Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

time to stop the dromes..........NOW

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

time to stop the dromes..........NOW

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 05:58 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that people that BAD MOUTH the AMA should be refused Membership .... why belong to an origination U don't believe is ALL for the betterment of our Hobby/Sport.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Maximilionalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say, do away with the AMA! Most of you guys don't need an AMA membership, anyway...You need an RCU, membership, because you apparently spend more time here, than you ever will at any sanctioned, flying field.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha
I say, do away with the AMA! Most of you guys don't need an AMA membership, anyway...You need an RCU, membership, because you apparently spend more time here, than you ever will at any sanctioned, flying field.
LOL, I post here from the iPad while I'm recharging batteries at the field…
Old 12-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Maximilionalpha

Originally Posted by Rob2160
LOL, I post here from the iPad while I'm recharging batteries at the field…
Must not get in a lot of flying time. Plus, you guys, over in Aus. don't have the AMA, but the MAAA.

Last edited by Maximilionalpha; 12-09-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:16 PM
JohnShe

It's winter here, too wet and cold for my old bones to get outside and go flying. I'm just waiting for the epoxy to cure so I can put another piece on the new build.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Rob2160

Must not get in a lot of flying time. Plus, you guys, over in Aus. don't have the AMA, but the MAAA.
Yes true, only managing about 50 flights per week these days. A fraction of what I did when living in Perth.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:09 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I have to say I envy you guys that get to fly every day. When I do fly I make sure it is quality flying. I don't fly anything that can be flown anywhere but an AMA sanctioned field. I'm usually practicing IMAC or pattern. I get bored very quickly just flying around. Thanks to all who answered my question. I was starting to get the impression that too many guys in this thread operate their keyboard better then their TX. It's nice to have been wrong this time.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Maximilionalpha

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I have to say I envy you guys that get to fly every day. When I do fly I make sure it is quality flying. I don't fly anything that can be flown anywhere but an AMA sanctioned field. I'm usually practicing IMAC or pattern. I get bored very quickly just flying around. Thanks to all who answered my question. I was starting to get the impression that too many guys in this thread operate their keyboard better then their TX. It's nice to have been wrong this time.
NO, you weren't wrong, most of these guys, are indeed, armchair pilots. They spend most of their time, piloting their fingers across their keyboards.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:40 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

HoundDog, you going to be around for the Electric Fly In during January?
Old 12-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Rob2160

I have to say I envy you guys that get to fly every day.
Its a routine my wife and I have, she is a fitness junkie and we go to the park together every day, she walks and exercises for 90 minutes while I am flying and when I finish we run together for an hour.

Like Groundhog day but in a good way. Fresh air and quality time with my gal.

We do this every day that it doesn't rain, and if the weather is especially nice I will spend an extra hour or two flying in the morning.

I have tried numerous hobbies over the years and so far RC is the only one that didn't get boring. Hopefully it stays that way.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:15 AM
speedracerntrixie

Some will disagree but I feel it's good to include the wife. I'm fortunate enough that my wife calls for me in IMAC, pattern and pylon. Pretty darned good at it too, in 4 years she has called me to 2 local pylon championships and this season we missed the third one by 4 points. getting out to the field sometime ends up being our time alone for the week, I burn a couple gallons of gas and afterward we stop and get a nice quiet dinner. Occasionally since we are already in the general direction we just go a bit farther south and spend an evening at the coast.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:15 AM
HoundDog

All right may be U should save your self 58 bucks and not rejoin the AMA or maybe people that
BAD MOUTH the AMA should be refused admission to a group they dispize.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:01 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

+1
Old 12-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Maximilionalpha

+5 The AMA, has neither the power, to permit one to fly, nor to ban one, from flying! Sooooo.....Just Fly!
Old 12-10-2014, 02:13 PM
speedracerntrixie

+5 The AMA, has neither the power, to permit one to fly, nor to ban one, from flying! Sooooo.....Just Fly!
Can't really agree with that. The two clubs that I frequent the most are on county parks and recreation land. I know for sure that at one club the use permit states that every member will carry AMA membership ( Liability insurance ). I'm sure there are other clubs around the nation that has the same stipulation.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Maximilionalpha

