Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 08:51 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Now this is something that I would like to have. https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...b5c9840a89a726
Old 12-25-2015, 09:25 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Just stepped outside. Beautiful day here. Not a drone in site, I'm disappointed I was promised "millions" flying by Christmas Day.

Mike
Stealth drones.....currently hovering above 400 feet.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:28 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by maximusminimus
I think what it's going to boil down too, is if you want to be in this hobby, then in order to be compliant with section 336, you have to be a member of the AMA or else register with the FAA. The days of flying with out being a member of something seem to be over.
I don't think making you register with the FAA qualifies as being a member (well perhaps part of the sheeple according to one or two people around here) of anything, it just means you're compliant. I bet there will still be more folks not part of the AMA as this year as there was last year, one doesn't have to be part of the AMA to enjoy the hobby.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:37 AM
lonestoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
I don't think making you register with the FAA qualifies as being a member (well perhaps part of the sheeple according to one or two people around here) of anything, it just means you're compliant. I bet there will still be more folks not part of the AMA as this year as there was last year, one doesn't have to be part of the AMA to enjoy the hobby.
If you fly at an AMA sanctioned club you have to Be an AMA member.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:14 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by lonestoner
Right, your point? Mine was that as there is now, there will continue to be people who are not "part of anything" and will continue to fly their aircraft just as they did before. The act of registration with the FAA won't make them part of anything, it will make them compliant. I believe there are just as many if not more people flying RC that don't belong to the AMA, and still enjoy the hobby as much as the next guy. Bravo for them if they don't need to join, or just don't want to.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:11 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Just stepped outside. Beautiful day here. Not a drone in site, I'm disappointed I was promised "millions" flying by Christmas Day.

Mike
Yes! Just got back from the field . Had a wonderful day of flying with others, all flying under Sec. 336 and will continue to do so in the future until we find out where this faa money-grab is headed !
Old 12-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Yes! Just got back from the field . Had a wonderful day of flying with others, all flying under Sec. 336 and will continue to do so in the future until we find out where this faa money-grab is headed !
You law abider, you
Old 12-25-2015, 12:21 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Hope you never have a flyaway that gets reported to the FAA.
Gimme a break even if it did fly away I don't fly anyplace except when float flying any place that would be any where concerning the FAA. Your AMA Number or name address phone number and email are all ready in ALL your R/C TOY's Right ? So Why would a number that has a combination 10 Numbers and letters on a piece of Plane paper cause anyone to even have any idea what it means. Much better chance of calling U than the 5 O'Clock News especially if it indicates the finder might receive a reward for calling U.

There's just no way to change someones mind that is unable to know when they ave been an easy out and never flies anywhere That would cause them to come to the attention of any authority even the dreaded R/C TOY airplane Police or the FAA.

Old 12-25-2015, 12:32 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by lonestoner

Right, your point? Mine was that as there is now, there will continue to be people who are not "part of anything" and will continue to fly their aircraft just as they did before. The act of registration with the FAA won't make them part of anything, it will make them compliant. I believe there are just as many if not more people flying RC that don't belong to the AMA, and still enjoy the hobby as much as the next guy. Bravo for them if they don't need to join, or just don't want to
No Kidding. Shsh up Don't want to Disalougin the FAA and let them know their Registration of every one that fly's R/CToys in the NAS Just Ain't Gona Work, Let'em find out them selves. Now Keep'em Happy And go:
Register: It's FREE FAST & EASY and who don't like it free and Fast and Easy.

people who are not "part of anything"
Not for LONG. Soon to be part of the R/C TOY Flyers of america headed by the FAA. Or go to Jail or get a "Get out of Jail FREE Card from the FAA Registration Web Site. OH THAT's almost FREE but still FAST & EASY too.

Last edited by HoundDog; 12-25-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:33 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Hope you never have a flyaway that gets reported to the FAA.
Gimme a break even if it did fly away I don't fly anyplace except when float flying any place that would be any where concerning the FAA. Your AMA Number or name address phone number and email are all ready in ALL your R/C TOY's Right ? So Why would a number that has a combination 10 Numbers and letters on a piece of Plane paper cause anyone to even have any idea what it means. Much better chance of calling U than the 5 O'Clock News especially if it indicates the finder might receive a reward for calling U.

