Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

All who post here better read!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

All who post here better read!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 11:06 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All who post here better read!!!!

Ok guys I am getting real tired of the complaints about some of the name calling being done here in this forum. I know we have a poll going about maybe changing things here but one that will change poll or not is the name calling. We are suppose to be adults here so let's try and debate the issues that interest you in an adult way and the use of descriptive adjectives will not be tolerated in the future. Just a word to the wise!!!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:30 AM
J_R

Default RE: All who post here better read!!!!

Art

Enough is enough. As you know, I have no problem with taking care of myself. At the same time I bow to your requests. I even apologized to huber.

When these types of posts are allowed, after your first warning, what am I to do? How much do you expect me to take?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.a...514&tostyle=tm
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.a...206&tostyle=tm
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.a...428&tostyle=tm
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.a...479&tostyle=tm

And apparently, they will continue.

Either control him or I will just leave RCU. I will not insult you by ignoring your warnings.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:35 AM
FHHuber
Banned

show me the appology... it doesn't exist.

edit add:

Pointing out the facts is a problem?
Old 05-11-2004, 12:39 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

What is wrong with you guys??
Old 05-11-2004, 12:44 AM
J_R

just for the record
ORIGINAL: FHHuber

show me the appology... it doesn't exist.

edit add:

Pointing out the facts is a problem?
Old 05-11-2004, 01:14 AM
FHHuber
Banned

ORIGINAL: MikeL

What is wrong:

J_R got proven wrong and kept adding on more and more requirements instead of simply saying... "I'm wrong... QED." I continued to prove him wrong again and again... meeting the requirements he added.

He couldn't accept that.

I got upset as I got tired of dealing with a 3 yr old level of picking for details more and more... and yes if you pick for details long engoung there will be a goof. (he hasn't found it yet... the goof is the one thing hasn't decided to pick on... Its a typo of a number... maybe he can find it now.)

When I get proven wrong... I tend to admit it.

I just kind of expected the same from J_R

I expected too much.... I got MAD and then I got wrong in how I handled it.

J_R apparently didn't get the satisfactionhe wanted in the "lost field" thread... because I was never rpoven wrong in any one of the assumptions I stated as assumptions. So... trying to pick a fight... he found one.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:19 AM
J_R

He won't stop
ORIGINAL: FHHuber

ORIGINAL: MikeL

What is wrong:

J_R got proven wrong and kept adding on more and more requirements instead of simply saying... "I'm wrong... QED." I continued to prove him wrong again and again... meeting the requirements he added.

He couldn't accept that.

I got upset as I got tired of dealing with a 3 yr old level of picking for details more and more... and yes if you pick for details long engoung there will be a goof. (he hasn't found it yet... the goof is the one thing hasn't decided to pick on... Its a typo of a number... maybe he can find it now.)

When I get proven wrong... I tend to admit it.

I just kind of expected the same from J_R

I expected too much.... I got MAD and then I got wrong in how I handled it.

J_R apparently didn't get the satisfactionhe wanted in the "lost field" thread... because I was never rpoven wrong in any one of the assumptions I stated as assumptions. So... trying to pick a fight... he found one.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:20 AM
FHHuber
Banned

No... I won't stop telling the truth.

You expected different?
Old 05-11-2004, 01:20 AM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: J_R

Art

Enough is enough. As you know, I have no problem with taking care of myself. At the same time I bow to your requests. I even apologized to huber.
<snip>
Either control him or I will just leave RCU. I will not insult you by ignoring your warnings.
For Pete's sake, JR-
Apologize to everyone that reads the forum for not dropping a clue to (deleted)'s old man re Planned Parenthood if you must, then let it drop.
Why should Art give a rat's corpse if you leave RCU? You don't need him to control the mutts anyway; you take control yourself by ignoring them.
Let 'em howl at the moon, and show how much you care by not responding.

Abel
Old 05-11-2004, 01:22 AM
MikeL

Perhaps both of you should just take a break from RCU for a few weeks and reassess just what it is you do here. It's worked wonders for me in the past. Do you both realize how ridiculous this has become? Take a step back and gain some perspective.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:29 AM
J_R

Art

I am out of here for a while. Marc has my e-mail. If you figure out how to control huber, or ban him from RCU,let me know, please. How you can put up with someone that is vile enough to spread nastiness over 4700 posts on your site is beyond me.

Alternately, if you want to turn me loose on him, that is fine too.

JR
Old 05-11-2004, 01:47 AM
FHHuber
Banned

J_R is offering to pack up his toys and go home if I'm not bounced from the forum.

Chase all of his links in there... See if you think they are really being unreasonable attacks on him as he is claiming... Someone asked a question... I answered it as honestly and analytically as I could.

I gave my honest opinion, and stated it as such in one... (and I know that's the one he's got the biggest complaint about.)

Yes... The AMA forum needs more moderation.

How much more may be a better question than the one asked in the poll... (I've been thinking about it more.)

In EITHER thread... a moderator poking in and saying something (without immedately being told, its the AMA forum... its normal) might have prevented it from escalating.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:27 AM
Scar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Art,

Is it possible to introduce an "ignore" feature, like they have on IRC? I don't know as it would help either of the subjects of this thread, but a filter might be nice for me. I would apply it to certain individuals in a New York Minute!

Just a thought,
Dave Olson
Old 05-11-2004, 07:57 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

There are filters to avoid viewing others posts and for some right now it would be recommended until they can conduct themselves appropriately. Above every username to the left is a 'stop light'. When clicked it will add the member to your ignore list and you will no longer have to view their posts.

Art made his point by starting this thread, and has established the standard to which the AMA forum will be held. Either you will discuss these issues as Art stated or you will not be invited to discuss them at all.