Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
 US teams vs ?????? >

US teams vs ??????

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

US teams vs ??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:02 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: US teams vs ??????

BTW, for the guy who thinks every American must be 100% American and not identifying at all with any other nationality... why is it then, that anytime anyone notices my accent and asks where I'm from (Scotland originally, though a proud US citizen now), a HUGE number of them immediately try to tell me about some 7th generation removed tie that their family has with some part of Europe ? For whatever reason they all seem to want to identify themselves not only as American, but American with various foreign roots ? I guess they somehow never got your memo about it being imperative to completely disown all foreign roots. Maybe you could send it out again ?
We dont have to send "the memo" out again...
Check the link to my citizenship, and immigration website. Here's the link.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/citizenship/becoming.htm

it quite clearly states:
"You must give up your allegiance to any other country."

It really concerns me that so many Americans lack a basic understanding of our country, its origins, beliefs, liberties, democracy, and their obligations to it.

There is however a difference between saying "I'm from Scotland" and "I'm Scottish" You sir, are an AMERICAN. You gave up being Scottish when you became a US citizen. Scottish is a country allegiance, not a race. Just like African, Mexican, Russian, Japanese, Chinese,Iraqi, Saudi Arabian, etc. is a country allegiance, and not a race.

I also have Scottish ancestry, but I am NOT Scottish!

"All men are created equal..." The US welcomes any race, and you still retain your race once you've become a citizen, but your allegiance to another country ceases once you become a US citizen.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:59 PM
My Feedback: (59)

bdavison is absolutely right. I'm 42 years old and i'll be damned if i'm gonna start calling the pine tree in my living room a HOLIDAY TREE out in public because it might offend someone, Or say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. I'm Christian as was the United States founders.. don't believe me read what it says on any US paper money.

On another note i have no problem with anyone wanting to better their lives by coming to the USA. what i have trouble with is that same person getting OFFENDED with what i was brought up with. e.g. Happy Holidays, Holiday Tree, Taking GOD OUT OF ANY EQUATIONS WHAT-SO EVER IN ANYTHING including Courtrooms, Courthouses, our Money and finally the Pledge of Allegiance.

edit: for misspelled words

Just my little take on it .
Merry Christmas,
John
Old 12-21-2005, 03:10 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Your post reminds me of something I saw on the Cirkus.

Woops

edited to remove link since it was taken down.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:16 PM

LOL wahoo...

Yeah...Merry CHRISTmas to all.

Oh and kids....Santa Claus isnt real...Ask your mommy.

Off topic, but.....
I sent a very nice CHRISTmas card to the ACLU with a picture of a nativity on the front, and inside I wrote "Jesus is the reason for the season, wishing you all a very Merry CHRISTmas"

MWUHAHAHAHA[>:] Oh man...stuff like that is soooooooo much fun. The hardest part was finding a christmas card with a nativity on the front...they are getting hard to find.

Incase you'd like to send them a card too...their address is :
ACLU National Headquarters
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York, NY 10004

That was a very good link. I agree 100%. I cant understand how we as Americans continue to let the 1% tell the other 99% how to do things. Well, I wont stand for it and neither should you. MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,MERRY CHRISTMAS.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too Quique. Hopefully Quique will post some videos online..watching him fly is fun. His ETOC flight was awesome.

Hey, your giving discounts to active duty and immigrants, what about veterans? I want one of the Aerofly Deluxe Pro outfits with a cable for a Futaba 9CAP. Got a new computer coming for CHRISTmas, and I want to run AFPD on it.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:16 PM

woops I like that one better.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:25 PM

Thanks Wahoo.
Off topic, but.....
I sent a very nice CHRISTmas card to the ACLU with a picture of a nativity on the front, and inside I wrote "Jesus is the reason for the season, wishing you all a very Merry CHRISTmas"

MWUHAHAHAHA Oh man...stuff like that is soooooooo much fun. The hardest part was finding a christmas card with a nativity on the front...they are getting hard to find.

Incase you'd like to send them a card too...their address is :
ACLU National Headquarters
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York, NY 10004
What a great idea. I think I'll do the same.

Woops
Old 12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: woops

Your post reminds me of something I saw on the Cirkus: http://www.flyingcirkus.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=114972
Oh god not that STUPID racist email spam claiming to be written by the Tampa Tribune newspaper. WHICH IS WAS NOT. That letter is full of inaccuracies and would have never been published by that newspaper.

