Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 03:37 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Unfortunately that's the bottom line. They could just say no and it's done.

They could say yes too.

They aren't required to explain a thing.

Where does it say that in their operating procedures?

If we have learned one thing from all this horse crap is the FAA don't care about a bunch of guys with toy airplanes and the AMA try as they may is not a force in any of this.

If that were the case the entire R/C hobby would have been banned long ago. There's strength in numbers. You can't be much of a force with a small number of members.

Mike
Old 06-08-2016, 05:08 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately that's the bottom line. They could just say no and it's done. They aren't required to explain a thing. If we have learned one thing from all this horse crap is the FAA don't care about a bunch of guys with toy airplanes and the AMA try as they may is not a force in any of this.

Mike
It's far from the bottom line....absolutely nothing to indicate a no would be the end of it. As for the usual comment about the ama...again, evidence to the contrary is there for any reasonable person to see.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:21 PM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

"If we have learned one thing from all this horse crap is the FAA don't care about a bunch of guys with toy airplanes..."

...or the law enacted by Congress banning FAA rules for model aircraft.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:26 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by bokuda
"If we have learned one thing from all this horse crap is the FAA don't care about a bunch of guys with toy airplanes..."

...or the
law enacted by Congress banning FAA rules for model aircraft.
That is right now the Law of the Land Passed by bothe the senate and the House and signed into law by O'B. At least til congress (HOUSE) gets it's Sheit together. 400' according to the AMA is bogus now until any new legislation but I suggest U look at my signature below.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:33 PM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Why would denial require an explanation? Tower/FBO says "no," and that's it. They're in the driver's seat.

The Idea is that the house doesn't get to it this term and we get them to DROP any requirement for permission from a tower to fly at a Designated Flying site. Look these fields have been in their location in many cases for more than 30 years and the towers never even knew they were even there. WHY because we are not a threat to Full Scale never was never will be, So no need for any approval since they never knew we existed in the first place. U all give up way to easy ... better sell all your JUNK know while it's worth something ... Besides there are thousands of R/C Fields this doesn't even concern. Do U personally fly at a field within 5 miles of a towered field????? How man of actually fly at a field with in 5 miles of a towered airport.
Of the two clubs in my area, one is located within about a mile of an airport, and depending on wind direction, often directly below the landing pattern. Planes sometimes fly as low as about 700-800 feet over the field, but usually at about 1000. We just fly low when they pass over. The other is ON an airport. Neither have towers. Both clubs have been in existence for 30+ years and there has NEVER been even one incident involving a model and a full scale aircraft. "See and avoid" has worked just fine. The FBO's at both fields have no problem with our flying.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Sport_Pilot

Unfortunately that's the bottom line. They could just say no and it's done. They aren't required to explain a thing. If we have learned one thing from all this horse crap is the FAA don't care about a bunch of guys with toy airplanes and the AMA try as they may is not a force in any of this.

Mike
The NTSB judge might need an explaination.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:38 AM
porcia83
Banned

Of the two clubs in my area, one is located within about a mile of an airport, and depending on wind direction, often directly below the landing pattern. Planes sometimes fly as low as about 700-800 feet over the field, but usually at about 1000. We just fly low when they pass over. The other is ON an airport. Neither have towers. Both clubs have been in existence for 30+ years and there has NEVER been even one incident involving a model and a full scale aircraft. "See and avoid" has worked just fine. The FBO's at both fields have no problem with our flying.
I'm presuming one of those clubs is Franklin County RC Club. I've met the folks there and flown at the field. It should come as no surprise to anyone that the folks at this club and the folks at the airport actively communicate together, and not only peacefully coexist, but benefit each other.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:01 AM
rcmiket

...or the law enacted by Congress banning FAA rules for model aircraft.

Very true.

Mike
Old 06-09-2016, 04:04 AM
rcmiket

Having to "ask permission" ( as worded in the Senate version) from the tower just would open up another can of worms and miscommunication in this mess and that's the last thing we need. We seem to have enough of that already.
Lets hope that it doesn't come to that.
Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 06-09-2016 at 04:09 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:30 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
The NTSB judge might need an explaination.
Pirker had a judge hear his case.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:33 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Pirker had a judge hear his case.
And the FAA had an explaination.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:34 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Having to "ask permission" ( as worded in the Senate version) from the tower just would open up another can of worms and miscommunication in this mess and that's the last thing we need. We seem to have enough of that already.
Lets hope that it doesn't come to that.
Mike
We all hope it doesn't come to that. Unfortunately, often times we're our own worst enemy when it comes to miscommunications.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:35 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

And the FAA had an explaination.
Of course. Despite what some may think, the FAA just can't do whatever they want.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:38 AM
Sport_Pilot

Of course. Despite what some may think, the FAA just can't do whatever they want.
Pirker was actually winning the case, when he settled with the FAA for peanuts.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:37 AM
porcia83
Banned

Pirker was actually winning the case, when he settled with the FAA for peanuts.
The Pirker case was an absolute "win" for him, and him alone. Scratch that, his attorney benefited from it as well of course. The effects there are similar to what Trump benefits mightily from now, free publicity! He got to control the narrative that it was the little guy up against the big bad govt. I guess the other benefit from the whole situation was that it got a robust discussion going about the whole MR issue and govt involvement as well.

