Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 02:44 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
like i say people just talk and no action i dont care about drones understand?
OK Troll, I'll give you a chance to shoot at my airplane, drone, or Heli. Go ahead, shoot. Lets see where that get's you. I know where the result is, I just want you to do it!!! Leave the rest up to me...........
This is the last time I will read or notice any comments made by you, I promise.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:15 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ira d
Obviously you can't go around shooting at other people's property to do so could end you up in jail or maybe even shot yourself. But you have been asked several times
before to one define a drone vs another type of model aircraft and two what do you feel should be done about drones?

Ira d: if oneaew didn't care he wouldn't be posting in a forum on DRONES. Period.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Rob2160

The FAA announced it will be developing its own app to display no fly zones in the USA.

That should clear up any ambiguity as current apps are inconsistent between themselves and real airspace dimensions.

Extract from an email received today from the FAA.

As part of its public education efforts, the FAA is developing a GPS-driven smartphone app to tell recreational unmanned aircraft operators where they can and cannot legally operate. The FAA expects to release the app for Apple devices later this year after beta testing is complete.

Last edited by Rob2160; 05-13-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:03 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Originally Posted by HoundDog

Ira d: if oneaew didn't care he wouldn't be posting in a forum on DRONES. Period.
Hound Doggie: oneaew, whoever he is says he doesn't want to hear about drones. Then why is he posting on this thread??? He has made several posts here which he offers nothing, doe's nothing, but complain. He has in head in the sand so far, they can't give him a tube to breathe in. Why in the world would anybody post about anything if they were not the least bit concerned???

Answer that question

He actually should go to the Boat Forum instead of the AMA forum, that way 1. we get rid of him. 2. he can complain about how high is the Water Mama. Complain about that, so he feels happy.

There they may give him a tube??????????????? or maybe not.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:18 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't you think it's strange if he cares so much why he never offers a serious solution or responds when asked how he defines a drone or what he think should be done about them.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:37 PM
N410DC

Originally Posted by Rob2160
As part of its public education efforts, the FAA is developing a GPS-driven smartphone app to tell recreational unmanned aircraft operators where they can and cannot legally operate. The FAA expects to release the app for Apple devices later this year after beta testing is complete.
How will this help pilots with Android devices, or no smartphone at all?
Old 05-13-2015, 07:11 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Rob2160
The FAA announced it will be developing its own app to display no fly zones in the USA.

That should clear up any ambiguity as current apps are inconsistent between themselves and real airspace dimensions.

Extract from an email received today from the FAA.

The AMA better ask if they can have a say in the FAA No FLY app. There a lot of AMA fields that potentially shut down because of their proximity to airports.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:38 PM
JohnShe

The AMA better ask if they can have a say in the FAA No FLY app. There a lot of AMA fields that potentially shut down because of their proximity to airports.

"Potentially shut down"? How many have actually shut down?
Old 05-14-2015, 02:30 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy

He actually should go to the Boat Forum instead of the AMA forum, that way 1. we get rid of him. 2. he can complain about how high is the Water Mama. Complain about that, so he feels happy.

There they may give him a tube??????????????? or maybe not.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T SEND HIM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH HIM EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send him to the car/buggy forums, then he can hide in the sand under a track and no one will care. I just don't want to get my boats messed up by hitting him at racing speeds
Old 05-14-2015, 04:57 AM
Sport_Pilot

Obviously you can't go around shooting at other people's property to do so could end you up in jail or maybe even shot yourself.
In most areas (by land area, not population) you can shoot down the drone.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:41 AM
ira d

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot

In most areas (by land area, not population) you can shoot down the drone.
In most areas particularly in city limits just firing a gun can wind you up in jail. But be that as it may I am sure that you would have to be on your own private property with the aircraft
overflying your property to be even remotely in a position to legally shoot it down. But as I said few people will stand by and let you destroy their property and do nothing.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:42 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by JohnShe
"Potentially shut down"? How many have actually shut down?
Jonny, Jonny, Jonny. Gimmy a break ... Of course none have been shut down ... The FAA hasn't initiated the New FAR's yet. If we leave the FAA to their own devices it will certainly be like the FAA's Interpretation of #336 no dought.
That said, We have 6 fields, that I can think of, in the Milwaukee SE Wisconsin area that are within the 5 mile radius to airports one of witch is on an airport. There are several just north of our area too. It will be interesting what the FAA does come up with. I saw another app some one else maid and the one part of the state they picked it was impossible to not be with in 5 miles of an air port for virtually a quarter of the state. Anyone know of this app?
Old 05-14-2015, 05:45 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It facinates me that the folks who are in favor of shooting down rc aircraft never, ever think of the consequences of firing a round into the air:

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story...0UOnsTB14Eb5KQ

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/queenstown...its-rare-plane

http://www.pe.com/articles/airport-6...ity-mejia.html

And then there's Pearl Harbor:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...5a7_story.html
“Japanese planes did not bomb residential neighborhoods, but misfired U.S. anti-aircraft shells fell on homes and businesses,” the AP reported. “Mr. Inouye said about a half-dozen storekeepers were killed when their shops were hit.”

