. Sounds like your expecting it any time now.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:26 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

I have had many posts deleted and even threads closed on the AMA Forum.......... but I don't whine about it on other forums like some do here.......................... So you got moderated.......... so what! man up.

Brad

Hmmm... sounds like they forgot to ban you for all the threads and posts they have to keep removing because of you... Hmmm... more proof the moderation is indeed broke over there... Oh well, sing merrily along, full of glee...
Old 01-27-2011, 10:42 PM
KidEpoxy

LCS
yup, sound like yet more Violate Rinse Repeat

guess the problem is bigger than I thought,
but I'm man enough to admit: per those testimonials it seems I underestimated how big the problem had gotten

How many posts are listed at our board, (8831)
what is currently the oldest still visible post, (one forum has msg41 still there)
and then look at the msg ID# of the most current post there, (12016)
.... for every 3 posts 1 gets deleted over there??? Does that sound high for a AMA member only board?

At first I thought the missing 3k posts must have been pruned off by old age,
till I saw msg41 hasnt met some age prunic demise.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:09 AM
phlpsfrnk

LCS

but I'm man enough to admit: per those testimonials it seems I underestimated how big the problem had gotten

what is currently the oldest still visible post, (one forum has msg41 still there)
.... for every 3 posts 1 gets deleted over there??? Does that sound high for a AMA member only board?

I believe your math is off by at least 688, but I see your point.

Frank
Old 01-28-2011, 07:14 AM
bradpaul

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

LCS

Frank

Heck the deleted posts from "the ferret" (who was also banned here BTW) probably make up about 2000 of the missing posts.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:11 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

LCS

Frank

Heck the deleted posts from ''the ferret'' (who was also banned here BTW) probably make up about 2000 of the missing posts.

"the ferret" was also banned on RCG. I wonder how many deletes have been stacked up on RCU and RCG? Did the Kid count those?

Regards
Frank
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 AM
The Toolman

Hoss, I tried to warn people a long time ago about what muroc's intentions were, and only a few listened. Now ya know what he really is.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 PM
KidEpoxy

Heck the deleted posts from "the ferret" (who was also banned here BTW) probably make up about 2000 of the missing posts.
AMA board DBCisco
total posts 423
Remaining 207

Your estimate was high by almost an order of magnitude.
Is it a case of Violate Rinse Repeat?
Well, for a guy that gets every other post deleted, did they give him 150 warnings,
then another 50 more 2nd chances,
and then 16 more Thin Ice?
All this spanning a presence of just a couple months of posting (July-Nov)?
Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 AM
The Toolman

STL
STL
STL

There, I said it 3 times in a row. Lets see what happens now. I'm betting nothing will change......hehe
Old 01-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

This is not aimed at you Toolman just a few general thoughts I had after reading through this thread.

Maybe the voice of the people should just be squelched. After all, any of us with any sense at all can see there is bias after bias in the forums.

Squelching the voice of the people would certainly be the best way to grow an org. Heck, after all isn't that becoming the American way and it what has made good old USA what it is today? Yep, the government controlling the voices of the people in the land of the free and home of the brave..."blech"...makes me want to hurl.

I do agree some administration must exist and troublemakers must be controlled with order and discipline, but it seems to me what I read in controversial (AMA subjects a good example) forums is controlled by bias for the most part and if one ruffles some feathers then "walla" the hammer goes down.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:48 AM
KidEpoxy

"the ferret" was also banned on RCG. I wonder how many deletes have been stacked up on RCU and RCG? Did the Kid count those?

Regards
Frank
wait, is this another thread where you guys just want to talk trash about other posters,
or are we discussing what could be a shortcoming of AMAs board that AMA needs to fix.
What does RCG have to do with how AMA runs its board mods, are AMA mods Arbo & Muroc mods there too?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:17 AM
The Toolman

KE, Muroc got just what he has been wanting, an now everybody can see what the real deal is. He's the kind of guy I would not trust behind me with a knife.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.