Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Interesting newly posted AMA documents concerning the FAA regulations

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Interesting newly posted AMA documents concerning the FAA regulations

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 05:54 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Interesting newly posted AMA documents concerning the FAA regulations

ORIGINAL: cj_rumley

Silent:
Meaningless in the context of what we are talking about, but still amusing.
Gerry:

I think you got your version from '1984' (or was it Animal Farm?). I don't argue against there often being truth in it, but I don't support or voluntarily contribute to the concept.

Not really, not from 1948 nor animal farm. They belong to me, and the first time I used them it was in Spanish:-) Of course, somebody else might had the same idea. I live close to Philadelphia, and love the city and it's history, and our forefathers, and their vision. The words belog to Jefferson, of course, and in the context of his argument they fit perfectly. The thing is that most people in those rooms (at that time) actually owned other people. They just purchased and sold people like we would buy and sell a radio. Those people they purchased and sold where called slaves. So, I cannot help and smile each time I read his words "all men are created equal". That's the story, and I am sticking to it.

Gerry

Old 02-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interesting newly posted AMA documents concerning the FAA regulations

ORIGINAL: The Toolman
Silent av8r appears to be the Nancy Pelosi of airplane regs an info. ''We'll see whats in it after its done'' hahaha
Since you have all the answers, why not tell us what's in the proposed regulations...Unless you just like to insult people for no good reason.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:54 AM
The Toolman

I could care less whats in the rules/regs coming down. What do ya think about that sweetheart?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:45 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Maybe folks should be members or contributors to the AMA before they gripe about how they are handling their members business. Join, vote, participate. In that order.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Woody218

ORIGINAL: The Toolman

I could care less whats in the rules/regs coming down.
If you don't care, then why do you go off on the AMA at every opportunity?
Old 02-12-2011, 08:33 AM
The Toolman

K-bob-come right out an say it to me, quit cowering down behind that "folks" B.S. This Red wannabe stuff gets old with me.

Woody-I've got my own reasons, an a couple of'em are, I don't like sneaky azz people, nor cowards.

I think I'm done in this thread anyway, to many ama brownies here.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:35 AM
KidEpoxy

Maybe folks should be members or contributors to the AMA before they gripe about how they are handling their members business.
no,
maybe folks should be Taxpayers
before griping how a taxfree org is handling its alleged serving the community.
The IRS giveth and the IRS can taketh away.

The NRA never asks for its members to be more equal by law than the rest of the people. By protecting EVERYONE the nra protects its members too
Old 02-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Woody218

Does the NRA also protect those who are staunch gun banners? The right to keep and bear arms is a constitutional right. There is no constitutional right to build and fly model aircraft.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 AM
KidEpoxy

Does the NRA also protect those who are staunch gun banners?
yes, of course
NRA is all about folks having their gun rights,
even gun banners have the same gun rights as the non-banners, regardless of NRA membership

Even Fienstein got a concealed carry back then

NRA protects everyone's ability to have guns,
AMA documents/web say AMA is protecting AMA members ability to have toy airplanes
by trying to get its members excluded from the harsh junk affecting everyone else
Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no constitutional right to build and fly model aircraft.
Actually it is covered in Amemdments #9 and 10.