Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Club fun

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 05:57 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Default Club fun

I think that all the regulars in this forum know where I stand with AMA and clubs. Since relocating to Oregon from California I have memberships in 4 different clubs. The social aspect of the hobby for me and many others is just as rewarding as the building/flying. As someone who has had a love for model aviation for as long as I remember and an AMA member for 45 years, I feel that it’s this social interaction that is the heart of the hobby that will keep it alive. I am reminded of this each time I attend an event that is hosted by an AMA club.

This brings me to one of my clubs annual events. Each year Typically in April ( we had a couple of rain postponements) we host a winter build challenge. The Idea is during the winter a participant will post pictures of their build progress on the clubs FB page. Then come fly them at the event. All participants win a prize of a new kit to build for next year. A good number of those kits get given to any of the youth members in attendance. This coupled with the enthusiasm that these types of events creates goes a long way to promote the hobby. Sadly we do loose some guys along the way and this year we had a moment of silence to honor a couple members who left us this year. A few random shots during the day.

Old 05-12-2024, 06:08 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

A few more.