Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need some opinions here.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Need some opinions here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Ione2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some opinions here.

Art,

I thought these quotes were fitting;

Ever notice that the people who are late are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.

Later,

Larry

[8D]

R.F.A.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:18 PM
ch3no2

back in the old days when i learned how to fly, i was not allowed off the buddy box until i could take off and land within 10 feet of the centerline of the runway, thats 20 feet, I also had to do this 5 back to back i was told the extra runway was for emergency situations only. it seems to me that if all rc fields would adopt this procedure, one we would have less accidents and two ama insurance would not cost as much..

wow what a novel idea.

would like to hear what you have to think !
wildman
Old 08-20-2005, 11:45 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

The runway that I learned on was about 26 X 240 and blacktop. It was plenty then it is more than I need now. I belong to two clubs now. Both have 50 X 600 grass runways and are completely ridiculous. You can almost land with your eyes closed. And almost no skill is demanded from the members and almost no skill is developed either. A smaller runway is always more fun. A smaller runway demands concentration and practice. At the sites where I have belonged with smaller runways, the locals practiced touch and goes a good deal of the time. Visitors generally required assistance or outright rescue. DO NOT BUILD YOUR RUNWAY FOR THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR. Take pride in your skill and promote the development of that skill in others. Challenge people and they will thank you.