Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need Info Please

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Need Info Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 03:18 AM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Info Please

In regards to voting officials running, possibility of their views and beliefs for the modeling community were can I go to find all this pertinant info when deciding were and for whom to cast my vote please.

I am wanting to get more involved as a modeler in this gratifying sport. Will my vote make a difference? I would have to say yes, because if just a percentage of modelers I know and great individuals off this site takes the time to look over everything and decide who we want to represent us in the future.

Most all the members of our site are AMA members and our next meeting I will bring this matter forward to the members involved in AMA in AL. & southern areas. We do not always see eye to eye but when it comes to deciding about officials I take this matter seriously.

I have been reading all AMA matters from Nov. 2001 "New HQ's Building Dedication" issue of Model Aviation up to the last issues. Any extra info would be highly apprciated.
TY-HF-TC
Old 10-26-2002, 03:27 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need Info Please

Originally posted by Culverson
In regards to voting officials running, possibility of their views and beliefs for the modeling community were can I go to find all this pertinant info when deciding were and for whom to cast my vote please.

I am wanting to get more involved as a modeler in this gratifying sport. Will my vote make a difference? I would have to say yes, because if just a percentage of modelers I know and great individuals off this site takes the time to look over everything and decide who we want to represent us in the future.

Most all the members of our site are AMA members and our next meeting I will bring this matter forward to the members involved in AMA in AL. & southern areas. We do not always see eye to eye but when it comes to deciding about officials I take this matter seriously.

I have been reading all AMA matters from Nov. 2001 "New HQ's Building Dedication" issue of Model Aviation up to the last issues. Any extra info would be highly apprciated.
TY-HF-TC
Let's see now: 1. You have read the MAs for the past year. 2. You wish to get involved in the election processes. 3. Your profile states 15 years in RC.

Are you an AMA member? If so you recently received a membership renewal with a campaign statement sheet and ballot enclosed. In addition your Nov. '02 MA issue, pages 161-3 had those statements right there for you to read.
If you need more information, then please read all the appropriate messages on this and other forums, or contact the candidates.
If you are not an AMA member, it is rather late to do much this year, however grab an application and get involved. AMA politics can be as dirty as any you might think of. THE KITCHEN IS HOT, yet those that can tolerate heat are always welcome.

Good luck

Horrace Cain
AMA 539
Candidate, Executive Vice President, Academy of Model Aeronautics.