Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Missouri - HB 370 to ban all RC Flying 5 Miles fan a airport

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Missouri - HB 370 to ban all RC Flying 5 Miles fan a airport

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 08:50 AM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missouri - HB 370 to ban all RC Flying 5 Miles fan a airport

Guys,

In the State of Missouri there is again a House Member that is pushing anti - RC bill that will ban all RC flying within 5 miles of a Airport. If caught the operator will also be fine $100.00.

This affects all RC and I have contacted the AMA VP. The question will the AMA spend the funds to protect our hobby in Missouri? This will directly affect several clubs.

Crash99
Old 01-20-2015, 10:00 AM
phlpsfrnk

Originally Posted by crash99
Guys,

In the State of Missouri there is again a House Member that is pushing anti - RC bill that will ban all RC flying within 5 miles of a Airport. If caught the operator will also be fine $100.00.

This affects all RC and I have contacted the AMA VP. The question will the AMA spend the funds to protect our hobby in Missouri? This will directly affect several clubs.

Crash99
[ATTACH]2065661[/IMG]

Worth keeping an eye on but the Bill is currently not on a House calendar. I would suggest contacting Mr Wilson and informing him of the impact on law abiding modeling Missourians' such as yourself and CC the AMA Rich Hanson.

Frank
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HB0370I.PDF (60.5 KB, 37 views)
Old 01-20-2015, 12:47 PM
crash99

I plan to again. This is the 3rd year this Rep has tried to get a to drone bills approved but this year he is going after everyone that flys RC. I hope to visit with my rep and others this week.

i don't know why he is wanting to go down this road. Last year I could not get him to return my call but his aid did. I don't think he is concerned that it will impact people in his area.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:39 PM
crash99

Guys,

I had a wonderful visit with representative Wilson here in the state of Missouri. We talked about many issues on remote control, drones, aircraft and so on. After I explain about how Many of us are members of the AMA and we have safety rules on how to operate our aircraft safely, he understands that no legislation is needed due to we police ourselves.

I found represented Wilson being a very nice guy and understanding to our hobby. He is pulling House Bill 370 so we will not have to worry about that anymore. so if you get a spare minute and you would like to, send represent you can email and let him know you the bill.

crash99