Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Circle the wagons ! It's Senator writing time !!!!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Circle the wagons ! It's Senator writing time !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 03:58 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
It did. All flights per AMA rules are LOS. Even the FPV is to be flown LOS. The FAA and especially the politicians do not understand the difference.
Exactly..both of those facts seem to be overlooked. At the end of the day they are all aircraft going up into the national airspace. The federal government wasn't going to take time to carve out tiny exceptions here and there on their own. That's where the AMA and it's membership, and advocates come into play.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:34 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Ouch , I think I just got hit by Sport's sliding goalpost ......

...Naa , musta just been the braincramp of tryin to follow all the twists & spins ! ....

Still , watch out where ya swingin that thing buddy , ya may just end up hittin yer own backside .

Did you write your Senator? I couldn't tell from your post above. I wrote my Senator back when the AMA asked and just recently received a reply. Below is the letter I received. What did your Senator say?

Dear Mr. Bacon:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Reauthorization Act that would exempt model aircraft from certain provisions of the bill. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this critical issue.

As you know, an amendment was filed to the recent FAA Reauthorization Act that exempts model aircraft from several provisions in the underlying bill intended to improve the safe operation of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). This amendment was not voted on in and was not included in the bill that recently passed the Senate. The FAA Reauthorization Act must still be reconciled with separate legislation being considered by the House of Representatives and be signed by the President before becoming law.

I understand concerns that these provisions could impact model airplane hobbyists and sellers, but also believe that we must do all we can to ensure the safe and secure use of our airspace. Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts squarely in mind moving forward.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance. I invite you to visit my website (http://xxxxxx.senate.gov) to learn more about how I am standing up for xxxxxx families in the United States Senate.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:30 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Bacon! Your letter reads almost word-for-word to the letters (one paper, one e-mail) I got from both of my senators. I wonder if they all might have just come up with a "stock" reply to the whole thing while they do whatever they please (as per usual).
Old 05-24-2016, 12:22 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
Hey Bacon! Your letter reads almost word-for-word to the letters (one paper, one e-mail) I got from both of my senators. I wonder if they all might have just come up with a "stock" reply to the whole thing while they do whatever they please (as per usual).
LoL....I think all of these guys use stock "thanks for reaching out to us" letters regardless of what the situation is. Then they capture your name and information and hit you up for a campaign contribution later!
Old 05-24-2016, 01:23 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
I figured it was a form letter. Was curious if anyone else received one. Glad you got a paper one as it will help keep the USPS and tree farmers employed. Suitable for framing I'm sure.