Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

ama dues

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 08:28 AM
merlin3
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ama dues

It has been at least 8 years since I have been a member of the ama. I am ready to join back up again as I want to join a local club. Will the ama pro-rate the dues for the rest of the year, or will they give me the rest of this year for free if I join for next year? If not I find it pretty stupid to pay $58 for 3 months of ama. Also is there a cheaper option for ama that does not include model aviation? thanks.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:13 AM
SSRCCPREZ

Default RE: ama dues

LOL,
The official AMA reply id please place your hands firmly on your ankles and try not to flinch!!!
Old 09-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Newc

I'd suggest chatting with AMA about this and perhaps you can get your 2006 dues paid and your card now since it's the renewal time of year right about now, and your local club will recognize this for their membership purposes. Mine always recognozes the next year's AMA membership as satisfactory. Also, if you do your transaction with AMA via fax they will send you a confirmatio fax the same day so you can take that to your club. Don't know if they do the same thing for electronic membership, but they probably do.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Mike001

Are you willing to wait a couple of weeks?

If AMA receives your membership ap after Oct 1 it is good for the following year, according to their application page:
"Membership ends each year on December 31, regardless of the date a member application is received. Applications received after October 1 will be valid for the remainder of that year and all of the following year."

Go to http://www.modelaircraft.org/preapp.aspx, then click on New membership, and then read the fine print at the bottom of the page.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:50 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: merlin3

If not I find it pretty stupid to pay $58 for 3 months of ama.
Just re-upped after a couple of years myself Merlin3....this is how it works this time of year...

They go ahead and enroll you for the full year of 2006, and "freebie" you in for the last of '05....still 58.00...but I got 15 months....not 3!

Far as I'm concerned, well worth it!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:24 PM
merlin3
My Feedback: (4)

kliff how did you get the rest of the year included, anything special you have to do or did you just do it online? Let me know and I guess I will go ahead and throw them some money. thanks.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:24 PM
tranker

Or get the trial membership for 19 dollars which will cover the rest of the year.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:38 PM
beelzebubishere

ORIGINAL: merlin3

kliff how did you get the rest of the year included, anything special you have to do or did you just do it online? Let me know and I guess I will go ahead and throw them some money. thanks.

Just submitted on-line app. last week, received card an explanation, decals, etc yesterday! Worked for me, no special request, nothing, just apply for new membership, pay the 58.00, and BAM!, you're in!