Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 07:43 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Exactly but it may be all over but the shouting if this is fact.

Drone List from Wired that must have a pilot registration on or in, to be legal to fly.

http://www.wired.com/2015/12/drone-register-list-faa/
I don't see how that makes anything fact. And you have been posting that nonissue on many threads, when it was posted about an hour before your first post. Lists from others don't mean anything.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:53 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
This list just brought out the complete and utter dumbness of everyone at the FAA. These must be some of the biggest morons on the face of the planet. They have completely lost all touch with reality or there combined IQ is that of a 6 month old. Scratch that, a 6 month old is probably more in touch with reality.

Why did I go on yet another rant you ask. I will tell you. I saw the blade NANO in different configs on this list. I have a blade nano FPV and the thing fits in the palm of my hand and is more suited for flying indoors than out. I could smash that thing directly into your face and you would not have so much as a scratch. Endanger a full scale aircraft with a Blade Nano?!?!?!?!? My 7 year old son would look at the FAA with that "here's your sign" look, because even he apparently has more common sense than theses idiots at the FAA that are completely removed from any kind of reality. Register because of a Blade Nano? lmfao!!!!! FAA, get the F out of here with that crap.

EDIT: yes I know the list is not from the FAA, but the Blade Nano is listed at .5 lb so........

Last edited by mike1974; 12-18-2015 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by franklin_m
But neither have they won, and yet the FAA actions continue.
The glass is always half empty.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:32 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Not saying it's possible. But it is possible to recognize the signs of whatever strategy you are following is not working. What exactly do you view as the successes?
This is just my opinion...but I see their biggest success was keeping you as a member. That may no longer be the case though. You noted in several threads they have offered your membership dues back to you, and I've asked several times if you are taking them up on that offer. Did I miss where you responded?
Old 12-18-2015, 09:33 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
The glass is always half empty.
and filled with the bitter tears of what if.....
Old 12-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by mike1974
This list just brought out the complete and utter dumbness of everyone at the FAA. These must be some of the biggest morons on the face of the planet. They have completely lost all touch with reality or there combined IQ is that of a 6 month old. Scratch that, a 6 month old is probably more in touch with reality.

Why did I go on yet another rant you ask. I will tell you. I saw the blade NANO in different configs on this list. I have a blade nano FPV and the thing fits in the palm of my hand and is more suited for flying indoors than out. I could smash that thing directly into your face and you would not have so much as a scratch. Endanger a full scale aircraft with a Blade Nano?!?!?!?!? My 7 year old son would look at the FAA with that "here's your sign" look, because even he apparently has more common sense than theses idiots at the FAA that are completely removed from any kind of reality. Register because of a Blade Nano? lmfao!!!!! FAA, get the F out of here with that crap.

EDIT: yes I know the list is not from the FAA, but the Blade Nano is listed at .5 lb so........
They are not morons. They know that they make money with registration. Yes, free for now, but that's only 30 days. After that they will make millions. Also they now have their foot in the door for complete control. They are not really that interested in preventing stories like this. heck they see it as job security.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:19 AM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

A few pages ago guy stated that he hit a quad a few hours after dark. There were RC parts jammed into his wing. I am not saying he is making this up. Can the guy please summit the photos. I know you would have to have photos to turn this into your insurance.

What brand of ESC was it? Are you sure this was a quad? Could it have been a fly away fix wing airplane that had carbon in its build like the US army battle field aircraft?

Crash99
Old 12-18-2015, 10:31 AM
mike1974

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
They are not morons. They know that they make money with registration. Yes, free for now, but that's only 30 days. After that they will make millions. Also they now have their foot in the door for complete control. They are not really that interested in preventing stories like this. heck they see it as job security.
I'm sure you are correct, but It makes it a lot easier to stomach if I just think they are all stupid and removed from the real world. lol
Old 12-18-2015, 11:03 AM
jimbrock2

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I guess I will comply. But I remember a time when we could freely do things without government approval and oversight. Maybe it is time to go back to u-control. Wish I hadn't thrown away my old U-Reely handle.