Let's start with the first one and go down the list, for now we'll start with 4, let me know if you want to hear more:

Actually, we don't speak English. America has NEVER declared a national language.

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT Then why don't all Americans speak Navajo, Cheyenne, or Oneida. If ever an influx of immigrants destroyed a country's culture and heritage it was the Mayflower.

"in god we trust" originated after the civil war, because of religious fervor.

"one nation under god" was added during the 1950's as a statement against communism during the commie witch hunt years.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:44 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bdavison

BTW, for the guy who thinks every American must be 100% American and not identifying at all with any other nationality... why is it then, that anytime anyone notices my accent and asks where I'm from (Scotland originally, though a proud US citizen now), a HUGE number of them immediately try to tell me about some 7th generation removed tie that their family has with some part of Europe ? For whatever reason they all seem to want to identify themselves not only as American, but American with various foreign roots ? I guess they somehow never got your memo about it being imperative to completely disown all foreign roots. Maybe you could send it out again ?

it quite clearly states:
You seem to have a rather twisted interpretation of the word allegiance. Please show me where on the immigration website it explains that swearing allegiance to the US means you are not entitled to have a sticker of some other country's flag on your car.

Gordon

Old 12-21-2005, 04:09 PM

Well i'm not on here to debate any issues on politics..thats not why i joined RCU Dion.. i simply was wanting to get in touch with you about the fuse on my new Kat and looked where you posted last and it was in here. Before i looked at this thread i sent you a PM.

John
Old 12-21-2005, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Since you are the owner, you may want to think about what you say and how you say it. People like to do business with people that they like.
Thanks for the advice, point noted. Next time that I make a post I'll denounce my title of OMP owner so that I can join into the group discussion like "one of guys".

I hereby denounce my title as OMP owner for the following comment. I am now John Q. Citizen.

A guy that I know is, I believe, an American citizen, but he proudly flys the flag of his orgin. He is married to an American and has an American job and an American house. The reason he still flys his flag is because all/most of his family lives there. I agree that he isn't a full American(in heart), but I would put him at 99.5% American. STLPilot, would you like him to represent America?
I have a tatoo on my shoulder of my country of origin while I was representing my country in the Marine Corps, guess that makes me less then 100% American too? Who the heck are you to judge who is American and who is not?

I own a couple of RC planes decked out in my country of origin, even trimmed one out in their colors for AFP which several thousand people downloaded from our website. Does that make them less then 100% American to fly it? Heck, don't want to show you the bottom of the car .... it may give you a heart attack.
Ok, I hereby reinstate my title OMP owner again! BTW has everyone seen the new Katana EP RTF we just launched? Check it out!
I hereby denounce my title as FlyingThingZ owner for the following comment. I am now Spiro the GREEK.

I will be more than happy to show the bottom of the INDY CAR! ! !

Ok, I hereby reinstate my title FlyingThingZ owner again!

STLPilot,

I just applied to become one of OMP Dealers, and I will be more then Happy to start selling OMP products.

Spiro

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16280.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	373798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69144.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	373800  
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2005, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it quite clearly states:

Here was my favorite part of that site:

BEHAVIORS THAT MIGHT SHOW A LACK OF GOOD MORAL CHARACTER

• Persecuting someone because of race, religion, national origin, political opinion, or social group.

Maybe some of us good, God fearing, flag waving, non-Amurikun hatin' patriots should be at the very least what we expect from those that want to join us in our freedoms!!

Freedom does NOT mean being free to (literally or figuratively) kick the $h!t out of people that don't agree with you.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:24 PM
My Feedback: (8)

"All men are created equal..." The US welcomes any race, and you still retain your race once you've become a citizen, but your allegiance to another country ceases once you become a US citizen.
Yep, all men are created equal, but in all countries including the US; some are more equal than others!
The same applies to the US welcoming any race, as some are more welcome than others.
Not right, but that's just the way it is, and no, I don't care to live anywhere else.
This thread started out about US FAI team membership qualifications, and having been an FAI team member at three past World Championships, that's what attracted my interest.
Just look at the direction, or level, it has spun off into! Kinda scary!
You guys must not build model airplanes anymore, or have to much time on your hands.
Okay, maybe you've mixed part A epoxy with another equal amount of part A, and are on terminal hold. killing time at the computer, waiting for it to cure!
I'll go back to lurking now. Flame away, I must have said something unamerican.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: woops

Your post reminds me of something I saw on the Cirkus: http://www.flyingcirkus.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=114972
Oh god not that STUPID racist email spam claiming to be written by the Tampa Tribune newspaper. WHICH IS WAS NOT. That letter is full of inaccuracies and would have never been published by that newspaper.

