Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How I see this forum

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How I see this forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:51 PM
P-Y
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How I see this forum

deleted
Old 05-07-2012, 01:53 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: JohnShe

Hossfly, I find your comments intriguing. I assume that you are using ''A person who tells people what to do in an autocratic way or who determines behavior in a particular sphere.' as the meaning of the term dictator. Perhaps not, you tell me.

In any case, these are the terms of posting on the AMA forum.

''The Academy of Model Aeronautics, Inc. is a family-oriented organization, and the forums are ''G'' rated.

Keep in mind that this is a discussion board. Posts that are off-topic, better suited as e-mail back to the original posting member, or one-line zingers (member harassment) will be removed.

HARASSMENT: We welcome individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and views, so this is our most important rule: Healthy debate and the exchange of ideas are encouraged; threats, abuse, hate speech, personal attacks, and harassment will not be tolerated.

Think of it this way: Attack an idea, not a person. Post: ''That's a stupid thing to say,'' instead of: ''You are the stupidest person in the world!''

VULGARITY AND MASKED VULGARITY: Many members find that certain words make them uncomfortable. We ask you to refrain from using vulgar language on our boards. Masked vulgarity is using curse words and trying to ''mask'' them with other symbols or letters, so that the word isn't spelled out.

BOARD DISRUPTION: We want you to enjoy the topics you discuss on the boards. Any postings that might interfere with the flow of discussion (e.g., off-topic posts, clutter posts [eg., ''me too''], etc.) will be removed without notice at the board monitors' discretion.

UNACCEPTABLE DISCUSSION: We don't allow the promotion of illegal activities on our boards. We reserve the right to remove posts that we believe involve nonconsensual activities or would likely result in serious harm to an individual.

CLASSIFIED, COMMERCIAL, OR SOLICITING POSTS: Posts soliciting or advertising events, items or businesses, which include phone numbers, Web sites, buy/sell items, SPAM, etc., are not permitted and will be removed.

All posts with signature lines that include links to other forums and message boards that are not associated with The Academy of Model Aeronautics, Inc. will be deleted this includes copy and pasting posts in other forums to the AMA forum.

SINGLE POSTS ONLY: In order to avoid the appearance of SPAM, please do not post the same message more than once per board and make sure it's relevant to the board and/or folder in which you post it. If you post the same message in more than one folder on a board, or more than once in the same folder, the board manager will leave one copy of the message in the most appropriate folder and delete the rest without notice.

POSTING PERSONAL INFORMATION: Addresses, phone numbers (fax, pager, etc.), and other private information doesn't belong on the boards.
The only exception to this rule is contact information for legitimate resources and non-profit organizations. All posts containing phone numbers may be removed without notice.

Keep things positive. Even if you've decided you don't like someone, at least respect his/her opinion. And if you don't share an interest in a topic or you think it's lame, don't post there. Your comments about not liking the topic will be removed.

We will do our best to judge posts on their own merits and in context; however, we do reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. If you have any questions concerning your use of the boards, please refer to our Terms of Service, which you agreed upon during your registration. ''

Please tell us which ones you don't like. Why are they dictatorial? To me, they seem quite reasonable and well suited to any forum. But then, I have been wrong before. So enlighten us.

Don't forget these;

So, today I am asking that we do not make any posts that (and I’ve seen all of these):
1. Reference another individual in a critical manner.
2. Reference any other Internet forum in a critical manner.
3. Link to a thread on another Internet forum for the purpose of negativism.
4. Include personal (copy & paste) emails which could be considered an attack of any individual, internet forum, or other entity.
5. Contain personal information about any individual without that individual’s permission.
6. Attack either an individual or an opinion (debate without being argumentative).
7. Argue for the sake of arguing.
8. Make snide, sarcastic remarks in response to another post with the obvious intent of getting a “reactionâ€.
9. Has as its subject an individual and making negative comments about that individual.
10. Contain blatantly false and misleading information about an individual, Internet forum, or other entity.
11. Contain any other negative thing I haven’t thought of.
12. All of this supplements the policy we already have in place.

If any posts like the above appear on the forum they will be edited or removed. In some cases the poster may be notified but this is not a requirement. The decision as to whether or not a post crosses the line will be at the sole discretion of a moderator. I realize this may be a little subjective but if everyone uses their best judgment; is respectful and considerate of others, there should be few problems.

