Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Place Your Votes for District 5

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Judi Dunlap
13.79%
Manny Sousa
6.90%
Tony Stillman
79.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Place Your Votes for District 5

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 11:05 AM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Place Your Votes for District 5

Unoffical and informal - This should be fun!

Disclaimer: This is not for real you MUST mail you real ballot that is attached to your renewal. The ballot MUST be sent to the auditors, not to AMA HQ or they will not be counted. You do not need to renew at the time you vote.

edited to add disclaimer
Old 10-02-2004, 12:46 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Place Your Votes for District 5

What about an option for people outside of district 5 that want to see the results? I don't want to P.O. N.W for voting in another district, having an opinion is bad enough!
Old 10-02-2004, 12:48 PM
BasinBum

And you should put "incumbant" next to the appropriate names for the uninformed to be able to make up their minds, like in the real world.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

What about an option for people outside of district 5 that want to see the results? I don't want to P.O. N.W for voting in another district, having an opinion is bad enough!

So far the results are:

Judi Dunlap 15% (3)

Manny Sousa 5% (1)

Tony Stillman 80% (16)

With .001 % of the members reporting. [:-]

S
Old 10-02-2004, 12:59 PM
BasinBum

Three votes. Nick.W., JDB from Apoopka and one other, hmmmm? Do you think JD is already here and just lurking?
Old 10-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

To save you all time, just copy this to your ballot and mail.

It is interesting to note that Judi Dis listed as incumbent on the campaign statements that came with it, but not on the ballot. I love the way the powers that be work with the system. An election or two back it was decided they would not note the incumbent on the ballot as it was considered to give them an unfair advantage . . . but I guess its OK to highlight it on the campaign statements that accompany the ballot.

The culture in the septic tank has died . . . . time to pump it out and start over or the AMA will be in deep do-do. [:@]

S
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81501.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	178833  
Old 10-02-2004, 04:33 PM
J_R

Hey Red

Just be sure to send that sucker to the auditor's address pre-printed on it.

Last presidential election 10,000+ votes went back to HQ, most with renewals, and were discarded.

Oh, and it's postage paid, too.

Old 10-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

I'm having 10,000 printed up, marked for DB and sent to Muncie. Lets see if they dump them this time. [sm=bananahead.gif]

S

ORIGINAL: J_R

Hey Red

Just be sure to send that sucker to the auditor's address pre-printed on it.

Last presidential election 10,000+ votes went back to HQ, most with renewals, and were discarded.

Oh, and it's postage paid, too.

Old 10-02-2004, 10:08 PM
BobbyRichardson

I bet Reds sweating bullets about Tony Stillman only having 17 votes. Red you maybe hurting your favorite candidate!!!! By the way Red, where is Tony Stillman's forum?
Old 10-03-2004, 11:33 AM
J_R

Hi Bobby

So far, with the exception of one candidate for AMA office, Dave Mathewson, no other candidate has chosen to have a forum created here on RCU for them self.

Considerably before the nominations, many in this forum predicted no candidate would participate. Twice now, someone who appears to be a “proxy†has posted in support of a candidate, stating direct links to the candidate. These “proxies†raised the level of expectation in this forum. The direct links to the candidate, so far, have not provided answers to the “hard†questions. That has not been well received. Perhaps, in the next election, more candidates will come to understand the value direct communication with the membership.

On the other hand, they might well cripple their candidacy. As I understand, Matheson insisted to RCU that the “hard†questions be left, and not moderated out. Not all candidates are going to be capable of stating their position, or answering questions that may alienate the electorate, or alienate others on the EC… or… they may simply be unwilling to take the risk.

Supporting a candidate, as Red, myself, and others have done is something we have seen for years on the net. We have always realized we did not represent the candidate and could only point to facts available. Often that leaves us pointing at negative facts about the opposition. “Proxy†posters are new, and, it seems, not producing to the level of expectation of readers. Maybe the “proxy†approach holds something for the future… maybe not. Pointing to negative facts has not done well either.

In the meantime, we are left to see the “canned†statements, either in the form of campaign statements or web sites, of all the candidates who have chosen not to communicate directly.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Heck, go ahead and vote, this way we will know how our other AMA members feel. After all you will be almost as much by who wins in D-V as the members. Remember, each EC member has an equal vote on the EC. The things they initiate and have passed covers ALL AMA members, not just those in their District.

S

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Old 10-05-2004, 10:04 PM
tonyF3A

JR.
I spoke with RCU's people, and their offer of a forum was only for AMA President. That is why I don't have one here.