Official figures list 48 civilians, plus three firefighters and four federal employees, who died from the attack, mostly in Honolulu.
It is understandable that errors were made in the panic following the assault. And the number of civilian deaths was minuscule compared to the military losses. However, it’s important to set the record straight about who was responsible.
Please, attempting to shoot ANYTHING down is not a wise solution
Old 05-14-2015, 05:49 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by ira d
In most areas particularly in city limits just firing a gun can wind you up in jail. But be that as it may I am sure that you would have to be on your own private property with the aircraft
overflying your property to be even remotely in a position to legally shoot it down. But as I said few people will stand by and let you destroy their property and do nothing.
ira d: Arguing with JS & SP is like arguing with your wife. Even if U are right (witch is almost Never) u can't win anyway. Winning an argument with women is an oxymoron.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:06 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by MajorTomski
It facinates me that the folks who are in favor of shooting down rc aircraft never, ever think of the consequences of firing a round into the air:

As u say It's called Friendly Fire. I was watching a documentary in U-Tube yesterday and at the battle of Layette gulf and Those after that where the Japanese used kamikazes, there was a lot of Friendly fire accidents.Mainly because of the proximity of the ships to each other and the kamikazes coming in so low between the ships it was inevitable to happen.
But then anyone that advocates the shooting down of any aircraft ( by FAA's own definition R/C Planes Hellie's & & Quads) because they fly in the NAS are considered Aircraft, and kingmaker such statements be against some Law some place. Just making this type of statement could potentially get a person arrested, fined or maybe imprisoned. JMHO but thing do have the Potential to spiral way out of control.Sorta like some people do.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:40 AM
JohnShe

Jonny, Jonny, Jonny. Gimmy a break ... Of course none have been shut down ... The FAA hasn't initiated the New FAR's yet. If we leave the FAA to their own devices it will certainly be like the FAA's Interpretation of #336 no dought.
That said, We have 6 fields, that I can think of, in the Milwaukee SE Wisconsin area that are within the 5 mile radius to airports one of witch is on an airport. There are several just north of our area too. It will be interesting what the FAA does come up with. I saw another app some one else maid and the one part of the state they picked it was impossible to not be with in 5 miles of an air port for virtually a quarter of the state. Anyone know of this app?
If a club flying field has been operating within 5 miles of an airport with no problems, I doubt that the airport could legitimately object to the field under the new law. The AMA is providing a resource to help flying fields to establish relationships with airports under the new law. I expect that the number of fields at risk of closure is closer to zero that you think.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:13 AM
Sport_Pilot

In most areas particularly in city limits just firing a gun
Most areas of this country are urban areas where it is legal to fire a gun. Even in city limits many areas allow you to fire your gun to protect property if no one is armed, only target practice and celebrations are outlawed. And some areas you get fined or even jailed for shooting a burglar.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:19 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by N410DC
How will this help pilots with Android devices, or no smartphone at all?
The Android app is due out later.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/b4ufly/

Last edited by Rob2160; 05-14-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:21 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by MajorTomski

Every time I shoot a shotgun its in the air. Squirrel hunting involves firing a rifle into the air (when you miss and that's a lot). For small caliber the shot or bullet comes down at terminal velocity not near enough to kill or even put your eye out. Antiaircraft rounds are another matter especially the explosive rounds.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Sport_Pilot

Is an ambroid device a glue gun or something?
Old 05-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Rob2160

DJI have already implemented No Fly zones in some of their flight controllers (e.g. The Inspire) Once the GPS acquires position if it senses you are too close to an airport it will refuse to start the motors.

Not so good if you are a commercial operator with approval to fly near an airport… Also from what I have seen some major airports are missing from he Database.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:34 AM
ira d

Originally Posted by JohnShe
If a club flying field has been operating within 5 miles of an airport with no problems, I doubt that the airport could legitimately object to the field under the new law. The AMA is providing a resource to help flying fields to establish relationships with airports under the new law. I expect that the number of fields at risk of closure is closer to zero that you think.
If I read the FAA's interpretation right of the rule 336 they want airports to have the right to stop any RC activity within 5 miles of them. I don't think the airport should have just
attributively have such a right but instead have to show a good reason to stop any nearby RC activity. However if the FAA gets it's way a lot of airports could see stopping RC
flying that is close to them as a way to limit liability in the event of a incident involving a RC craft.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:06 AM
N410DC

Another idiot just flew a "drone or model airplane" over the fence at the White House, about an hour ago. Secret service has detained the pilot. More to come, I am sure.

Man detained outside White House for trying to fly drone

Last edited by N410DC; 05-14-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:10 AM
ira d

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Most areas of this country are urban areas where it is legal to fire a gun. Even in city limits many areas allow you to fire your gun to protect property if no one is armed, only target practice and celebrations are outlawed. And some areas you get fined or even jailed for shooting a burglar.
I think the bottom line is you and I both know you can't go around shooting at others people's property be RC models or otherwise without the potential of serious consequences. And like I said
in many areas especially in Calif many cities have laws on the books that you can't fire a gun inside their limits which is a catch all if they cannot get you on anything else.

When you think about it from a common sense point of view there is no reason to have such laws but I can see a need to have laws against reckless or unsafe firearm discharge.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:27 AM
ramboamt
My Feedback: (36)

Originally Posted by N410DC
Another idiot just flew a "drone or model airplane" over the fence at the White House, about an hour ago. Secret service has detained the pilot. More to come, I am sure.
You mean this one: http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-re...181915886.html
This one will probably go to jail while the other one was a Gov. (CIA) employee and got his wrist slapped.... SMH...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.