The consequences for not conforming to this policy will be a first time warning. After that a further occurrence, depending on the severity of the infraction, will result in either a second warning or a 30 day ban. Once a poster has been banned once, any subsequent infractions may result in a permanent ban. These decisions, again, will be at the discretion of the moderators.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/fb.ashx?m=8332

Regards
Frank
Old 05-07-2012, 04:25 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: Veraster

This thread made me laugh. I've never clicked on the AMA section. So I decided to take a look and this was the first thread I saw.

Epic win.
This is nothing
Old 05-07-2012, 05:03 AM
pilotchute
My Feedback: (29)

H5487...right on brother.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:21 AM
KidEpoxy

If you look at the AMA forums at modelaircraft.org, you do not see nearly the vitriol that you see here.

Forum rules?
If the AMA forum followed ITS rules
we would have seen the guy posting open text profanity (followed with a post trying to bypass the profanity filter) get the same 30ban Hoss says he got for typing too many XXX's in a row ('masked profanity').

No,
just having rules dont mean squat if they are not enforced evenly and fairly.
Moderators allowing attacks of members that they dislike,
and deleting violation-free posts/threads from that member without justification
is not the same as having a good board without attacks.
You only see the board as 'good'
because they the targets of the rulebreaking attacks and biased/unjust moderation are your targets too.

One could try a self impose a 'moderated' status
and submit their posts to a moderator for review prior to posting-
and even though that moderator saw nothing wrong and approved the post
it somehow gets deleted by another moderator without explanation or chance to appeal the biased deletion.

Just look at the thread where a member asked AMA Accounting
(specifically asking for THEIR official answer) about the magazine Graytext$18,
even though the AMA comptroller eventually did give the answer ($58open = $18Magazine + $40membership)
we had to put up with 4 pages of ... whats the term used above.... 'the vitriol that you see here'.

Follow that up with a member being told
that even though there was another personal attack posted
by someone warned one more attack would be a ban,
the moderating staff decided not to ban that repetitious attacker
because its been a while since his last attack (and Last Straw warning)
so he gets 2nd Chance number 27

Heck, we could try banning certain folks,
but the popular kids want to ban the minority targets to stop the attacks.
What would a board without KidEpoxy be like?
Well, we saw exactly that when eveyone jumped onto the LeaderMembers board
-and then we saw the same old 'vitriol that you see here' on the Leader Members board.
Who was posting the vitrol on the leaders only board?
Well, only leaders can post, so it was the leaders
... KE didnt/cant post there so its REALLY hard to blame him for being attacked on the leaders only board.

So, we see that a board without KE is still used to attack KE,
and those attackers are the same old crew that attack KE at RCU (where KE posts)
and at RCG (where KE doesnt post).

.... soooo who should be banned?
The targets of these cross-board Vitriollers?
Or maybe the folks like the guys that pop into RCU once a while just to take a shot at KE without any regard for the thread topic

KE is on the receiving end of insults like Bedwetter,
just maybe the ban shouldnt go on the target of insults like that but on the attackers
(even when those continuing to hurl insults are pals with our leadership/hq)

and maybe our member org rules should protect all members,
and stop whitewashing history by deleting evidence of attacks & biased moderation
to protect the favored ones from the consequences/penalties of their attacks

Member asked a polite question of Muncie, and the comptroller answered,
but 4 pages of 'vitriol' against that member were allowed to stand month after month
http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/...?m=448&mpage=4
See all the hate spewed... see who it is spewing it...
... see the poor member agree with the DVP to just wait for the official answer.
Pretty condemning evidence of the bias on the AMA board,
and the way SOME favored folks are just allowed to Vitriate against other members
Old 05-07-2012, 06:27 AM
KidEpoxy

ORIGINAL: chris923

Where's KID EPOXY when we need him!

Chris923

sorry,
recovering from a serious celebration of
2mo-Pre- 4th of July
this first weekend of may-
CapeCods, Pinacoladas, and blue daiquiris
Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 AM
bradpaul

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

If you look at the AMA forums at modelaircraft.org, you do not see nearly the vitriol that you see here.

Forum rules?
If the AMA forum followed ITS rules
we would have seen the guy posting open text profanity (followed with a post trying to bypass the profanity filter) get the same 30ban Hoss says he got for typing too many XXX's in a row ('masked profanity').

