Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

CowboyLifesaver

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

CowboyLifesaver

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 08:42 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CowboyLifesaver

ORIGINAL: tailskid

"
It was canceled due to rain and wind at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. I was the only one to show up so I won. Here's a pic of me four years ago and a pic of my winning plane. The pic of my plane is a post-crash pic( I recently had it colorized"

I would like to know why I wasn't invited to the 1897 TOC......it WAS by invitation only wasn't it?

I would like to know why I wasn't invited to the 1897 TOC......it WAS by invitation only wasn't it?

Jerry
They did not invite you because you were too OLD.
You missed a good one, Orville was torque rolling his Planiphore whilst atop a Wright unicycle. Good times!
Old 09-03-2005, 07:25 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Orville tried to hit me with his glider once, but there wasn't enough wind for him to say afloat.( that's when the powered glider idea came about) I was invited and the French King was invited, but that was about it.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:25 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Too old? I want you to know (according to my kids) that I'm older than dirt! And yes, I did discover fire and invented the wheel....I missed out on inventing the internet - darn

Jerry
Old 09-03-2005, 01:20 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

ET,
Do you feel better now that you told S-kickerbreathmint where to go? I suggest you try hitting your head against the wall because at least that will feel good when you stop. This advice goes double for trying to have a reasonable exchange with past EC member quiters who want another chance.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BB,
That was just plain mean. Right on target, but mean. Correct in all counts, but mean...

I like it.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Gee I feel famous. A Cowboy Lifesaver is also known as a bullfighter or rodeo clown. I risk my life to save the lives of people I probably wont ever see again. Literally taking the bull by the horns in most cases. People on the east coast won;t ever understand anything like that. Obviously. Guess it's wrong to try to help people now days. Oh well.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:11 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

BB,
That was just plain mean. Right on target, but mean. Correct in all counts, but mean...

I like it.
"If you don't have anything good to say about somebody, come sit by me." - Wheezer, in Steel Magnolias
Old 09-05-2005, 07:31 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: CowboyLifesaver

Gee I feel famous. A Cowboy Lifesaver is also known as a bullfighter or rodeo clown. I risk my life to save the lives of people I probably wont ever see again. Literally taking the bull by the horns in most cases. People on the east coast won;t ever understand anything like that. Obviously. Guess it's wrong to try to help people now days. Oh well.
I'll bet that Abel_pranger and EASYTIGER have no idea what a bull is.

Woops
Old 09-05-2005, 09:14 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: woops

I'll bet that Abel_pranger and EASYTIGER have no idea what a bull is.

Woops
Bad bet, Whoopie-

I owe a good part of my personal philosophy to a bull:

Two bulls are standing on top of hill overlooking a pasture full of cows below.

Young bull: "Let's run down the hill and do a couple of cows."

Old bull: "Let's walk down and do all of them."

Abel

Old 09-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Live Wire

woops
Had second thoughts
Old 09-05-2005, 09:42 PM
BasinBum

You make it sound like rodeo clowns rushed into the Towers on 9/11. Risking your life to save people who are endangering theirs on purpose while torturing dumb animals isn't heroic and you probably do it for the adrenalin rush anyways.

Bashing clubs and the AMA is helping people about as much as wearing a big red nose and floppy shoes while dragging some hayseed out from under a justifiably pissed off animal.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:16 AM
50%plane

woops
Had second thoughts
?
Bashing clubs and the AMA is helping people about as much as wearing a big red nose and floppy shoes while dragging some hayseed out from under a justifiably pissed off animal.
LOL why don't you find out what a rodeo clown is first.( by the way, hayseed would probably be planted and growing[not under a bull]).

Woops
Old 09-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

You make it sound like rodeo clowns rushed into the Towers on 9/11. Risking your life to save people who are endangering theirs on purpose while torturing dumb animals isn't heroic and you probably do it for the adrenalin rush anyways.

Someone is seriously misinformed. Do you wish PETA and AMA would join forces? (No I'm not bashing the AMA...sheesh) Animals are in no way tortured EVER. Wrong answer. Adrenalin rush....Wrong answer number two..... As for 9-11 you can bet your life that if any one of us had been there when the first plane hit, any one of us would have been in there before first responders even showed. While many others would have been running for their own selfish lives, we would have been risking ours. Which leads me to another comment I think the only people who think I am bashing clubs are the exact people I am talking about, that belong to those types of clubs. I like clubs and the AMA and think they are great. But only when the are exactly what they are meant to be. Not ruling leaders of the small piece of airfield, or the hobby in general. It's an RC field and a hobby not a nation for you to run your own little way. Be safe have common sense rules...etc, I agree with all that, but some people think I'm this no rules do what you want maniac. WRONG again. So anyone who wants go ahead and bash me personally that's fine by me. And I will enjoy my lil RC heaven, at least for a few more months............................................ .........then it's time to tie on the skis....lol
Old 09-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Daren Savage
My Feedback: (6)

Someone is seriously misinformed. Do you wish PETA and AMA would join forces? (No I'm not bashing the AMA...sheesh) Animals are in no way tortured EVER.
You're correct. Someone is misinformed. Tortured? No. Killed? Yes.

http://www.nationalreview.com/smithw...0507130830.asp
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DG11DC9BK1.DTL
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/press...fm/release/105
http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/archives/093118.php
http://www.theomnivore.com/PETA_kills_animals.html
http://www.ringling.com/weekly/EZine134af1.htm

By MATTHEW BARAKAT, Associated Press Writer
July 29, 2000

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - It may seem surprising that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals - a group that often comes to the defense of rats - euthanized more than 1,300 cats and dogs last year.

