Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 06:24 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(1) AMA mandate and enforce whatever the FAA requires. No matter how difficult the pending announcement may be for us to swallow, we need to embrace it. Unfortunately, every time an AMA member says "I'm not going to register my ....", all they're doing is hand regulators and others a stick to beat us with. Having AMA members openly say they're not going to follow rules just hurts us. Goal is to build narrative that our members do the right thing, even if we don't think it's necessary.
I disagree, lack of registration is the reason many registration laws were rescinded.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:25 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Now there's an honest, reliable, fair, and balanced, news source.

I agree.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:27 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I disagree, lack of registration is the reason many registration laws were rescinded.
So if the FAA says that we have to register, are you saying you intend to not comply?
Old 11-18-2015, 06:35 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F-16 viperman
So please help Me out here, is there any person here that thinks it is a good idea for Me to be forced to register over 100 aircraft if I fly on My own acreage, My own runway out in the middle of the country where I'll never see a full scale except at 10000 feet or above? Ridiculous!
If individual aircraft registration is required, I think it's a great idea for everyone to register all their aircraft, now matter how many they have to show how unwieldy it's going to be manage and maintain all those individual aircraft. My hope is that if registration is required, only one registration number per pilot is necessary.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:39 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
It's been mentioned here that if were not happy with the way the AMA is handling things we should do something about it> In D8 we did.

[TABLE="class: cms_table"]
[TR]
[TD]Lawrence Harville[/TD]
[TD]765[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mark S Johnston[/TD]
[TD]715 (incumbent)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Others 3[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Mike
Bravo for the election process. What's odd about the election though is that Johnston was pretty much against the whole AMA/MR thing, and was vocal about it, even voted against it. Harville was completely silent on the issue, and he won. Perhaps he is more of an advocate for the AMA/MR situation? Why would the guy who is against the AMA/MR issue and voted against it be voted out?

Is the tide changing in DIstrict 8?
Old 11-18-2015, 07:00 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

If individual aircraft registration is required, I think it's a great idea for everyone to register all their aircraft, now matter how many they have to show how unwieldy it's going to be manage and maintain all those individual aircraft. My hope is that if registration is required, only one registration number per pilot is necessary.
If U are going to register some thing U have have Serial number (at least in the way og MR's) in order to make the registration number or lack of, on a MR is correct. Unless the registration number is issued at time of manufacture and permanently affixed to the craft, all becomes useless in identifying some one that just puts some other registration number on his MR. It's like bank robbers switching plates. When the vehicle is recovered the VIN number says who really owns the vehicle. Again with out Mandatory Registration of at least MR's all is a waste of time money & effort.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:09 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by porcia83
Bravo for the election process. What's odd about the election though is that Johnston was pretty much against the whole AMA/MR thing, and was vocal about it, even voted against it. Harville was completely silent on the issue, and he won. Perhaps he is more of an advocate for the AMA/MR situation? Why would the guy who is against the AMA/MR issue and voted against it be voted out?

Is the tide changing in DIstrict 8?
No Johnston was not vocal on the issue after he voted against the 250,000.00. What changed I don't know.All the rest up for election retained their seats.
I imagine there's a very strong possibility that those who voted for Harville are looking for a different take on the whole thing. As I stated before time will tell.

Mike
Old 11-18-2015, 07:23 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
No Johnston was not vocal on the issue after he voted against the 250,000.00. What changed I don't know.All the rest up for election retained their seats.
I imagine there's a very strong possibility that those who voted for Harville are looking for a different take on the whole thing. As I stated before time will tell.

Mike
With almost 1500 votes total, and 50 being the swing vote, this wasn't a victory on a position, it's just a whole combination of things, apathy being right up there. None of the districts really had a ton of voting....quite a commentary in and of itself.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:31 AM
Sport_Pilot

Now there's an honest, reliable, fair, and balanced, news source.
I agree. But that is not why I suggested them. They will pick up on stories others will not, especially if they think big bad government is stomping on you.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:32 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by porcia83
With almost 1500 votes total, and 50 being the swing vote, this wasn't a victory on a position, it's just a whole combination of things, apathy being right up there. None of the districts really had a ton of voting....quite a commentary in and of itself.
1500 votes only D10 had more participation Now considering participation of AMA members overall I'm surprised 1500 actually voted but that's totally irrelevant isn't it? The bottom line is who won. I actually like Mark and still do. I'm sure he did what he thought was best. He's a modeler just like we are and I wish him well and Thank him for his time served.

Mike .

Last edited by rcmiket; 11-18-2015 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:33 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by franklin_m
So if the FAA says that we have to register, are you saying you intend to not comply?
Why should I? I have a pilots license, they can revoke it. I don't fly anymore so I don't care.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:35 AM
Sport_Pilot

Yeah,. maybe I will buy several reams of paper and register each sheet of paper as a paper sUAV.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:29 AM
franklin_m

Why should I? I have a pilots license, they can revoke it. I don't fly anymore so I don't care.
Let's suppose for a moment the news on Friday is that you have to register anything over 9oz.

If you're saying you won't follow the regulations issued by lawful authority, why in the world would anyone think you'll follow without force of regulation nor force of law? .... like the AMA safety code?
Old 11-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Sport_Pilot

Let's suppose for a moment the news on Friday is that you have to register anything over 9oz.

If you're saying you won't follow the regulations issued by lawful authority, why in the world would anyone think you'll follow without force of regulation nor force of law? .... like the AMA safety code?
Because I don't want them to take my planes away! The AMA isn't!
Old 11-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Must be the NRA propaganda brainwashing?
Old 11-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I heard they're going to go door-to-door starting in your neighborhood first.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:47 AM
Lamoilleriver

Sanctuary cities anyone? What's good for the politicians should be good for the peasants.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Sport_Pilot

Must be the NRA propaganda brainwashing?
The AMA can't take my plane away the government JUST may be able to do so. I know it is a remote possibility, but possible.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Sport_Pilot

Ok, I'll give them a few reams of paper!
Old 11-18-2015, 10:06 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

I know this was not pointed at me, but I will answer.
Hell no i'm not going to register!

Last edited by mike1974; 11-18-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:07 AM
rcmiket

No that was the AMA's plan to get people to watch the video.

Mike
Old 11-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Sport_Pilot

Italy is banning drones! Don't know the details probably because of the Paris attack. But who knows? Just a matter or time before they try to take them away!

~~~~~
|
|
V
________ <FALLING SKY!
Old 11-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Am now thinking about not giving anymore responses or remarks to this subject matter. It is more interesting and amusing to just sit back and read the ones being posted. LOL
Old 11-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by Granpooba
Am now thinking about not giving anymore responses or remarks to this subject matter. It is more interesting and amusing to just sit back and read the ones being posted. LOL
I mentioned long ago that I'm here strictly for the entertainment value.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by lamoilleriver
sanctuary cities anyone? What's good for the politicians should be good for the peasants.
yes the city council ignores the law!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.