Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 10:25 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
You certainly are right about that... can you just imagine the never ending Gladys Kravitzes calling 911 while peaking out the widow citing AMA this, AMA that...That alone would wreck our country.
Wow! There you go again with your preposterous and baseless suppositions. I wonder if you are truly obtuse or if you are faking it.

Here is a list of the kind of safety violations that would prompt me to dial 911.

Tell me which ones that you are OK with?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pirker Actions.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	1986613  
Old 04-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

please forgive me for asserting that you or anyone else is trying to tie relavance to AMA...what was I thinking???
Obviously you’re not thinking. It’s all relevant. The AMA is having input, those supporting the commercial end have had input, different levels of government the list goes on. Where are you in all this? Are you just talk no action? How come you never answered any of the questions? Sound like your trying to avoid them. In case they were to hard I’ll simplify them for you.

Are you an AMA member?

Are you a RC club member?

What action have you taken to further your cause?

Three questions take your time they are not that hard.

Dennis
Old 04-13-2014, 01:45 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I have a suggestion. There have been 36 pages of posts on this subject since it started a month ago and it has reduced to a battle with someone who will never, ever accept that we live in a society with rules. My suggestion is that everyone stop responding to him.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:32 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by Propworn
Obviously you’re not thinking. It’s all relevant. The AMA is having input, those supporting the commercial end have had input, different levels of government the list goes on. Where are you in all this? Are you just talk no action? How come you never answered any of the questions? Sound like your trying to avoid them. In case they were to hard I’ll simplify them for you.

Are you an AMA member?

Are you a RC club member?

What action have you taken to further your cause?

Three questions take your time they are not that hard.

Dennis
Not sure how your questions, about whether or not I am an AMA member or a club member for that matter, is at all relevant and not sure what you perceive my "cause" is. FWIW You live in another country...yet you want to question my involvement here... Seems maybe little hypocritical to me ... May I ask what's your agenda?

Now, as for as rules and laws go...go ahead and label me however you wish but I prefer much stronger laws and rules instead never ending 'feel good" rules... I am not a fan of the "false sense of security" that never ending rules provide...and to good effect to pacify most nowadays.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:47 PM
JohnShe

Not sure how your questions, about whether or not I am an AMA member or a club member for that matter, is at all relevant and not sure what you perceive my "cause" is. FWIW You live in another country...yet you want to question my involvement here... Seems maybe little hypocritical to me ... May I ask what's your agenda?

Now, as for as rules and laws go...go ahead and label me however you wish but I prefer much stronger laws and rules instead never ending 'feel good" rules... I am not a fan of the "false sense of security" that never ending rules provide...and to good effect to pacify most nowadays.
Fascinating, I am not sure that I understand your interpretation of a "never ending 'feel good" rule". It seems odd perhaps that you give the impression that you think the FAA won't write a set of "much stronger laws and rules". I also realize, that the AMA rules are a voluntary choice of club members at present. However, they will be the official recreational safety rules before long. So, are you of the opinion that the AMA safety guidelines are "never ending 'feel good" rules"?

Please tell us, we are waiting to know. Also you might tell us what kinds of rules you might like to see.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:06 PM
bradpaul

If you want to understand what rules LCS and his club feel are appropriate just visit the website and click on "Rules Page", I think you will be enlightened...........................

http://tuffclub.net/home.htm
Old 04-13-2014, 03:08 PM
littlecrankshaf

just a little bit for you guys to gauge my philosophy... Let's take the incident in Australia...They had plenty feel good rules...yet the incident still occurred. Now, of course there is the financial costs that such an idiot will have to bare... but beyond that and much more importantly for deterrent reasons there needs to be some genuine personal responsibility punishment administered...and money can't buy that... Since I am not into sending people to jail...just to cost us more and teach them to be better criminals...about fifty lashes on the steps of the court house seems about right.

