Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Has your club asked for and received funds from the AMA?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Has your club asked for and received funds from the AMA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 07:19 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has your club asked for and received funds from the AMA?

Just wondering what clubs have received money, and how much. Was it what you asked for? Was your request denied, and if so was a reason given?

Our club received $300.00 for windstorm/flood damage 4 years ago, our damages were far in excess of that but that's what we asked for. I know of one club locally that has made a request that is pending, not sure how long the process takes.

Not looking for a debate on the program and how much more/less they should be doing, just more of a factual response if possible. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:56 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been a member of several different clubs over the past 20+ years, but none of them have ever asked for funds from the AMA.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:39 PM
porcia83
Banned

Just followed up on the other club, AMA gave them $300.00 for damages to their field caused by grubs/beetle/skunk damages to their runway. Damages were significant and really made it difficult to land on the grass runway. Complicating matters, they are in a flood zone and aquifer so they are not allowed to put any chemicals down. A few clubs in the area sustained heavy damages, ours cost over $1200.00 to repair so far, and there is no guarantee they won't be back again. From the time their grant was submitted to when it was approved was about a week. Whether it was the amount of damage caused, or the figure requested (less than half of actual costs), I'd say the turn around was pretty quick.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:18 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news! Glad to see the AMA is helping clubs that find themselves in these circumstances. I hope their field doesn't smell like skunk!
Old 05-24-2016, 07:21 AM
porcia83
Banned

The process appeared to be relatively painless, glad it worked out for them.