Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Drone collides with full scale plane video

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Drone collides with full scale plane video

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 04:25 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Ok...just keep you're thumb hovering over the 911 speed dial then...Make sure its a 'land line" too... LOL
You got that right brother.....at the ready! Three ringy dingies and we're in business.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	myphone.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	2111975  
Old 07-30-2015, 05:04 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
You got that right brother.....at the ready! Three ringy dingies and we're in business.
I hope your dependance on the system is never tested in life and death situation...might try trowing the phone tho...I'll just keep my finger hovering over Smith and Wesson...Hopefully I will call later to have a good servant to come a haul the problem away.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:30 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
I hope your dependance on the system is never tested in life and death situation...might try trowing the phone tho...I'll just keep my finger hovering over Smith and Wesson...Hopefully I will call later to have a good servant to come a haul the problem away.
Well as luck would have it, I did have to rely on that system once and within 2 minutes of a 911 call, the perp was hogtied and in cuffs. I can't say those two minutes in between the call and their arrival didn't feel like 20, but I don't know that a gun would have lead to a better outcome. Different yes, but not better, as the perp probably would have been shot by me, or heck, he might have wrestled if from me and shot me, as can happen. We both ended up with broken noses, but he went bye bye and has a felony conviction following him for life. Don't want to turn this into a gun debate, talk about a divisive issue that gets stuff off the beaten path. I've owned two in the past, a .22 for fun, and a Beretta 9mm right from the factory in Italy, bought and eventually sold for a nice tidy profit. My main weapon of choice now is the dreaded foamy plane.

Don't underestimate the damage that can be inflicted with that phone, that's old fashioned American plastic/steel right there, and it will hurt. I'll let the folks trained in LE deal with LE issues, they are trained for it, work it every day (but oddly enough rarely if ever pull their service weapon).

Most if not all of the stories I've seen or read so far that deal with people taking matters into their own hands don't end well for them. I'm thinking it's not worth the hassle.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:41 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by porcia83
Well as luck would have it, I did have to rely on that system once and within 2 minutes of a 911 call, the perp was hogtied and in cuffs. I can't say those two minutes in between the call and their arrival didn't feel like 20, but I don't know that a gun would have lead to a better outcome. Different yes, but not better, as the perp probably would have been shot by me, or heck, he might have wrestled if from me and shot me, as can happen. We both ended up with broken noses, but he went bye bye and has a felony conviction following him for life. Don't want to turn this into a gun debate, talk about a divisive issue that gets stuff off the beaten path. I've owned two in the past, a .22 for fun, and a Beretta 9mm right from the factory in Italy, bought and eventually sold for a nice tidy profit. My main weapon of choice now is the dreaded foamy plane.

Don't underestimate the damage that can be inflicted with that phone, that's old fashioned American plastic/steel right there, and it will hurt. I'll let the folks trained in LE deal with LE issues, they are trained for it, work it every day (but oddly enough rarely if ever pull their service weapon).

Most if not all of the stories I've seen or read so far that deal with people taking matters into their own hands don't end well for them. I'm thinking it's not worth the hassle.
Ok...I guess people really do find whatever they are looking for...This thread is just another example...Different strokes for different folks... I'm glad everything worked out OK in your time of need.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:44 PM
porcia83
Banned

YMMV....tru dat!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:45 PM
HunkaJunk

Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
A jammer on the 2.4Ghz range typical of the hobby will knock them down. No need to fire weapons illegally inside city or county limits which can cause you a lot of problems.

I advocate full scale AC have a device just like this with at least a half mile radius range to knock out drones in emergency response areas.
if not on the AC then on a ground station with a tall retractable antenna.
I't is illegal to interfere with radio transmissions per FCC regulations. Devices designed to intentionally interfere or block radio transmissions are illegal to purchase, possess, or use.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by HunkaJunk
I't is illegal to interfere with radio transmissions per FCC regulations. Devices designed to intentionally interfere or block radio transmissions are illegal to purchase, possess, or use.
Only for a private citizen. Don't ask me how I know different, just take my word for it
Old 08-07-2015, 07:04 AM
HunkaJunk

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Only for a private citizen. Don't ask me how I know different, just take my word for it
Yes, The government at all levels does have a strong tendency to exempt itself from laws/regulations it forces on it's citizens through coercion.