Just one more to gauge my views...Perpetrators that burgle habitations should be sentenced to death...period. Tired of criminals going through prison gates like revolving doors at our expense only to get out and be better criminals. And the amount of money you have should not be a factor when you hurt another innocent person...At some point we need to get back to putting others higher than just a rendering of an insurance company...Now, fill in the gaps...as there would be much fewer gaps along the lines of my reasoning than all the BS we've become accustom to today.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:38 PM
JW0311

Going to have to go with LCS on this. Make all the rules you want. Make a rule for every injustice you can possible think of. Some one will break them. Murder has been illegal for some time now and we still have people being killed every day. Rules will never ensure your safety. EVER! I have no problem with educating those that will listen on the dangers of operating RC aircraft; however,There will always people that will endanger themselves and others. Rules or not.

James
Old 04-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just a little bit for you guys to gauge my philosophy... Let's take the incident in Australia...They had plenty feel good rules...yet the incident still occurred. Now, of course there is the financial costs that such an idiot will have to bare... but beyond that and much more importantly for deterrent reasons there needs to be some genuine personal responsibility punishment administered...and money can't buy that... Since I am not into sending people to jail...just to cost us more and teach them to be better criminals...about fifty lashes on the steps of the court house seems about right.

Just one more to gauge my views...Perpetrators that burgle habitations should be sentenced to death...period. Tired of criminals going through prison gates like revolving doors at our expense only to get out and be better criminals. And the amount of money you have should not be a factor when you hurt another innocent person...At some point we need to get back to putting others higher than just a rendering of an insurance company...Now, fill in the gaps...as there would be much fewer gaps along the lines of my reasoning than all the BS we've become accustom to today.
On your first paragraph, we are in exact agreement. Oh, the second one too.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:41 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by bradpaul
If you want to understand what rules LCS and his club feel are appropriate just visit the website and click on "Rules Page", I think you will be enlightened...........................

http://tuffclub.net/home.htm
Ahhh! Anarchy, Yeh, that always works. That's one club that I would stay away from, it were real.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:53 PM
JohnShe

It sounds to me like you believe that a "feel good" rule is a rule that you don't agree with. You probably are unaware that, as good as it makes you feel, (How's that for irony?) execution is ineffective because more criminals will pop up and commit the same crime or different variations of the same crime. Although, in a rather pointless way it rids us of the people we have caught at least.

Actually, I thought that the FAA's proposed $10,000 fine was pretty serious.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:05 PM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Ahhh! Anarchy, Yeh, that always works. That's one club that I would stay away from, it were real.
Thank you! As a member of that club (and anarchist, though some among us prefer the label 'libertarian' these days), I do appreciate your resolve as stated.

Do keep your fealty to your archys, and you'll never suffer the onus of having to think for yourself.

cj
Old 04-13-2014, 06:38 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Thank you! As a member of that club (and anarchist, though some among us prefer the label 'libertarian' these days), I do appreciate your resolve as stated.

Do keep your fealty to your archys, and you'll never suffer the onus of having to think for yourself.

cj
You say that it is real, amazing. You are lucky to be alive. I Wish you well, just stay the heck away from my club.

How many near misses have you experienced personally?

A successful social groups need s rule of behavior so that all members will know what to expect. It takes a lot of thought to develop a set of rules, as well as, frequent reevaluation of those rules. We can think for ourselves within a good set of rules. Therefore your presumption that we don't think for ourselves is just another logical fallacy.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:24 PM
cj_rumley

You say that it is real, amazing. You are lucky to be alive. I Wish you well, just stay the heck away from my club..
Sure, no problem.

How many near misses have you experienced personally?.
Now that's getting awfully personal, but okay, several dozen............but I suspect some were actually missus.

A successful social groups need s rule of behavior so that all members will know what to expect. It takes a lot of thought to develop a set of rules, as well as, frequent reevaluation of those rules. We can think for ourselves within a good set of rules. Therefore your presumption that we don't think for ourselves is just another logical fallacy.
That sounds really boring, but rule makers need to have followers I guess, and happily there seems to be an ample supply of people with herd instinct.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:22 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JohnShe and Propworn are just the outer ring of what we can expect if we don't pull out soon...
The term for the outer ring is "event horizon". IMO an appropriate name.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:25 AM
Sport_Pilot

