Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Safety Metrics & AC91-57C

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Safety Metrics & AC91-57C

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 07:27 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought you were here to have a discussion? First off, " someone tossing out their AMA credentials trying to "correct" the poor misinformed individual who brought it up." are your words, I did not even come close to saying anything like that, I simply corrected your error to reflect the facts.

I can't post anything without you making some kind of sideways remark toward me. I guess what I said about one's true colors showing over time rings true with my decades of experience here.

The 2,400 flying fields really have nothing to do with the AMA as you espouse. I will grant you that depending on how the FRIA thing works out, the AMA will essentially have that much more "stake" in those flying fields, even though they haven't really provided anything other than obtaining CBO status. For those who own their fields, it kind of binds then to the AMA whether they like it or not. Hopefully, once other CBO's are recognized by the FAA, clubs who own their property and have had them granted FRIA status, will be able to align with the CBO of their choice and still retain FRIA status.

Who said anything about the AMA going bankrupt? Franklin's number show a steady decline in revenue and membership, it is just a matter of time.

I agree with init4fun 100%, and have said the same many times here, that the AMA should focus on its core, dues-paying members and their needs before trying to, "Grow at any cost" because they blindly believe, "Bigger is better". Like we all do in our own lives, we must define our goals, set a budget, and stick to it.

Not really interested in your tone and insinuations. Feel free to disagree and voice your opinion, we can all do without your trolling coments.

Astro
Old 11-29-2022, 07:37 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
I will grant you that -
Accepted.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:23 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
I thought you were here to have a discussion?
A discussion? You couldn't say what my post was about without going back and looking at it. It's not just you, people get so wrapped up in what they're going to write, they don't read well enough to stay in a "discussion". So I mostly avoid it. If I think I'm really on to something I try to write a polemic, a self-contained argument.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:55 PM
astrohog

Yeah, maybe you need to dumb it down.......

You are obviously far superior to anyone here, and have everyone figured out. Good on ya!

Astro
Old 11-30-2022, 06:56 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Astro cultivating a replacement for a new arch enemy since Speedy no longer replys to him?????LOL
Old 11-30-2022, 07:35 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Propworn
Astro cultivating a replacement for a new arch enemy since Speedy no longer replys to him?????LOL
Cultivating?
I'm not responsible for the spin, twist and non-factual stuff others post, just call it out when I read it.
Sorry that you don't understand it.

Astro
Old 11-30-2022, 08:23 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
Speedy still hangs out here, just hasn't posted in a while. Maybe it's the fact that he got caught being a "two-faced liar" between this forum and RCG that has prevented him from posting in this forum