No,
just having rules dont mean squat if they are not enforced evenly and fairly.
Moderators allowing attacks of members that they dislike,
and deleting violation-free posts/threads from that member without justification
is not the same as having a good board without attacks.
You only see the board as 'good'
because they the targets of the rulebreaking attacks and biased/unjust moderation are your targets too.

One could try a self impose a 'moderated' status
and submit their posts to a moderator for review prior to posting-
and even though that moderator saw nothing wrong and approved the post
it somehow gets deleted by another moderator without explanation or chance to appeal the biased deletion.

Just look at the thread where a member asked AMA Accounting
(specifically asking for THEIR official answer) about the magazine Graytext$18,
even though the AMA comptroller eventually did give the answer ($58open = $18Magazine + $40membership)
we had to put up with 4 pages of ... whats the term used above.... 'the vitriol that you see here'.

Follow that up with a member being told
that even though there was another personal attack posted
by someone warned one more attack would be a ban,
the moderating staff decided not to ban that repetitious attacker
because its been a while since his last attack (and Last Straw warning)
so he gets 2nd Chance number 27

Heck, we could try banning certain folks,
but the popular kids want to ban the minority targets to stop the attacks.
What would a board without KidEpoxy be like?
Well, we saw exactly that when eveyone jumped onto the LeaderMembers board
-and then we saw the same old 'vitriol that you see here' on the Leader Members board.
Who was posting the vitrol on the leaders only board?
Well, only leaders can post, so it was the leaders
... KE didnt/cant post there so its REALLY hard to blame him for being attacked on the leaders only board.

So, we see that a board without KE is still used to attack KE,
and those attackers are the same old crew that attack KE at RCU (where KE posts)
and at RCG (where KE doesnt post).

.... soooo who should be banned?
The targets of these cross-board Vitriollers?
Or maybe the folks like the guys that pop into RCU once a while just to take a shot at KE without any regard for the thread topic

KE is on the receiving end of insults like Bedwetter,
just maybe the ban shouldnt go on the target of insults like that but on the attackers
(even when those continuing to hurl insults are pals with our leadership/hq)

and maybe our member org rules should protect all members,
and stop whitewashing history by deleting evidence of attacks & biased moderation
to protect the favored ones from the consequences/penalties of their attacks

Member asked a polite question of Muncie, and the comptroller answered,
but 4 pages of 'vitriol' against that member were allowed to stand month after month
http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/...?m=448&mpage=4
See all the hate spewed... see who it is spewing it...
... see the poor member agree with the DVP to just wait for the official answer.
Pretty condemning evidence of the bias on the AMA board,
and the way SOME favored folks are just allowed to Vitriate against other members
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rasZz...ture=endscreen

Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 AM
KidEpoxy

wow
what a shocker

I discuss the off topic vitriol from the usual suspects (no names mentioned)
in a thread on vitriol,
and we get a post from BP completely ignoring the topic to take a mocking shot at me
... thereby demonstrating my point

Thanx Brad
posts like yours
make pointing out obvious and repetitive harassment
very easy
Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 AM
KidEpoxy

AMA boards rules???

what we are supposed to do:
Think of it this way: Attack an idea, not a person. Post: ''That's a stupid thing to say,'' instead of: ''You are the stupidest person in the world!''
what we are NOT supposed to do:
6. Attack either an individual or an opinion (debate without being argumentative).

perfect for Selective Enforcement,
anything the unpopular guy does is punishable,
yet the In Crowd somehow skates on their intentionally harmful words,
and are given countless '2nd chances' on repetition of clear harassing the same member over and over

Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

AMA boards rules???

what we are supposed to do:
what we are NOT supposed to do:

perfect for Selective Enforcement,
and are given countless '2nd chances' on repetition of clear harassing the same member over and over

Seen it many times here on RCU and have been rather perplexed by the continuation of it. Not knowing a posters' intent can make it tough if you are the unpopular poster. A strong reasoner can be considered very unpopular. If you dare refute an issue you may be considered the one that must go because your post was not "in line" with the rules and you dare not reason that with anyone in authority because that will not be allowed. You are just in the wrong and that is that.

