Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Key Board RC

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Key Board RC

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Board RC

Does'nt any one fly any more or is the new age. All I see any more is what is going wrong not what is going wright!!!! Well keep bashing we don't need RC ! we need more cel phone space
Old 11-15-2003, 05:31 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Key Board RC

Good post. I just got back from an amazing session of 3D flying! Perfect weather.

Please write to your AMA representatives and tell them the arbitrarily imposing new rules is not right. After all, in less than a month we will be at the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brothers first flight.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:47 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

AMA is like any religion. Founded on fine principles but the execution is left to individuals who,
unfortunately, are usually driven by their own ideas and prejudices. If everything was going in the direction of the original founders intentions we would all be happy. We have seen the grand ideas subordinated to ambition and the desire to be a big frog in a small puddle. I joined AMA in 1936 because the idea was not to regulate model aircraft but provide a framework for modelers to fly safely and have a voice in the community that would protect their interests. Most of this seems to fallen by the wayside and deteriorated into name calling to further "political" desires. I am of the opinion that although the stated practice of AMA is as originally intended the actual execution has fallen to personal ideas, not the wishes of the general membership. We find ouselves in the position of being required to take sides. One part is pushing the wagon and the other part is trying to pull it. Fortunately in our club we have all kinds from 3D to park flyers and everything in between and we all get along on the same field. If only the AMA were the same. This is the last time I will visit this forum. I've heard enough name calling and aspersions cast on the character of other members. Enough is enough. There is no amount of
"I was only kidding" to make it believable.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:40 PM
Live Wire

BG you would not know what to do with your self if you gave up posting, its all we have left !!!!! Build, fly, and RCU I belong to AMA and was born the year after you joined! All we can do is keep plugging away and hope for the best and look for the worst. May we enjoy whats left.
KEEP FLYING
Old 11-16-2003, 07:57 PM
stalspin-delete

BG, I know what you mean> Iget so fed up with what I read I get really upset to the point that I leave for a few weeks or months or what ever then I come back until it gets to me again. So maybe a hiatus for a while will help, either way good fortune to you.