Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Who is Tony Stillman?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Who is Tony Stillman?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Who is Tony Stillman?

J-R,

A thread was opened in the jet forum. I was the second guy to post an opinion. This whole AMA scenario is really taking the fun out of my hobby. To think that almost 35 years ago I started flying with a Cox Miss America P-51 at the ripe old age of of seven. I saved my 50 cents a week allowance until I had the $7.50 to buy the plane. Little did I know then about the politics involved in flying my model airplanes......[]

Kevin

P.S.....Does anyone have a NIB Cox Miss America P-51 they would like to sell....Naturally, I have a little sentiment toward this plane.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:52 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who is Tony Stillman?

It seems Model Aviation wants to answer my initial question. In the Feb 2004 issue, in an article about the new Hall of Fame Inductees, on page 166, is the following:

Tony Stillman, 45, has been a major participant in the RC arena. He has planned and developed several model airplane events and education programs.

As past president of the National Society of Radio Controlled Aerobatics (NSRCA), Tony was granted lifetime membership. He conducted a training and certification school for several years at the Weak Signals’ Toledo Show for NSRCA.

Tony designated and ran three school aviation programs and flew both airplane and helicopter demonstration flights for the Pensacola, Florida, school system

He works in the model aviation industry, spending 27 years at Radio South where he is currently president.

Tony’s other accomplishments include working as a technical advisor measuring airframes at the Tournament of Champions in Las Vegas, Nevada. He has been published in K Factor, the newsletter of NSRCA and Radio Ramblings.