Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Charter?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Charter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 12:12 PM
1Jimbo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Charter?

There is a group of guys (20) that have an R/C club, all are AMA members but they (the club) are not AMA chartered. Does anyone know FOR SURE if they would have any additional insurance from the AMA for being a chartered club?
Please, if you are not absolutely sure don't answer. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2002, 12:36 PM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance

Unless they own their own flying field, having an AMA charter will bring "site owners" insurance that will cover the owner of record of the property.

As am AMA charter club you also have club insurance that covers "non-flying" events (i.e., mall shows, convention shows, etc). Many malls (halls, etc) will want a proof of insurance certificate for at least 1 or 1.5 million dollars before you can set foot in the place.

Dan
Old 06-16-2002, 10:00 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AMA Charter?

Heres where you run into a problem. I recently quit and AMA chartered club for which I was President but lets get past this.
I wanted to put on a Mall Show a couple months ago. Most malls require a hefty insurance policy. Alhtough you have the AMA insurance for yourself, You cannot get any rider for any show at all unless it is "through" a chartered club and only an officer can do it, not a member. i know this because I went through it recently. So a small group of us chartered ourselves and away we went. Wihtout a charter, you cannot accomplish anything.