But PETA President Ingrid Newkirk says it was the only humane thing to do. Last year, the Norfolk-based animal-rights group took in 2,103 companion animals. It was able to find homes for 386, and put down 1,325. (Transfers and reclamations by owners accounted for most of the rest of the animals PETA took in.)
Daren
Old 09-07-2005, 11:55 PM
BasinBum

Jeez Daren...if it's on the Internet it must be true and you quoted some very highly regarded sources as well.

I never mentioned PETA or animal rights and only responded to the irony of Cowboy's "helping" post. From what I have read on RCU by him about the AMA and clubs he is mostly negative and not helping anyone in the hobby so telling us how he is such a caring person because he chooses to do what he does is funny to me.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:47 PM
rcmiket

All this time I thought PETA was People Eating Tasty Animals. Being a Meat Cutter by trade I figured I was getting my 15 seconds of fame. Damm. Mike
Old 09-08-2005, 07:09 PM
50%plane

All this time I thought PETA was People Eating Tasty Animals.
Who said it was anything different?

Woops
Old 09-08-2005, 09:08 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

The reason why endangered species are endangered is because they are so damned delicious!

I've been to a couple of rodeos. I'm not into PETA, and I'm okay with rodeos existing, but I don't kid myself, it's incredibly cruel, but part of human nature. But to each his own, me, I just had a steak, so I'm not going to call anybody out on teasing bulls and such, the bull MAY have lived, my steak is dead.

But anyway...what color lipstick to rodeo clowns wear nowadays?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:43 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

This thread has been ever enlightening about the aspects of the AMA. A Good job and a pat on the back goes to all the great ones that has made this possible.[:'(] You know who I am talking about! As usual you are full of it.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:04 AM
50%plane

But anyway...what color lipstick to rodeo clowns wear nowadays?
Do you have proof that you've been to a rodeo?
Old 09-09-2005, 11:17 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

This thread has been ever enlightening about the aspects of the AMA. A Good job and a pat on the back goes to all the great ones that has made this possible.[:'(] You know who I am talking about! As usual you are full of it.
I don't think this thread says anything enlightening about AMA, and I don't know who the "great ones" are, and I don't know who is full of it.

I do think Cowboy Lifesaver is okay, I think he got the message now that he was coming across as a constant club-basher, and he seems to understand why it is upsetting now. Clubs vary wildly, most are great, some suck.

I still think rodeos are cruel. I also think PETA sucks. I love animals and I want to see them protected, but I don't like extremists.

Do I have proof I have ever been to a rodeo? Yeah, I saved some bull crap that I scraped off the grounds. Here, have some.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:01 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

... I don't know who the "great ones" are, and I don't know who is full of it.

Yeah, I saved some bull crap that I scraped off the grounds. Here, have some.
Why are YOU so defensive?[X(]

You really didn't have to tell ME that you have bull crap to share! It is most evident I appreciate the thoughtfull offer tho but I will pass. Thanks just the same...
Old 09-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You really didn't have to tell ME that you have bull crap to share! It is most evident I appreciate the thoughtfull offer tho but I will pass. Thanks just the same...

Well said sir, very well said. In fact, I will second your comments...
Old 09-09-2005, 04:20 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

Well said sir, very well said. In fact, I will second your comments...
I'll third them.

Woops
Old 09-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Daren Savage
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Jeez Daren...if it's on the Internet it must be true and you quoted some very highly regarded sources as well.

I never mentioned PETA or animal rights and only responded to the irony of Cowboy's "helping" post. From what I have read on RCU by him about the AMA and clubs he is mostly negative and not helping anyone in the hobby so telling us how he is such a caring person because he chooses to do what he does is funny to me.
If you have something to rebut what I have presented, I would be glad to read it. Otherwise I might remind you of some other things that were "on the internet"...Drudge's article on Monicagate seemed to be true. Rather's Memogate story also broke "on the internent." This was on a blog; a questionnable source, so cannot possibly be true. Come back Dan!

Should we also discount all of the news (CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, et al) website stories because they're "on the internet?" Of course there's all of the websites about the weather. These too are "on the internet."

Then there's the USGS reports about the latest earthquakes recently here in California that must not really have happened because it is "on the internet."

Oh geez! I just looked and even PETA has a website "on the internet", so what they say must be bunk too. NASA's site "on the internet" must be junk science. Is there ANYTHING online we can believe?!

Since you bring it up, I don't eat vegatables because I love animals. I eat vegatables because I hate plants.

Daren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.