Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

DVD NUmber Two

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

DVD NUmber Two

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 03:51 PM
bobfox
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD NUmber Two

I got (And paid for) the first AMA DVD because I watched it and thought it was worth the money. Heck, $9 is about the cost of an afternoon's fuel! I do agree that it should not have been sent to me without my requesting it. Well, I went ahead and told AMA to send me the next one.

Big mistake! The bill for the DVD is $19.95 and, adding insult to injury, the shipping and handling was $4.95 additional for a total of $24.90! I don't recall any mention of a price other than $9 with the first DVD, so either I missed it or I ASSumed that the price was the same. I really think it was the latter, as I certainly don't think they are worth $25- even with the free commerative coin! And let's face it, the S&H is just another name for "more profit". There's no way it costs $5 for shipping.

At least they had the sense to send a return mailing label, which I will use. If you are like me and assumed that the remainder of the series was also $9, guess again.

Sounds like AMA contracted Time/Life books for this project!

Old 07-10-2005, 08:01 PM
jbloom

Default RE: DVD NUmber Two

The coded message in the first mailing was in the statement regarding the subsequent DVD's being at "regular member price". They made no mention of the price. I called and asked about that and was told over the phone what the cost would be. And you're right about the shipping. The USPS will ship those all day long priority mail for $3.85. But, none-the-less, I signed up and am waiting for my 2nd DVD.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Capt. Nexstar

You won't like I bet, Mine is going back, not as good as the first.
My opinion.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:05 AM
MinotRich

You must be one of the "risk takers" Dave Brown was talking about this month. HAHAHA....
Old 07-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Mindwarp

You know I enjoyed the footage of the eTOC and the 'Extreme Flight Championships' was entertaining. However, I just can't justify spending $24 on what was essentially home video footage of various championships. I'm more than happy to keep receiving and reviewing the DVD's, but unless the price suddenly drops back down to $9 I don't see myself making any further purchases.

The collectors coins are nice and all, but if they want to send me coins I'd rather have 10-15 Susan B. Anthony's!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am right behind you guys. [sm=redface.gif] I was quite happy to pay $9 maybe even a little more but this is crazy[sm=greedy.gif] sad to say mine is going back.[]
Old 07-14-2005, 02:50 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

As P.T. Barnum once said "There is a sucker born every minute!"
Old 07-14-2005, 04:06 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

LOL
Old 07-16-2005, 12:37 AM
WingShot
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: MinotRich

You must be one of the "risk takers" Dave Brown was talking about this month. HAHAHA....
Hahaha, that's good...
Old 07-16-2005, 03:24 PM
DTB
My Feedback: (15)

I received my 2nd DVD last week. I was impressed with the new DVD, but highly disappointed with the new price as it has doubled. I can't justify it and pondering what I am going to do. A movie doesn't cost that much.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:16 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That was my big beef with this whole program. Not that they sent me the first one without my consent, but that after reading the fine print, they would stick me with all the following DVDs at an inflated price until I wrote a letter and made a phone call to cancel the subscription and sent back the DVDs.

I would have felt better if they laid out the shiiping schedule and the prices up front instead of waiting until after I commited to the program. Kinda lost my trust in the program from the git go.

Scott
Old 07-18-2005, 07:36 AM
Capt. Nexstar

"I was impressed with the new DVD"

DTB, you are kidding right? Thought the first one was great, but # 2 I slept thru most of it. I am disablity and I have a budget of 50.00 per month to fly on and buy junk with, I ani't payin that much for sure, I need nitro money, oh yeah balsa for crashin, which I just did. I told them not to send me anything not related to my membership.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:45 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

I sent mine back...
Old 08-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Mode One

I liked both of them and purchased both. I don't see any Model Airplane videos selling for much cheaper in any of the magazines, at $24.00. I understood how the deal worked and understand I can get out "NO COST" at anytime in the future! If they send me something I'm not interested in , I will send it back. I don't feel this thing is a scam. I haven't been "whistled" or "Suckered" out of a single penny! I think the AMA is trying this, in attempts to keep from raising dues in the near future.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:30 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd rather have a ModelSport video for that price!

Jerry
Old 08-07-2005, 12:58 PM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

Wow, Hey AMA,

The count is ONE that approves of your SCAM![>:]

Have you heard of a budget! Sometimes the budget must be lower than last year. Scamming members is a poor choice.

Reduce 50% of the fields you have now and Cut out all trips for staff. Tell us what the cost savings and maybe you will not need scams to raise money.

Crash99