Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA Reauthorization 2016 AIRR - 2016

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA Reauthorization 2016 AIRR - 2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 03:50 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's All this crap got to do with this forum anyway now read this ...[h=1]Bipartisan Senate FAA bill shuns Shuster’s ATC proposal[/h]
http://atwonline.com/air-traffic-con...beaf4c3e49305d
Old 03-09-2016, 04:00 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by rgburrill
And we must thank them for that Back during those few years we tried to use that system here in the US we found something very profound and frightening - we could no longer cook to our recipes. And Betty Crocker just wouldn't come about. Yes, we started starving because our recipes could not be followed. And that is why we no longer use the metric system.
I wish I had a nickle for every mistake made because of the Metric system in this A-Marakin system of measurements. Not withstand all the extra tools one needs just to fix something overseas and in fact here with a mixture of Mucky meter and A-Merican fasterners. U kno NUTZ and BOLTS and them Screwy things.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:30 PM
HoundDog

[h=1]Shuster pushes second temporary extension of FAA’s authorization[/h]Mar 10, 2016Aaron Karp

COMMENTS

Rep. Bill Shuster

Shuster for Congress campaign Facebook page

RELATED MEDIA

ATW Photo Gallery-In the News-March 2016

Reps. Bill Shuster (R-Pennsylvania) and Kevin Brady (R-Texas), the chairmen of two key US House of Representatives committees, have introduced legislation extending FAA’s authorization through July 15.
With time running out before FAA’s authorization,extended for six months last September, expires on March 31, lawmakers are working to avoid a partial shutdown of the agency. Shuster, chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee (T&I), has proposed a long-term FAA reauthorization bill that would run through Sept. 30, 2022. While T&I has passed the bill following a committee markup, the proposed legislation has generated controversy over its plan to remove the management and operation of US air traffic control (ATC) from FAA to an independent, nonprofit corporation. It’s unclear when or if the full House will take up the bill for a vote.
On the Senate side, Sens. John Thune (R-South Dakota) and Bill Nelson (D-Florida) have introduced an FAA reauthorization bill that they believe can gain wide bipartisan support. That proposed legislation, which would authorize FAA through Sept. 30, 2017, is targeted by the senators for consideration by the full Senate in April. Thune and Nelson have acknowledged the need for an extension beyond the current March 31 deadline, and a July timeline is consistent with Senate thinking on when both chambers of Congress could pass unified FAA reauthorization legislation to send to President Barack Obama’s desk for signature into law.
“While both the House and Senate continue efforts to move each bill forward, we need to pass an extension to ensure that the FAA and the federal aviation programs remain fully funded and functional,” Shuster said in a statement.
Brady is chairman of the powerful Ways and Means Committee; his backing for the extension should bring considerable support from other House members for passing it.
The last FAA reauthorization, passed in February 2012, came after more than four years of wrangling in Congress that included 23 temporary extensions and a two-week partial shutdown of the agency in the 2011 summer. Shuster, Thune (chairman of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee) and other lawmakers had vowed to avoid another round of repeated extensions this time around, but it appears as if at least a second temporary extension of FAA’s authority will now be needed.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:40 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Actually we have been slowly converting. Most new American cars use a mix of metric and American Standard bolts. Many engines are designed and built as metric, then American versions use American bolts and imports use metric bolts. As for cooking most measuring cups have both American and Metric measurements. I'm hoping the government is smart and convert completely by the time our grandchildren are grown.
Actually, the American auto makers were "instructed" to change from the US standard to metric years ago. They have been dragging their feet as the change was to come as new parts were being introduced. When you really look at it, the engines are roughly 75% metric while transmissions are fully metric at this point.
For those that want to talk "gloom and doom", you have all heard that the end of the US is coming, right? Emperor Kim has said he's going to vaporize Manhattan with his "Better than the Russians made" hydrogen warheads sent over on ICBMs. One warhead will destroy all of NYC between the blast, the fireball or the superheated shockwave air