Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Insider calls for CHANGE. VP running for President supports TRADITIONAL MODELLERS

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Insider calls for CHANGE. VP running for President supports TRADITIONAL MODELLERS

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 01:56 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Astro, your last few posts discussing the issues were very well thought out and presented, and appreciated. On several points you were reading my mind and expressing my thoughts better than I can.

Your replies to Porcia83 were pretty much worthless. Please consider disengaging.
Exactly, and that advice has been given before, but ignored. More than willing to have a discussion, and I've even tried to back off when it's clear we can't agree...to no avail.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:53 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Astro, your last few posts discussing the issues were very well thought out and presented, and appreciated. On several points you were reading my mind and expressing my thoughts better than I can.
Thank-you for the kind words!

Your replies to Porcia83 were pretty much worthless. Please consider disengaging.
Engaging with the trolls is a weakness of mine. I am human. I have a really hard time ignoring posts that contain intentional spin and untruths for the sole purpose of mocking others and furthering personal agendas. It would be refreshing to be able to engage in an actual debate where only the facts are allowed to support ones position. Heck, when only the facts are presented to justify ones opinions, a debate will usually end with all parties having a mutual respect for one another, regardless of if they end up in agreement or not.

I will try harder in the future!

Regards,

Astro
Old 08-17-2016, 04:14 PM
porcia83
Banned

Guess trying harder was sending me a PM? I've responded to you, cheers and beers!
Old 08-17-2016, 04:27 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
does anybody here have any idea what that last post of porcia's is about or trying to say.
sounds like lost ramblings to me.
For caving and turning off the ignore button, you forfeit 1 point

For not quoting the aforementioned rambling post, +5 points!
Old 08-17-2016, 04:47 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Guess trying harder was sending me a PM? I've responded to you, cheers and beers!
DUDE, REALLY? I pledge to try harder, take you up on your earlier invite to PM, and you bring it back to the public forum.....REALLY?

Sorry guys, this guy takes the cake!

Maybe he will copy and paste my PM to him here like he did with somebody else's personal e-mails........

Regards,

Astro
Old 08-17-2016, 04:56 PM
porcia83
Banned

Well it will be interesting to see if Tougas accepts Ken's invite and does a Q and A here.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:33 AM
warningshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
Thank-you for the kind words!

Engaging with the trolls is a weakness of mine. I am human. I have a really hard time ignoring posts that contain intentional spin and untruths for the sole purpose of mocking others and furthering personal agendas. It would be refreshing to be able to engage in an actual debate where only the facts are allowed to support ones position. Heck, when only the facts are presented to justify ones opinions, a debate will usually end with all parties having a mutual respect for one another, regardless of if they end up in agreement or not.

I will try harder in the future!

Regards,

Astro
His writings remind me of another AMA can do no wrong writer from a few years ago, Murocflyer.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:43 AM
porcia83
Banned

You might be confusing him with someone else. He was also pretty vocal at times about what he thought could be done better. But Murocflyer certainly was a guy that get very involved in doing a lot of good work for the hobby and the AMA. Here's a reminder:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32306

Have you done anything similar? How about anyone else?
Old 08-18-2016, 03:03 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by warningshot
His writings remind me of another AMA can do no wrong writer from a few years ago, Murocflyer.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/museum/waa.aspx

During an adventure lasting 5 years, 145 days, 21 hours and 50 minutes, the Wings across America 2008 SQuiRT helped educate countless people about model aviation, and helped build camaraderie between the over 800 participating pilots

Next time anyone's at the Model Aviation Museum in Muncie they should take some time to check out the exhibit. Pretty impressive program he put together there, that AMA can do guy.