JimB
Old 12-18-2015, 11:45 AM
TimJ

Line control. Have fun with that. You still have to register.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:48 AM
Sport_Pilot

Per the AMA the FAA says no, but the proposed FAR seems to say yes. Perhaps they will rewrite that.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:49 AM
TimJ

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Per the AMA the FAA says no, but the proposed FAR seems to say yes. Perhaps they will rewrite that.
Q14. What about tethered drones?
A. Both tethered and untethered UAS must be registered.

http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/faqs/#cov
Old 12-18-2015, 12:20 PM
Rob2160

Did you actually read the list Mike?

It says the Blade Nano is 0.05 lbs. Not 0.5 as you posted.

It also says you do NOT need to register if you fly a Nano. That is because the FAA agrees it is so light it can't endanger a full size aircraft.

Last edited by Rob2160; 12-18-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:24 PM
porcia83
Banned

Nah...why read the list...hard to do that when calling ever last person at the FAA dumb, and noting the IQ of that of a 6 year old. Lack of common sense indeed!
Old 12-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by porcia83
Nah...why read the list...hard to do that when calling ever last person at the FAA dumb, and noting the IQ of that of a 6 year old. Lack of common sense indeed!
It makes for a more entertaining thread anyway... never let the facts get in the way of a good vent!

I have the Blade Nano and Mike is right that it represents no danger to a full size aircraft. When I saw in the list that it does not need registration I thought, "yep, that's a fair call"

My wife actually bought it for me on my Birthday and affectionately (appropriately) calls it "a mosquito"

Last edited by Rob2160; 12-18-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:36 PM
mike1974

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Did you actually read the list Mike?

It says the Blade Nano is 0.05 lbs. Not 0.5 as you posted.

It also says you do NOT need to register if you fly a Nano. That is because the FAA agrees it is so light it can't endanger a full size aircraft.
Oh snap! Ha ha! My bad! Reading comprehension is a little off apparently. lol. It is fun to vent though and still does not change my opinion of the FAA in regards to this whole registration thing.

Porcia, look out!!!! 8lb octocopter right above your head!!!!
Old 12-18-2015, 12:39 PM
mike1974

It makes for a more entertaining thread anyway... never let the facts get in the way of a good vent!
Ha ha! That's exactly right!
Old 12-18-2015, 12:44 PM
mike1974

Actually, I said 6 month old. Apparently we both have reading comprehension problems today. And I read the list, albeit incorrectly, otherwise I would have not known Blade Nano was listed.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Rob2160

Actually, I said 6 month old. Apparently we both have reading comprehension problems today. And I read the list, albeit incorrectly, otherwise I would have not known Blade Nano was listed.
Make that three.. on first read I thought Porcia was referring to the 7 year old...
Old 12-18-2015, 12:53 PM
mike1974

Make that three.. on first read I thought Porcia was referring to the 7 year old...
Ha ha! And of course I really don't think the poeple running the FAA are stupid. It's just that I get tired of the gov't getting into everything we do and I rant and vent. Sometimes on the extreme side as seen on some of my posts.

I have people skills dammit!!
Old 12-18-2015, 01:15 PM
joancmigneault

I wish all the morons out there would not call a multi rotor aircraft a "DRONE". They are not drones. Military RC aircraft are drones. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by joancmigneault
I wish all the morons out there would not call a multi rotor aircraft a "DRONE". They are not drones. Military RC aircraft are drones. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used to feel the same way and it wound irk me when people called my multi-copters Drones.

Then somebody showed me a dictionary definition.

a remote-controlled pilotless aircraft or missile.

I guess that technically makes all RC pilots 'Droners'
Old 12-18-2015, 01:39 PM
mike1974

Anybody get a mailing from the AMA that they have partnered with Nationwide Insurance? Received it today. Not sure if it really means anything; just thought the timing was interesting.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:39 PM
porcia83
Banned

Oh snap! Ha ha! My bad! Reading comprehension is a little off apparently. lol. It is fun to vent though and still does not change my opinion of the FAA in regards to this whole registration thing.

Porcia, look out!!!! 8lb octocopter right above your head!!!!
Nope...not above my head, I'm in Canisteo NY all day today...was told those don't fly here. Perhaps a Canadian Goose on steroids.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:45 PM
porcia83
Banned

Ha ha! And of course I really don't think the poeple running the FAA are stupid. It's just that I get tired of the gov't getting into everything we do and I rant and vent. Sometimes on the extreme side as seen on some of my posts.

I have people skills dammit!!
I"m a manager...and I drive a dodge Stratus! (obscure SNL skit) Finally some fun in the thread
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	2136431  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.