Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Request from Dave Mathewson

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Request from Dave Mathewson

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:31 AM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Request from Dave Mathewson

I recieved the following from Dave Mathewson. In looking through my address book, I actually found a couple of names of AMA members that I had not contacted about the election. Just takes a few minutes:

As the campaign season for AMA President draws to a close I'm writing to thank everyone who has
supported me for the time and effort you've put in on my behalf. With a little over a week until ballots
must be in the mail the perception is that we may come up a bit short.

As in virtually any campaign name recognition plays a huge role in the outcome. I believe this is a factor
here. Tradition in an AMA election is that many of our members either choose not to vote, or vote for the
incumbent primarily because they recognize his or her name.

I'm asking for your help in making one last attempt to reach out to these members. Please consider
sending an email to your modeling friends in your address book, especially including members of your
club who are true sport modelers and make up the vast majority of our membership. Ask them to visit
my website at www.mathewson4pres.com. Please ask them, if they like what they see, to consider
supporting me not only with their vote but by forwarding your email to their modeling friends. By doing
this I believe we can reach many members who have not yet exercised their right to vote. It's important
to point out in your email that ballots need to be postmarked by no later then next Friday, November 12,
2004 and will only count if they're mailed to the address on the front of the ballot. Renewing your AMA
membership for 2005 is not required to vote.

Regardless of the outcome I want to thank you for your help. It's a nice feeling to have so many friends
who have enough confidence in me to support my effort to lead AMA.

See you somewhere soon,
Dave Mathewson
Old 11-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Hal deBolt

Default RE: Request from Dave Mathewson

Hi ya.ll,
Perception suggests all our and Dave's effort may be in vain?
Another term for this adminstration? BAD?
As Dave asks, lets see if we can wake up even more???
Help, help!

Hal debolt
Old 11-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Jim Messer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have done all that I can do down here to get Dave M. elected. I would guess that 100% of our club voted for him. Have also sent E-mails to a lot of others, and knowing the large list of notables that are supporting Dave, and doing the same thing, I would expect that he will win. Now then, having said that, how would one know as of this date how the votes are coming in, and who for? Aren't the votes supposed to be collected and counted by a third party? Does Dave Brown, or anyone else at AMA have access to that count from day to day?

What is Dave Mathewson's perception based on, or is it just a "gut feeling"?

Keep the faith: Dave Mathewson will win.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:42 PM
CDignition
My Feedback: (9)

IS there any real data to support the "Consensus"??.. OR a gut feeling??..
Old 11-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I wonder what the distribution was for the votes.
How did he do out west!
Old 11-05-2004, 10:43 AM
SSRCCPREZ

Ummm here is what I know.....
The third party handling the voting and ballot tally id hired by the AMA. I have been told by two people inside the AMA and three outside that anyone high ranking in the AMA can essentially see how the tally is going so far and see early tally results. Whatever the outcome of the election the only people who will be surprised at the results are us, because we will be the last to know and are the only group that does not have the insight into the results as others do.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I do see why it can't be posted as a daily/weekly update on the AMA website
Old 11-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Dave Mathewson

Let me try to clear up some confusion here. My perception of how the AMA Presidential campaign is going is based solely on conversations I’ve had with a few other VP’s who have informally asked members in their districts at the various events they attend how they were voting. As far as I know, nobody has any access at all to the ballots that are sent to the auditors and, in fact, it’s my understanding that the counting of ballots count doesn’t even begin until the close of the election period.
Dave
Old 11-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Jim Messer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave: Thanks for that input. You certainly have the backing from this area, and I know that in the north-east nobody else stands a chance.