Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
FA rules for drones less than 55 pounds include  omer iCal flights to daytime only. >

FA rules for drones less than 55 pounds include omer iCal flights to daytime only.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FA rules for drones less than 55 pounds include omer iCal flights to daytime only.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 09:02 AM
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FA rules for drones less than 55 pounds include omer iCal flights to daytime only.

I just finished reading today's wall street journal and highlighted new proposed rules on unmanned aircraft.if you intend to fly drones or quads for commerce the proposed rule says you must be a certified pilot.they clarify saying the pilot licensure will require lower hours.They say they are worried about the surge I pilot drone sightings.apparently there were 3 sightings alone in JFK​ reported by pilots.so is you ow​n a phantom vision 2 weighing 2.8 pounds you can't exceed 400 ceiling it must be line of site and f you are using it for commercial business u need a pilot license.

I
I guess model planes are not the only targets.airline pilots overall support the proposed rules as they feel the skies are going to be congested and dangerous for the flying pubic.frankly companies like Amazon flying packages sounds cool but is no more than a pipe dream.besides having some sort of pilot licensure there will increased insurance requirments.