There's just no way to change someones mind that is unable to know when they ave been an easy out and never flies anywhere That would cause them to come to the attention of any authority even the dreaded R/C TOY airplane Police or the FAA.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:45 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Have you ever provided one ounce of proof to validate some of the stuff you say? Give the fact that the registration is free (yes, it's free as in at the end of the day you don't pay a penny) please put up or you know, admit you don't have a clue what your talking about. The website was created and run by a company and will be run and administered by the company and FAA personel. So for the first three years it's free. So new system, two sets of people running and administering it, and no money being paid into it. In what bizzaro world does this equate to a money grab, or a profit incentive. Can you take a WAG as to how many years it will cost once fees are actually corrected to break even on start up costs? Maybe the sheeple can help you out. So far, Constitutional law, zero. Business acumen, zero.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:14 AM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Concur. And the longer the AMA continues to act like petulant children by telling members to hold off registering, by continuing their lawsuit, etc., then I think it's more likely the FAA will formally deny the AMA's request for recognition as a CBO. If that happens, most of 336 is rendered moot.
The AMA is recognized by the FAA as a CBO.

See page 12 of this FAA document. Footnoted at the bottom of the page.

http://www.faa.gov/uas/media/model_a..._spec_rule.pdf
Old 12-26-2015, 05:00 AM
Rvander
My Feedback: (81)

Porcia83... Since my uncle is retired govt official, please note.. Nothing is 'free'. It's not the $5 or any other registration fee or refund. Whether it be run by govt or 3rd party.. Processing and maintaining this database costs $. Usually it is subsidized by our taxes and allocation. Also 80% of security breaches result from multiparty coordination of such efforts.. I am sure names addresses and spam will release thru this process. Already fake sites have connected and scammed registration fees.. To make secure takes money.. People need to understand it isn't the $5 or the free refund.. It's the administrative costs that you WILL pay for .. Nothing is run for free..
Old 12-26-2015, 05:24 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Rvander
Porcia83... Since my uncle is retired govt official, please note.. Nothing is 'free'. It's not the $5 or any other registration fee or refund. Whether it be run by govt or 3rd party.. Processing and maintaining this database costs $. Usually it is subsidized by our taxes and allocation. Also 80% of security breaches result from multiparty coordination of such efforts.. I am sure names addresses and spam will release thru this process. Already fake sites have connected and scammed registration fees.. To make secure takes money.. People need to understand it isn't the $5 or the free refund.. It's the administrative costs that you WILL pay for .. Nothing is run for free..
In case we're splitting hairs here, I'll clarify. It's free. As is it's not costing me a penny to register. I pay 5, then get refunded 5, done. That's free where I come from, and I don't need a retiring or currently employed govt official to tell me that. As I noted above, it does of course cost money to run this operation, several million dollars actually. The fees, once fully instituted, will help cover that. So although we have a few misinformed people running around spewing out misinformation and doom and gloom (see post 3306 as a prime example), they have no clue in general what they are talking about. Generalities and empty slogans are what they are good at, not facts or common sense. Calling this an FAA money grab is so laughably wrong, in every sense. Again, a new system and infrastructure is put into place, there is no cost to us for the first 3 years, and the FAA has fronted all the costs for the program out of their budget, but this is a money grab? Oh yes of course..I know, the guy will come back with "ya, but this is just the start wait and see, first it's 5 but before long it will be more". Right, just ask the scale pilots how their $5.00 fees have increased over the years. What is that you say, they haven't? Oh, well...lets just say "they might".
Old 12-26-2015, 06:40 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Rvander
Absolutely correct ... Even if it only cost u time ,,, Time is money. The real problem is two fold
1. Just as the discussions about the Increase in AMA Dues ,,, If u can't afford $17/year Max. or the 5$ to Register your self as a R/C TOY flyer U R in the wrong hobby/sport.

