Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

RCUniverse Forum Rules

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

RCUniverse Forum Rules

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 06:54 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RCUniverse Forum Rules

RCUniverse no doubt has rules that mirror RCGroups on paper. But I don’t recall ever seeing a hidden post with a message that it will remain hidden until the poster changes whatever forum rule violation. Middle school schoolmarms checking hall passes. A "Trolling" violation is the biggest joke. The whole point of an online forum is getting a response positive or negative. Man up and answer it.

RCG has a point system. After a certain number of points that person gets a time out. After some more points they get shadowed IIRC. After more points it’s banned forever loser. Ask Franklin how easy it is. He never violated any real rule that I’m aware of. They just didn’t like him. Worse AMAers can name-call, post mocking GIFs and cartoons, whatever, and almost never get docked. Let a non-AMAer raise a pinky finger and it’s a point.

There was an entire thread directed solely against Franklin RCG let stay up for 8 months, 144 pages. The thread was based on one article featuring Franklin’s letter from the FAA that shot down AMA’s forced membership scheme. That’s the real reason Franklin got the boot.

I’m not sure what would get someone banned from RCUniverse after that fruit cake rampaged around here for days. And that’s fine if the alternative is the system at the other place. The only things worth talking about are controversial. And ERB videos. Got us off that FAA thread trainwreck did it not. How about that Billy Mays vs. Ben Franklin?!

The only thing I’d change at RCU is the option to delete your own threads when they get out of control. Just closing them still wastes server space.
Old 10-08-2023, 07:37 PM
ElectriMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the purpose of trolling?
Trolling is when someone posts or comments online to 'bait' people, which means deliberately provoking an argument or emotional reaction. In some cases they say things they don't even believe, just to cause drama.
Old 10-08-2023, 09:26 PM
ECHO24

That's fine but not when it's your pals who decide what is "Provoking".

Your bold type I take as taking about me. You said your piece. Fair enough. But it sounds like you'd also like "Bob" on you side to teach me a lesson, No? Exactly how it works at RCG.

Old 10-09-2023, 06:12 AM
ElectriMan

That post is a direct cut-and-paste from the Google. The bold type was already there.
I posted that as agreement to your manifesto but if you take it as talking about you so be it.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:45 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hiding the guilt?

Originally Posted by ECHO24
That's fine but not when it's your pals who decide what is "Provoking".

Your bold type I take as taking about me. You said your piece. Fair enough. But it sounds like you'd also like "Bob" on you side to teach me a lesson, No? Exactly how it works at RCG.
Why you took it this way is pretty obvious, why not just step up, apologize and move on?
No axe to grind, just a friendly suggestion.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:01 AM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Why you took it this way is pretty obvious, why not just step up, apologize and move on?
No axe to grind, just a friendly suggestion.
Here's another friendly suggestion. You are a total non-contributor here, just parachute in every couple of months to lob an insult or 3.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:01 AM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by ElectriMan
That post is a direct cut-and-paste from the Google. The bold type was already there.
I posted that as agreement to your manifesto but if you take it as talking about you so be it.
Thanks ElectriMan. An other example of how something easy to convey in conversation is sometimes harder in print.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:18 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

What is the point of all this? This forum has operated much the same way since I have been a member. Each site is different. All that is guaranteed is your choice to participate or not. One can also refuse to participate in the back and forth but if you do or object then you have probably made the antagonizers day. One has many choices choose one of them and be happy.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:41 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Default Simply put

Originally Posted by Propworn
What is the point of all this? This forum has operated much the same way since I have been a member. Each site is different. All that is guaranteed is your choice to participate or not. One can also refuse to participate in the back and forth but if you do or object then you have probably made the antagonizers day. One has many choices choose one of them and be happy.

He regrets going full tilt, deleted his comments and then as he cannot get the posts edited where he was quoted, he then went after getting the thread deleted.
That didn’t happen and so rather than manning up and taking responsibility for his outbursts and maybe apologizing, he’s desperately trying other alternatives to hide his guilt.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:08 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Default Hmmmm

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Here's another friendly suggestion. You are a total non-contributor here, just parachute in every couple of months to lob an insult or 3.
Going Full Tilt is contributing?

Be a better self.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:29 AM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Going Full Tilt is contributing?

Be a better self.
Hey Edge. Since you 're broken and and can't help yourself. Anything besides threats of violence or doxing is A-OK. And that's the way it should be. It will eventually work itself out.

My favorite motivation speech is The Dogs Bark but the Caravan Moves On. May want to add dull to that handle.

As for the Canadian guy, isn't CAN RC flying on life support? Maybe your focus should be on that.

These guys trying to dunk on me on my own thread. What's up with that. How about these bigshots start one of their own.
Old 10-09-2023, 01:21 PM
ElectriMan

And so this thread demonstrates exactly what trolling is.

Old 10-09-2023, 02:16 PM
ECHO24

It is if you keep answering.