Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA rule?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA rule?

Man I thought this was a troll but looks like it may be a mess. Be carefull what takes place at the meeting and make sure of the facts and run it like a meeting not a free for all or things could get worse!

[8D]
Old 01-12-2005, 06:31 PM
SSRCCPREZ

Good Advice RC Outlaw,

use robert's rules or some other form of rules of order. It is messes like this that can kill a club fast. Especially if things are not adequately resolved.

P.S. NAme the thief!!! we will take care of jim...OUT THE THIEF, and send out his e-mail
Old 01-12-2005, 08:18 PM
SoonerAce
My Feedback: (1)

Official Academy of Model Aeronautics National Model Aircraft Safety Code, Effective January 1 2005:

General: Item 6:: I will not fly my model aircraft unless it is identified with my name, address, or AMA number, inside OR affixed to the outside of the model aircraft. This does not apply to model aircraft flown indoors.

If I find a car in the woods that has the VIN and license plates removed, and I take it home, what crime am I guilty of?

Call law enforcement on the suspected thief.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:45 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In a lot of state, possibly possession of stolen property. In the model case under discussion, the finder apparently knew who owned the plane, and even saw the plane go in.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:24 AM
SSRCCPREZ

I goofed a little in my last response. I made a statement "name the thief, out JIM" I meant to say "OUT HIM", sorry Jim.
However, it has long been my experience that if several of us who read these forums sent the thief an e-mail stating that we are aware of his theft, demand the return of the airframe and make the individual aware that he is not welcome at our clubs, and that we will be forwarding our concerns on to the AMA and local law enforcement.

This type of non bodily harm threatening, adult, professional communication will have a heck of an effect. Thieves rely on micro environments. In other words I steal from you maybe 20 people know. I go to the next club and they are unaware of my deeds. If in this case we destroy the micro environment, we then destroy the thief.

So with that, name the thief!!!!! Give us his e-mail....Heck I will call him live on the air on my show!!!!