Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 05:44 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Just to let you know the director has already said there should be NO FEE for registering hobby aircraft. So shove that in your pipe hole.
Now that's a real adult statement Thank U
After a statement like that Take a look at post #842 It seems to fit U well.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:05 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Granpooba
Man, I sure am happy to be living in NY state. Hate to be living in Texas and have to join that El Paso group ! Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
We have a great time here. No winters and the best part is no state income tax.That's two of the biggest reasons I left N.Y.
Me and Crispy ( or whatever his real name is) have and thing going on he says it's black and I say it's white. About the only thing we agree upon is .......... well nothing.
Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 11-03-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Nobody does anything voluntarily.

You're posting here right?

Let me simplify this for you. Anyone who's following the rules now will never encounter a problem later.

Cool so accidents don't happen, who knew.

As a matter of fact I support them.

You support breaking the law?

As far as the DOT who knows what they'll come up with. One things for sure they'll create a bureaucratic nightmare that will spin out of control as all government deals do. Enforcement will be a joke.

The joke will be on those paying the fines. I'd venture a guess that any laws requiring registration become part of the AMA safety code. As we know today, the safety code is enforceable by CDs at events. Perhaps that means that CDs can enforce the registration requirements (whatever they may be).

Now please feel free to be the first in line to register stuff you have owned for years.

I will and have no problem registering my stuff. I've already held a federal license for the past 22+ years. IMHO registration will only add legitimacy this hobby has never had. Many hear have complained repeatedly about rogue drone operators. The best way for us to differentiate ourselves from the rouge drone operators is to set an example by complying with the law. Failure to comply only makes you one of them.

Mike
Above in red.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Just to let you know the director has already said there should be NO FEE for registering hobby aircraft. So shove that in your pipe hole.

I don't think anyone here cares about cost. They care about the FAA man coming to the field for a registration check!
Old 11-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
If registration is required and someone is caught w/o registration then they suffer the consequences (fine, etc.).

I think that is the problem!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:02 PM
franklin_m

As we know today, the safety code is enforceable by CDs at events. Perhaps that means that CDs can enforce the registration requirements (whatever they may be). .... The best way for us to differentiate ourselves from the rouge drone operators is to set an example by complying with the law. Failure to comply only makes you one of them.
Those are both welcome comments, but I have a hard time seeing enforcement by AMA when they won't even list the names of turbine holders who've had their waiver revoked? Part of a meaningful safety program is looking at trends, and I'm sure a CD would put mitigations in place if he knew someone had their waiver revoked before. Some will say "but the jet guys will know." Ok, that may be true, but people's behavior (i.e. flight discipline) changes when they know their actions will land their name on a list that stays forever.

I would love to see the AMA enforce more than it does, as I agree it would add much needed legitimacy to their claims that they have a safety management system. I just don't see them doing it -- not in the organizational culture.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Lamoilleriver

No FEE to register model aircraft, how long will that last? There is no such thing as free registration, somewhere your tax dollars are being lifted out of one your pockets and paying someone to be on the receiving end and enter this information into the system. TINSTAAFL If accidents happens, politicians will use FEES to limit the number of model aircraft available, make them too expensive to own.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:42 AM
rcmiket

"Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon As we know today, the safety code is enforceable by CDs at events. Perhaps that means that CDs can enforce the registration requirements (whatever they may be). .... The best way for us to differentiate ourselves from the rouge drone operators is to set an example by complying with the law. Failure to comply only makes you one of them."

A Contest Director runs a event not the day to day operation of the field. Do you really think rouge drone operators will be showing up at the local flying field?

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 11-04-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:52 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

"Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon As we know today, the safety code is enforceable by CDs at events. Perhaps that means that CDs can enforce the registration requirements (whatever they may be). .... The best way for us to differentiate ourselves from the rouge drone operators is to set an example by complying with the law. Failure to comply only makes you one of them."

A Contest Director runs a event not the day to day operation of the field. Do you really think rouge drone operators will be showing up at the local flying field?

Mike

I never said CDs run day to day operations. I wasn't referring to rouge done operators either. I was specifically referring to event participants who fail to comply with FAA registration requirements once they're implemented.

Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; 11-04-2015 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:55 AM
rcmiket

Chris P. Bacon posted
"You support breaking the law? "

If they are flying observing the AMA safety guidelines how would they be breaking the law? I specifically said "Anyone who's following the rules now will never encounter a problem later."

Mike

Old 11-04-2015, 05:56 AM
rcmiket

I never said CDs runs day to day operations. I wasn't referring to rouge done operators either. I was specifically referring to event participants who fail to comply with FAA registration requirements once they're implemented.
Sure you did.............................