Priker would have paid the initial fine in a heartbeat had he not been given a free defense. The cost of that defense were at a minimum high 5 figures, and probably well into the 100 k range. As we've now seen in other cases, the FAA accepted a reduced fine. Meanwhile, Pirker's business probably took off ten fold, and he went from having a cult like following to a national one. He made good stuff, and I think many would agree his videos were done with pretty good production quality (choice of music...meh).
Old 06-09-2016, 10:03 AM
HoundDog

then just Just fly Like U always did, Keep out of the way, and all will be OK.

U have done all that is required (Right Now) under the only law legal passed and signed by the President. That is to notify the (In your case the airport manager). What I am advocating and U can Include your airport managers to wright (on Paper) all your 2 senators and Your House of Reps all for your state, And explain that Traditional R/C is not the problem, i.e. no incidents in 30 plus years. In form that it is not U causing any problem. It's the Rogue MR/Quad flyers that do not under stand tha rules. U might contact your local Officials and explain to them U have been doing this for 30+ years without Incident. Do this to preempt them from creating stupid laws governing all R/C activity.

It's probably our last chance to convince the congress and local officials that we are not the problem an thuse should be left to fly and enjoy R/C the way we always have. If we fail it's no ones fault but our own.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:11 AM
HoundDog

CPB I'm not starting a fight here but U don't really believe that FAA just can't do whatever they want. do U? the FAA has, up until now, done pretty much what ever the HE[[ they wish to do and to HE[[ with every one including Congress and the LAW of the LAND. If they had done as congress said we would not be having this conversation. Now would we?
Old 06-09-2016, 10:22 AM
porcia83
Banned

I think there is a difference between doing whatever they want, and doing what they think they are allowed to do, and what they feel is needed. If they just went off half cocked and did "whatever they wanted" the place would never run right, and Sec Fox and the rest of the head honchos would be gone. Ultimately the courts or congress and the president will decide what their reach is. Until then, we should all fly.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:36 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by porcia83
I think there is a difference between doing whatever they want, and doing what they think they are allowed to do, and what they feel is needed. If they just went off half cocked and did "whatever they wanted" the place would never run right,
Just why do U think it runs right when they can't make t a simple thing like integrate "DRONS" into the system since 2007 that I know of.
and Sec Fox and the rest of the head honchos would be gone. Ultimately the courts or congress and the president will decide what their reach is. Until then, we should all fly.
Porcie: if that were true then they would have not Interpenetrated #336 exactly the Opposite that congress intended. The Law of the LAND says NO New Rules For Model aircraft ... What's so hard to understand about that. We would not be having all this Huliblue if the FAA didn't think they were above Congress. Like I've said when dealing with the IRS FAA etc U are Guilty until U can prove your are innocent. Don't for get not one congressman senator came to the defense of the Amendment #336 Now did they. Nuff Said I stand by my convictions. Just keep your head down Fly like we always have, Stay out of Full Scales way and every thing will be OK.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:45 AM
HoundDog

Some interesting reading from RC Groups:[h=1]Who Has Been Fined by the FAA? Find Out![/h]:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2675672&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Click%20here%20to%20learn%20more.&utm_campaign=June9%2016
Old 06-09-2016, 12:30 PM
porcia83
Banned

Porcie: if that were true then they would have not Interpenetrated #336 exactly the Opposite that congress intended. The Law of the LAND says NO New Rules For Model aircraft ... What's so hard to understand about that. We would not be having all this Huliblue if the FAA didn't think they were above Congress. Like I've said when dealing with the IRS FAA etc U are Guilty until U can prove your are innocent. Don't for get not one congressman senator came to the defense of the Amendment #336 Now did they. Nuff Said I stand by my convictions. Just keep your head down Fly like we always have, Stay out of Full Scales way and every thing will be OK.
Not saying your convictions are wrong Doggy, we might just look at things differently from time to time. We do see eye to eye on keeping our heads down and flying like we always have. Nothing has changed, business as usual. I flew at 8 meter glider at 1500 feet last month, and I'll be flying RC at RC at a closed airport this month too! It's still a good time to be in RC. How'r the winds out West? 30 mph gusts here today...bizzare.
Not saying your v
Old 06-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Sport_Pilot

Someone on RCGroups said that all are MR's. But that is not true. Pirker is there and he flew a plank. There are some that don't state the aircraft type and I suspect they are planks as well.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:58 PM
porcia83
Banned

Someone on RCGroups said that all are MR's. But that is not true. Pirker is there and he flew a plank. There are some that don't state the aircraft type and I suspect they are planks as well.
Ya, as usual people only report part of the facts, usually to suit their slant. You're right of course, Pirker flew one of his creations, a wing. I saw a note from someone complaining about the the whole MR thing being the cause of all the ills of RC today (what's new), and specifically said he had been flying fixed wing FPV since the 80's with narry a problem.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:04 PM
rcmiket

I'm called a "doom and gloom" guy but the total disregard for Sec. 336 which is the law of the land is the main reason why I see things the way I do. Not one legislator has actually even brought this up amazes me but I'm not surprised since disregarding law is now acceptable behavior.

Mike
Old 06-09-2016, 02:07 PM
porcia83
Banned

I'm called a "doom and gloom" guy but the total disregard for Sec. 336 which is the law of the land is the main reason why I see things the way I do. Since no legislator has actually even brought this up amazes me but I'm not surprised.

Mike
Good point. No legislator has actually brought the issue up, at least not that I can see. This should make you stop and pause for a moment and wonder why.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.