2. Because our R/C TOY/s meet the definition of Aircraft the FAA could require markings on all R/C Toys pursuant to PART 45—IDENTIFICATION ANDREGISTRATION MARKING The FAA has given us a real break in that they could require a much higher fee to register all our Models as aircraft to include an issued "N" number that must be affixed to both sides of the aircraft with a minimum of 3" markings For some and 12" for others.

PART 45—IDENTIFICATION ANDREGISTRATION MARKING
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title14-vol1/pdf/CFR-2011-title14-vol1-part45.pdf

Now appease he FAA if for nothing else but Our Own Benefit and to preempt harsher Legislation. Now go Register: It's FREE, FAST & EASY

Other interesting reading on Air Craft markings
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Gu...7?OpenDocument

Last edited by HoundDog; 12-26-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:03 AM
indycustombikes
My Feedback: (11)

I just think the guy that posted his registration is awesome, Just copy, paste, change the name and number to your liking, and bam........ free and easy!

Now what LEO is going to cross reference that number to a database somewhere? YEP NONE!

Purely hypothetical of course!!

On the other hand all those fellas who ran right out to support the government push for registration.... good luck to you, as you are now part of a list (now I wonder what that list will be used for next?)
Old 12-26-2015, 07:08 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by indycustombikes
I just think the guy that posted his registration is awesome, Just copy, paste, change the name and number to your liking, and bam........ free and easy!

Now what LEO is going to cross reference that number to a database somewhere? YEP NONE!

Purely hypothetical of course!!

On the other hand all those fellas who ran right out to support the government push for registration.... good luck to you, as you are now part of a list (now I wonder what that list will be used for next?)
We're all on lists already so what's the big deal. So the govt has my name and address and DOB, they sorta had that from the day I was born. It's much ado about nuthin...just another reason to complain about govt, all the while seeking and enjoying all the benefits of same.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:56 PM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by SunDevilPilot
The AMA is recognized by the FAA as a CBO.

See page 12 of this FAA document. Footnoted at the bottom of the page.

http://www.faa.gov/uas/media/model_a..._spec_rule.pdf
Somebody should tell AMA. Their plan for lobbying Congress for the next round of funding for FAA calls for a mandate to FAA that they recognize the CBOs.......that's AMA and all those others.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:07 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Somebody should tell AMA. Their plan for lobbying Congress for the next round of funding for FAA calls for a mandate to FAA that they recognize the CBOs.......that's AMA and all those others.
What are you waiting for?

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutam...n/hqstaff.aspx
Old 12-26-2015, 03:42 PM
r_adical
My Feedback: (19)

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon

Looks like that list is changing unless this is a joke

http://www.modelaircraft.org/news/dbstepdown.aspx
Old 12-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by indycustombikes

You do realise there is a 24 hour FAA number that LEOs can call to verify registration details.

http://www.faa.gov/uas/law_enforceme...dance_card.pdf

To verify registration, contact a LEAP agent during normal business hours or the Regional Ops Center after hours.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:58 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by r_adical
Looks like that list is changing unless this is a joke

http://www.modelaircraft.org/news/dbstepdown.aspx
Woop..there it is. Interesting. Now lets see all the folks scrambling for the plush positions! Those calling for change at least have some of it now, lets see how that goes!
Old 12-26-2015, 04:01 PM
r_adical
My Feedback: (19)

And to top it off they have shut down All RC operations inside the DC SFRA

14 Clubs are affected although they are working on a plan to reopen it by mid January

Woop..there it is. Interesting. Now lets see all the folks scrambling for the plush positions! Those calling for change at least have some of it now, lets see how that goes!
Old 12-26-2015, 04:02 PM
indycustombikes
My Feedback: (11)

you can sure tell who the cheerleaders for bigger government are.....lol
Old 12-26-2015, 04:07 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by r_adical
And to top it off they have shut down All RC operations inside the DC SFRA

14 Clubs are affected although they are working on a plan to reopen it by mid January
Is this something the AMA is getting blamed for, or do you mean the FAA closed this down? Not much incentive for the FAA to go back to a bargaining table when they have just been sued. Kinda puts a damper on the whole give and take thing right?

As for the link, it clearly goes to the AMA website but no real mention of it. I know companies sometimes release info like this after the news cycle, so perhaps it's totally legit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.