On a forum as in life sometimes. Forum=Internet "message" board. A lot of the made up rules oppose the very definition of an Internet forum. I like the term you use, "Selective Enforcement" which sort of reminds me of the little town law that makes up the rules, keeps them in their back pocket, locks up innocents to get some cash from them and selects what locals they can harrass that won't tell on them.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: H5487

I have determined that the AMA Discussions forum on RCU is much like the Jerry Springer Show. While some serious topics might be presented, don't expect calm, educated, or even rational responses. Instead, expect nonsense and hostility. If any rational ideas are actually posted, they will be quickly attacked by those who apparently have little or no knowledge or experience with the subject at hand (which, curiously, doesn't get in the way of them presenting their opinion).

And much like the Springer show, everybody seems to be springloaded to come out fighting. Why is that? Is there something about balsa dust that brings out the confrontational nature in guys? Also, there seems to be a few regulars who refuse to listen to what anyone else is saying. I can't count the number of times I've watched someone angrily go after another without realizing that they're both on the same side. (This is really funny to watch!) All they want to do is fight. Just like on Jerry Springer.

While I can often accurately sum up the quality of a Jerry Springer guest by the way that person is groomed and by the way he or she talks, I've found that I can usually sum up an RCU poster by his grammer and spelling. Here's a hint guys: If you want the world to respect you and your opinion, don't write posts that make us think you're a middle school dropout! I've also determined that typing in all caps is usually a good indication that the poster knows little about the subject (i.e. using volume in lieu of intelligence). Again, just like on Springer.

Therefore, I've come to the conclusion that many, if not most, postings in the AMA Discussions forum are best used for entertainment purposes only. For those times when I need to see how AMA is handling a particular matter, I'll read the magazine and/or the AMA website and then draw my own conclusion. I've found this way to be more reliable. And almost always more pleasant.

Harvey

Ditto ! [&o]
Old 05-07-2012, 08:40 AM
KidEpoxy

Not knowing a posters' intent can make it tough if you are the unpopular poster.
so, you say you dont know Bradpauls INTENT with that vid link following a quote of my post?

Could you fathom some non-harassing intent of his post for us,
cause I cant

What do YOU read his intent as... admiration of the poster he quoted??? [&:]
Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Not knowing a posters' intent can make it tough if you are the unpopular poster.
so, you say you dont know Bradpauls INTENT with that vid link following a quote of my post?

Could you fathom some non-harassing intent of his post for us,
cause I cant

What do YOU read his intent as... admiration of the poster he quoted??? [&:]
No that was not it. My comments were not about Bradpauls intent but I was commenting directly to the words below as I perceived them. Sorry that it was confusing. Maybe this is a good example of my points :

"perfect for Selective Enforcement,
and are given countless '2nd chances' on repetition of clear harassing the same member over and over"

Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 AM
bradpaul

wow
what a shocker

in a thread on vitriol,
and we get a post from BP completely ignoring the topic to take a mocking shot at me

Thanx Brad
posts like yours
very easy

Ohh you thought I was refering personally to you???? How enlightning.

I was replying to the subject of this thread "How I see this Forum"...................................
Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

wow
what a shocker

in a thread on vitriol,

Thanx Brad
posts like yours
very easy

Ohh you thought I was refering personally to you???? How enlightning.

I was replying to the subject of this thread ''How I see this Forum''...................................
I don't mean to be a PITA Brad (or maybe I do), but if that were true I would suggest you respond to H5487 the OP and not quote KE (in reply to), but I suspect you already knew that.

Regards
Frank
Old 05-07-2012, 09:25 AM
bradpaul

Thank you Frank..... yes that would have made it clearer................... always helpfull to have the preferred etiquite pointed out.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Thank you Frank..... yes that would have made it clearer................... always helpfull to have the preferred etiquite pointed out.

You are welcome.

Regards
Frank
Old 05-07-2012, 09:30 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Can't we all just get along? [&:]
Old 05-07-2012, 09:36 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: rgburrill

I give up, can we?

Regards
Frank
Old 05-07-2012, 09:51 AM
bradpaul

As somebody could have been offended by language in the link I posted .......... here is a better link.

www.cracked.com/funny-3809-internet-argument-techniques/
Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

someone's looking for a time out,,

Amazing I'm actually eating a sandwich right now,LOL
Old 05-07-2012, 10:07 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: rgburrill

Post #47 should pretty well answer your question.

Regards
Frank

Well it appears that the original post #47 has been removed. Thank you.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:21 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

in keeping with the general frivolity of this thread:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

read through it. you will find yourself listed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.