Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Lawsuit filed against AMA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Lawsuit filed against AMA

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Tjettzky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lawsuit filed against AMA

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

Bingo!

Silent AV8R, considering the intensity of your defense for the ''plaintiff'', I'm leaning towards the possibility that you may know this 'Soar' loser.

J/K

Like LCS says... ''try to lighten up''.
[/quote]

"Soar Loser" made me almost spit out the Coke I was drinking.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Silent-AV8R

-
Old 06-15-2011, 12:24 PM
navee8or

All this name calling and acusations may be a moot point should whatever information regarding activities sanctioned by AMA be pointed out by her lawyer. a perfect exsample is the activity of a certain individual in an indoor flying meet flying a model with the transmitter behind his back. Skill??? or blatant disregard for the saftey rule. This action was even documented in ama's own magazine Many other examples could also be obtained, such as deliberatly crashing model into objects placed on a picnic table at another publicised sanctioned ama meet. I could go on and on. the point is with us being in the eye of the public we not only get scrutinised for what we do, but also what we do wrong. Plus the comments that were just said on this thread have degraded it to a pissing contest. The main thing is somebody got hurt, now it is up to the insurance companies to evaluate what should be done. It's too bad that in the eyes of the public we are still just a bunch of little boys with expensive toys. to proove my point just read through some of the threads in this site. Come on guys this is supposed to be a sport/hobby where we enjoy each other's company and share and exchange ideas, not see who can screw the other guy better.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:51 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember an episode at my RC club about 20 years ago. One of the self proclaimed "Best Pilots in the Club" was doing some show-off flying. We were setting up for a pylon race, and 4 club pilots were flying laps around the pylons to let the crew working the race (our first) get some experience. The BP started flying laps inverted with a Q-500. He started drifting out of the legitimate flight area, came over our regular pit, at which time we started calling out for him to get back, and even sent a runner out to try to get the situation under control. He wouldn't listen. Piled the plane into the parking lot, right between the CD's motor home and a group of young kids playing in that parking lot. The motor home, as well as some of the kids, were splashed with fuel from the tank rupturing when hitting the ground. The kids, and a lot of adults in the area, got scared. The pilot denied having any fault or responsibility for what happend, and claimed that it was people trying to tell him to get upright and back over the flying field who cused the crash. And besides, nobody was hurt, no vehicle was damage. Lataer, the father of one of the children mad the statement that if his sone had been hit, the lawsuit he'd have filed would have cleaned out the full AMA coverage and the homeowner's insurance and financial holdings of EVERY club member. Thing is, the errant pilot had an area wide reputation for being a dangerous pilot. And the pylon layout had the flight path almost 200' from the pit line and over 300' from the point of impact.

When somebody gets hurt, he has right to bring suit against the people who he(or his lawyer) think are respnsible. This is based on the various state laws. Will he be awarded the amount he asks for? Will he collect the full amount? or even any amount? No way to tell untill the trial and appeals process is over. Who is responsible in this case? I'd bet each party involved will have his or her own opinion. And the court system can only do so mucjd