I have a suggestion. There have been 36 pages of posts on this subject since it started a month ago and it has reduced to a battle with someone who will never, ever accept that we live in a society with rules.
I suggest you go back and reread the posts and point to any that say we should have no rule. This is not the case. The issue is who should make the rules. Not if we should have any.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:30 AM
Sport_Pilot

I bet the same happens in the USA. The FAA is rarely first person witness to the deed so they don’t have to catch you in the act but can file charges upon an investigation. Local cop has your name any witnesses to the infraction and what better witness could the FAA want but a sworn officer of the municipality where the infraction occurred.
In the case that this thread is about the local cops did nothing. No charges were brought because the FAA was doing something about it. In other cases the cops will not bother because they don't want the redtape. Issue a warning or something like that. But if they know it is their jurisdiction they will bring charges.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:33 AM
Sport_Pilot

The U.S transportation system is controlled by the Department of Transportation (DOT), and one of the sub agency's is the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration), but there is also NHTSB (National Highway Transportation Safety Board), and FHWA (Federal Highway Administration), but this does not preclude States from licencing drivers or local governments from enforcing speed limits and highway safety laws.
The courts decided that except for the interstate highways that the licensing of vehicles and maintenance of roads were intrastate commerce and it would be illegal for the federal government to regulate it. But since all airways are consdered interstate the Federal government does the licensing of all aircraft.

IMO the States would do a better job than the Feds. The feds can't even keep track of all of the abandoned and salvaged planes.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:34 AM
jtotten

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yesterday's Chicago Tribune oped visited the drone issue with a note mentioning a "cease and desist " order the FAA sent to a Texas company that used a small uas to located a missing toddler. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...7089819.column
Old 04-14-2014, 05:34 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I suggest you go back and reread the posts and point to any that say we should have no rule. This is not the case. The issue is who should make the rules. Not if we should have any.
Certainly don't need rule lists like the one JohnShe recently posted here...I can only imagine the Gomers, Hubers and Goobers arguing whether the model was 49 or 51 ft...99 or 101 feet from whatever building,structure, person or whatever...How idiotic would that be??? I started to ask him what idiot came up with such a goofy list like that...but I was afraid he might tell me.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:39 AM
Sport_Pilot

Wow! There you go again with your preposterous and baseless suppositions. I wonder if you are truly obtuse or if you are faking it.

Here is a list of the kind of safety violations that would prompt me to dial 911.

Tell me which ones that you are OK with?
So you would turn someone in for flying their FPV under a crane? Where is it writting that thy shalt not fly under the crane? Seem to me the crane 4 pound model would hit anywhere on that crane with absolutely no damage.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:51 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
So you would turn someone in for flying their FPV under a crane? Where is it writting that thy shalt not fly under the crane? Seem to me the crane 4 pound model would hit anywhere on that crane with absolutely no damage.
Yea...and he said he would dial 911!!! Wow... I know he has been uninviting people from here to his club and that's usually a very unfriendly thing to do but somehow I really think that he's really doing them a favor... a good thing...
Old 04-14-2014, 05:51 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by JW0311
Going to have to go with LCS on this. Make all the rules you want. Make a rule for every injustice you can possible think of. Some one will break them. Murder has been illegal for some time now and we still have people being killed every day. Rules will never ensure your safety. EVER! I have no problem with educating those that will listen on the dangers of operating RC aircraft; however,There will always people that will endanger themselves and others. Rules or not.

James
“There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.”
Ayn Rand

Old 04-14-2014, 06:00 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by cj_rumley

. cj
There is a huge difference in a libertarian and an anarchist. A libertarian believes that most if not all of the moral laws should be abolished. That would leave laws such as theft, murder, treason, etc in place. Anarchists believe all laws should be abolished. That would leave us with tribes and bands roaming criminals or warloards.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:02 AM
littlecrankshaf

The self righteous hypocrites have a few things in common, one of which is, that only what other people do is wrong...the litmus test is to point out something they do that is equally risky or wrong and get immediate panty bunching from them....the self righteous hypocrite can make endless rationales defending their poor choices or unfair treatment of others all the while make endless cases against others for doing essentially the very same thing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.