Go take my AMA, poll...http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-...l#post11935120
Old 12-10-2014, 02:52 PM
speedracerntrixie

I can't really disagree with you as far as some things go concerning the AMA. However without the AMA I bet we would have 1/2 the flying sites that we do now. Property owners both private and county/state do not want the liability of people getting injured on their land. Clubs step in and show that the long established AMA provides that for us and the property owners get the warm and fuzzy. The current situation with the FAA we certainly need them to go to bat for us and they will be tenacious at protecting our privilege to fly. Why? because if the FAA come down with some hard rules many AMA employees will loose their jobs. I'm thinking AMA fill fight hard to keep their status quo.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:00 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Poorly phrased question, much like "so when did you stop beating your wife". Two separate issues being asked about, but wrapped up into one question. Of course you don't need AMA to fly, that's a no brainer. Is AMA a ripoff, that's for each person to decide. Do you need auto insurance? No, in some instances you do not. Is it a ripoff, again, for each person to decide. I'm 100% sure though that those that hate auto and h/o insurance would be the first ones screaming to the heavens if they got hit by someone without insurance. Same with health insurance. Or lawyers...always great to hate and rag on them, but of course you want the best one when you're in trouble.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:56 PM
binns aero

Well I guess schools out. And it's time to meet the bully in the parking lot. I'll walk out with my big brother the AMA. Can't wait to see how big this FAA guy really is.One way or the other I will know if my rumps going to be in a sling or not.,real soon.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:27 AM
phlpsfrnk

You have a membership here at RCU if you are posting just like the rest of us and by the way the AMA charters clubs and "sanctions" competitions. You need to learn something about an organization before you start knocking it or any of the people that support it.

Frank
Old 12-11-2014, 07:01 AM
HoundDog

Speed It ain't all it cracked up to be ... U have to be TOO DAMED OLD or richer than God to do this plus it helps if your are single or have a significant other/wife that doesn't believe in these damn HONEY DO LISTS ... LOL
Old 12-12-2014, 01:26 PM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

Wow ........ You guys have been busy trying to solve an issue that needs no solving. Bottom line is FPV is here to stay so get over it. I know there was the 3D group, those guys refuse to fly in a pattern. Ban these guys!!! Then there were the evil profile guys. Ban these rebels! They are a cancer to our hobby. Ban these guys!!

ok, help me out they are very large groups and they are still around. Now you want to see the FPV folks Ban? The hottest group in AMA growth. The hottest groups for the LHS! O ya I almost forgot your starting to hate on the AMA too. Yes the AMA is for insurance but it also have what I call fluff. I have to say I don't care about the fluff.

so just relax. If you don't like FPV them go fly what you do like. Just remember one thing. Most of the FPVers have GPS with return to home so that makes them much safer than the circle flyers that loose their airplanes due to they are far away and you just don't see them that great.

what would happen if new REGs came out requiring this to be added to your planes? Just a thought. Remember to put away your hate and go with Life is Good!

Crash99
Old 12-12-2014, 01:39 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by crash99
Wow ........ You guys have been busy trying to solve an issue that needs no solving. Bottom line is FPV is here to stay so get over it. I know there was the 3D group, those guys refuse to fly in a pattern. Ban these guys!!! Then there were the evil profile guys. Ban these rebels! They are a cancer to our hobby. Ban these guys!!

ok, help me out they are very large groups and they are still around. Now you want to see the FPV folks Ban? The hottest group in AMA growth. The hottest groups for the LHS! O ya I almost forgot your starting to hate on the AMA too. Yes the AMA is for insurance but it also have what I call fluff. I have to say I don't care about the fluff.

so just relax. If you don't like FPV them go fly what you do like. Just remember one thing. Most of the FPVers have GPS with return to home so that makes them much safer than the circle flyers that loose their airplanes due to they are far away and you just don't see them that great.

what would happen if new REGs came out requiring this to be added to your planes? Just a thought. Remember to put away your hate and go with Life is Good!

Crash99
Hey...you forgot arfs, foamies, and helis too! I thought those were the ruination of the hobby too.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:32 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My ONLY concern is with the FAA......they are the dangerous ones!
Old 12-12-2014, 02:35 PM
porcia83
Banned

Wat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.