Mike
Old 11-04-2015, 06:02 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Chris P. Bacon posted

If they are flying observing the AMA safety guidelines how would they be breaking the law? I specifically said "Anyone who's following the rules now will never encounter a problem later."

Mike

The AMA Safety Code is not a guideline, it's a requirement for AMA members. You agreed to it when you signed your AMA membership application. The AMA SC isn't law either. However, the way I see it, FAA registration will become law.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:02 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Sure you did.............................

Mike
Sure Mikey, whatever you say.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:03 AM
Sport_Pilot

I never said CDs run day to day operations. I wasn't referring to rouge done operators either. I was specifically referring to event participants who fail to comply with FAA registration requirements once they're implemented.
So we can agree that it is not likely that rouge operators will be using the field. So then why should we care to enforce this?, Except perhaps for fields near airports.

IMO its the FAA's requirement, so their mess, the AMA should not put themselves in a position where the FAA blames them for enforcement.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:04 AM
Sport_Pilot

Chris P. Bacon posted

Mike

A very good point! But one that likely will not be decided without a law suit.

Last edited by Sport_Pilot; 11-04-2015 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:40 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

to hll with all the laws
Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
A very good point! But one that likely will not be decided without a law suit.
That's just really sad isn't it? The hobby has survived all this time with very few issues and now it's come down to the courts. There's something wrong there.

MIke
Old 11-04-2015, 08:14 AM
HoundDog

Mike

If U look at the AMA CONTEST DIRECTORS GUIDE. I believe that,CD's are required to Enforce the Safety rules no mater what.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/A...de_3-20-15.pdf

A CD is responsible to see that all safety rules and precautions are followed to the letter. Any CDwho knowingly allows an unsafe condition to exist is subject to the loss of his/her CD status.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:36 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE/] I will and have no problem registering my stuff. I've already held a federal license for the past 22+ years. IMHO registration will only add legitimacy this hobby has never had. Many hear have complained repeatedly about rogue drone operators. The best way for us to differentiate ourselves from the rouge drone operators is to set an example by complying with the law. Failure to comply only makes you one of them.

I will and have no problem registering my stuff. I've already held a federal license for the past 22+ years. IMHO registration will only add legitimacy this hobby has never had. Many hear have complained repeatedly about rogue drone operators. The best way for us to differentiate ourselves from the rouge drone operators is to set an example by complying with the law. Failure to comply only makes you one of them.
[/QUOTE]

Wow.
Of course the FPV advocates do not care how many hoops they have to jump through in order to "legitimize" what they do.
Not only are they willing to do / spend whatever it takes to legitimize their activity but they are also more than willing to see sanctions heaped upon Traditional Radio Control Flyers too.
Whatever it takes to be able to fly with their Space Cowboy Goggles....huh...?
Old 11-04-2015, 09:02 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by HoundDog
If U look at the AMA CONTEST DIRECTORS GUIDE. I believe that,CD's are required to Enforce the Safety rules no mater what.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/A...de_3-20-15.pdf

A CD is responsible to see that all safety rules and precautions are followed to the letter. Any CDwho knowingly allows an unsafe condition to exist is subject to the loss of his/her CD status.

Enforce safety rules yes. I agree with that. Inspect aircraft for registration no.
A AMA officer has no authority under the law to enforce anything other than the safety rules,
If any individual is abiding by the current safety rules why would any CD interfere?

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 11-04-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:23 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by combatpigg
[QUOTE/] I will and have no problem registering my stuff. I've already held a federal license for the past 22+ years. IMHO registration will only add legitimacy this hobby has never had. Many hear have complained repeatedly about rogue drone operators. The best way for us to differentiate ourselves from the rouge drone operators is to set an example by complying with the law. Failure to comply only makes you one of them.

Wow.
Of course the FPV advocates do not care how many hoops they have to jump through in order to "legitimize" what they do.
Not only are they willing to do / spend whatever it takes to legitimize their activity but they are also more than willing to see sanctions heaped upon Traditional Radio Control Flyers too.
[/QUOTE]
Piggy:

Sorry but I had a big 4 paragraph rebuttal and the Stupid thing ate it.

Just the same U R Wrong Period.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:27 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow.
Whatever it takes to be able to fly with their Space Cowboy Goggles....huh...?[/QUOTE]
Nicely said!!

Astro
Old 11-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Sport_Pilot

Wow.
Who were you quoting? I can't find it. I did not know we had an illigimate hobby that needed registration to add legitimacy. Seems to me it is perfectly legal and registration leads down the road to illegitimacy. Not the other way around.

Last edited by Sport_Pilot; 11-04-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Sport_Pilot

Sorry Dupe post.

Last edited by Sport_Pilot; 11-04-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:32 AM
oliveDrab

After observing how this thread has degenerated, the advertisements that pop up are starting to look really interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.