Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA Field Registration

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA Field Registration

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 01:23 PM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FAA Field Registration

OK, now that it has been decided that we should all go ahead and register our stuff with the FAA, a new discussion is taking place at our club. Question: Should we now register our flying sites with the FAA? I don`t think it is required by AMA to be legal AMA member or club. But neither is the registration of our flying things. So, what to do? Should we register our sites just as a matter of coarse for now and to protect our members and sites? What do you think?
Old 02-06-2016, 02:01 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's not required nor is there a provision to do so, lets not make things anymore complicated than they have to be.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:56 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by ira d
It's not required nor is there a provision to do so, lets not make things anymore complicated than they have to be.
Exactly....why are people making more of this than needs to be. Nothing the AMA has indicated so far says that clubs need to even check for the registration compliance, and now clubs are thinking about registering? Where would they even register...and for what purpose?
Old 02-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skylane42
OK, now that it has been decided that we should all go ahead and register our stuff with the FAA, a new discussion is taking place at our club. Question: Should we now register our flying sites with the FAA? I don`t think it is required by AMA to be legal AMA member or club. But neither is the registration of our flying things. So, what to do? Should we register our sites just as a matter of coarse for now and to protect our members and sites? What do you think?
Your members smoking Whacky Tobacky ???? Why do you want to stuff 10 pounds of poop into a 5 pound bag ??? And anyways, just how are you going to register your AMA site with the FAA ? Do you think that they are now going to issue you an FAA Site Registration Number, so that you can fly it on your fields windsock ? DUH !

This is the silliest posting in regards to the whole FAA registration process , that I have read thus far. Sincerely hope that it is the last .

Last edited by Granpooba; 02-06-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skylane42
OK, now that it has been decided that we should all go ahead and register our stuff with the FAA, a new discussion is taking place at our club. Question: Should we now register our flying sites with the FAA?
What method or procedure do you think exists to do this??

I don`t think it is required by AMA to be legal AMA member or club. But neither is the registration of our flying things. So, what to do? Should we register our sites just as a matter of coarse for now and to protect our members and sites? What do you think?
Stop worrying and go fly.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:46 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
What method or procedure do you think exists to do this?? .
Actually the AMA has taken care of that. Charter Club Look Up. If there's a field associated with the club there's a link to it containing location description and other related info.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx

Mike
Old 02-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Silent-AV8R

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Actually the AMA has taken care of that. Charter Club Look Up. If there's a field associated with the club there's a link to it containing location description and other related info.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx

Mike
Did you walk to work?

No, I brought my lunch!
Old 02-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Sport_Pilot

Heck, lets just register everything! Maybe my computer, TV, stereo, refrigerator, etc. Lots of things for the government to keep track of but cannot do anything with.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:05 AM
BobbyMcGee

Yes! Especially these computers ... They should all be registered with the NSA, CIA, FBI, FAA, your local police dept ... etc!
Computers can be used for lots of illegal operations that can be detrimental to society... Look at all the computer hacking that is going on! Geeze! These computers are so dangerous, they should be outlawed! Anyone can use them for bad purposes ... even your seven year old!
ISIS uses computers and Facebook to recruit terrorists, major banks and credit card companies are hacked, identities are stolen my the millions, government secrets are stolen, Hiliary's email accounts are released to the public, thieves can hack into your home security system through these miserable computers.

COMPUTERS MUST BE REGULATED !!!
HELL, REGULATE EVERYTHING!!!
Old 02-20-2016, 05:19 AM
Sport_Pilot

When we get through with computers we should register pens, pencil's, and paper! People will be hand writing threats after registering computers!
Old 02-20-2016, 09:27 AM
BobbyMcGee

Yes! And force anyone who buys a set of utensils to register their knives. Plus, even anyone who puts a set of silverware on their "bridal list" as a potential wedding gift must register with the FBI, CIA, and the FAA!
We have to cover all the bases, and every potential of a threat so we can all live in a safe society.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:09 PM
carlnoki

Skylane

If you have not guess by now, don't add more things to the fire.....................

We all have been thru enough already guy. Just tell your club members to leave well enough alone and just get out
there and go flying and have a great time of it........
Old 02-20-2016, 08:36 PM
jcmors

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Heck, lets just register everything! Maybe my computer, TV, stereo, refrigerator, etc. Lots of things for the government to keep track of but cannot do anything with.
Looks around... shhhh let's not give the government any ideas!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:39 PM
jcmors

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
Yes! And force anyone who buys a set of utensils to register their knives. Plus, even anyone who puts a set of silverware on their "bridal list" as a potential wedding gift must register with the FBI, CIA, and the FAA!
We have to cover all the bases, and every potential of a threat so we can all live in a safe society.
Now let's be reasonable there... only knives that can cut through two sticks of butter should need to be registered!
Old 02-20-2016, 09:17 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is the kind of thinking that takes place when citizens fear the government. The more power we allow government the more fearful of it we become.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:31 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by 049flyer
This is the kind of thinking that takes place when citizens fear the government. The more power we allow government the more fearful of it we become.
Was going to add that this kind of thinking takes place when the government has to much power, but you basically already have stated that !