Thanks for all the support I am getting from many of you on RCU! I am hopeful that I will win this time, and be able to provide this district with a real voice on the EC! If I am elected, I will be looking for people who want to DO something for AMA in District 5. I will be needing AVP's that really want to work for the members of D5. If you or someone you know is interested, have them contact me via e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:07 PM
BasinBum

I think Judi Dunlop is interested and from what I hear she has a lot of free time.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:50 PM
J_R

ORIGINAL: tonyF3A

JR.
I spoke with RCU's people, and their offer of a forum was only for AMA President. That is why I don't have one here.

Thanks for all the support I am getting from many of you on RCU! I am hopeful that I will win this time, and be able to provide this district with a real voice on the EC! If I am elected, I will be looking for people who want to DO something for AMA in District 5. I will be needing AVP's that really want to work for the members of D5. If you or someone you know is interested, have them contact me via e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks!
To: Tony Stillman, all readers of the AMA discussion forum, and all other non-presidential candidates, :

Apparently I misunderstood the offer of Marc Vigod, aka RCadmin, RCU’s administrator and co-owner. Marc stated in a response to Hal deBolt “Yes...RCU will have some mechanisms in place very soon for communication to take place with candidates who wish to participate. Stay tunedâ€. (post #16): http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_20...anchor/tm.htm# .

Marc also stated: “If the candidates wish to discuss things in a moderated environment free of attacks but full of legit questions then I will gladly provide a forum for this or perhaps one thread per candidate which will be moderated to ensure the issues are addressed and the mudslinging left at the door.†http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_18...anchor/tm.htm#

While I can find no place where he stated the offer was to presidential candidates only, this is clearly my error for not asking specifically. I was under the belief that it was an offer to all candidates and not to just presidential candidates.

I sincerely apologize to everyone for the error.

Jean-Pierre Rondot (J_R)
AMA 732
Old 10-06-2004, 04:56 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

While there is no "protected" forum for candidates other than those for AMA President this is nothing preventing the VP candidates from using this one to answer questions. Tony at least has made his presence known here. So if you have questions for him, ask him.

S
Old 10-06-2004, 12:39 PM
BillHarris

Marc did say _candidates_, but OTOH, only Mathewson has taken him up on his offer, and Stillman has otherwise been available here, so we have the best of the best.

--Bill Harris

"Dave Brown, step down"
Old 10-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Default Mac Hodges recommends . . . . Tony

From the B-29/X-1 guy who's demos have thrilled modelers at major modeling events throughout the southeast for several years.

Greetings From Hodges Hobbies;

You should be receiving your AMA renewals any day now. Along with your
renewal you will receive a AMA election ballot. In District 5 we are charged
with electing a new vice president. I ask you to consider Tony Stillman for
this important position. Not only is Tony a super nice guy, but he is
definitely the best qualified candidate and has the experience to make an
excellent VP. Go to http://webpages.charter.net/nneville/nneville/index.htm
to view Tony's qualifications and his views for our future. His campaign
statement also accompanies the membership renewal and ballot.
And be sure to detach your ballot and mail separately. Do not return with
your renewal.

Thanks, Mac
Old 10-06-2004, 08:04 PM
J_R

Hi Red and Nick

How about if we start a thread for each candidate that appears to have some type of representation in this forum. We could ask that commentary be held to a dull roar and ask the normal AMA forum moderators to keep an eye on the threads. PERHAPS, we could get Marc to make them into stickies. Nick, you can represent Judi, unless of course, she chooses to represent herself, as you said you would. Tony can represent himself. Frank Ponteri is about and can represent Andy Argenio if he so chooses. One seperate thread for each candidate. That allows others to join later if they choose, and have their threads put up with stickies.

You guys are moderators. What do you think? Can you get Marc to go along?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:07 AM
BillHarris

I'm having 10,000 printed up, marked for DB and sent to Muncie. Lets see if they dump them this time.

NO! This time they WILL count the misdirected votes and we'll be saddled with this buffoon for another term.

Vote the bums out.

--Bill
Old 10-08-2004, 03:30 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Red and Nick

How about if we start a thread for each candidate that appears to have some type of representation in this forum. We could ask that commentary be held to a dull roar and ask the normal AMA forum moderators to keep an eye on the threads. PERHAPS, we could get Marc to make them into stickies. Nick, you can represent Judi, unless of course, she chooses to represent herself, as you said you would. Tony can represent himself. Frank Ponteri is about and can represent Andy Argenio if he so chooses. One seperate thread for each candidate. That allows others to join later if they choose, and have their threads put up with stickies.

You guys are moderators. What do you think? Can you get Marc to go along?

Any word on this JR?
Old 10-08-2004, 03:40 PM
J_R

Not one word. That does not surprise me.

It does surprise me that no one has asked Tony a question.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:04 PM
abel_pranger

<snip>

It does surprise me that no one has asked Tony a question.
JR-

Think 'self-evident truths'

Abel