Let's start with the first one and go down the list, for now we'll start with 4, let me know if you want to hear more:

Actually, we don't speak English. America has NEVER declared a national language.

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT Then why don't all Americans speak Navajo, Cheyenne, or Oneida. If ever an influx of immigrants destroyed a country's culture and heritage it was the Mayflower.

"one nation under god" was added during the 1950's as a statement against communism during the commie witch hunt years.
What a shame.[] I could sue the government for discriminating against me because I want to read the laws in latin.(a dead language BTW) (It was agreed by all the states that English would be the national language at a convention before America was free from Briton, I believe.)
What a dumb point.
It's still OUR national motto. Who cares how it was adopted.
Who cares?

I like this part the best(from the cirkus link I posted)
If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as
your new home.........because
God is part of our culture.

Sincerely,
Woops
Old 12-21-2005, 05:34 PM

STLPilot,
I just applied to become one of OMP Dealers, and I will be more then Happy to start selling OMP products.
Spiro
Woohoo! What a sales day so far. Thanks to the boycotters of OMP in this thread we hit a record sales day. I thank both the boycotters and the customers together, without you we would be nothing! Actually I was just kidding, but sales were not bad thanks to the new Katana V2 which is soon to be sold by FlyingThingZ.

I wonder how many customers of Bloomberg Investments boycotted Michael when he became the Republican Mayor of New York City. Seems like they are still going strong, in fact stronger then ever. Good goal to shoot for to be like him someday. Obviously it only goes to show you that people who can stand up and show what they stand for and believe in, still have the ability to earn the respect of their customers and their citizens/residents at the same time.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: bobwrc

Yep, all men are created equal, but in all countries including the US; some are more equal than others!
The same applies to the US welcoming any race, as some are more welcome than others.
Not right, but that's just the way it is, and no, I don't care to live anywhere else.
This thread started out about US FAI team membership qualifications, and having been an FAI team member at three past World Championships, that's what attracted my interest.
Just look at the direction, or level, it has spun off into! Kinda scary!
You guys must not build model airplanes anymore, or have to much time on your hands.
Okay, maybe you've mixed part A epoxy with another equal amount of part A, and are on terminal hold. killing time at the computer, waiting for it to cure!
I'll go back to lurking now. Flame away, I must have said something unamerican.
Actually, I do have a number of planes I'm building right now. You're right this thread has gone away from where it started, but that's the nature of this forum.

Woops
Old 12-21-2005, 06:00 PM

Phaedrus-MMVI,
When did I "kick the ***** out of someone that doesnt agree with me" or were you perhaps referring to my debating skills? As Ive said in previous posts. I welcome everyone from every nation into our country with no regard for race, religion, national origin, political opinion, or social group.....but I do expect that when they become citizens of the United States, they do it with FULL intentions of being a citizen and give up any and all loyalties, or allegience to another country. If you dont want to be considered an unloyal, unpatriotic un-american with an allegiance to another country....take the other country's flag off your car. Its a simple concept. BE an American 100% or dont be one at all.

Correct.
The words "In God We Trust" first appeared on the 1864 two-cent coin due to many requests that our country's new money exhibit something which would define our countries founding in Christianity. Secretary Chase wrote these words...
"No nation can be strong except in the strength of God, or safe except in His defense. The trust of our people in God should be declared on our national coins. "

Many people debate whether the United States was founded on Christian principles. Here are some quotes you wont find in any school textbook....the ACLU doesnt want to teach our children the truth....one more thing the 1% has told the other 99% to do.

William Livingston wrote "...it becomes the indispensable duty of these hitherto free and happy colonies, with true penitence of heart, and the most reverent devotion, publickly to acknowledge the over ruling providence of God"

In 1778 Continental Congress wrote
"...Whereas, Almighty God, in the righteous dispensation of his providence, hath permitted the continuation of a cruel and desolating war in our land; and it being at all times the duty of a people to acknowledge God in all his ways, and more especially to humble themselves before him when evident tokens of his displeasure are manifested; to acknowledge his righteous government; confess, and forsake their evil ways; and implore his mercy"

Washington (our first president, for those that dont know about the country they reside in) in his farewell address to the Continental Congress stated "I consider it an indispensable duty to close this last act of my official life by commending the interests of our dearest country to the protection of Almighty God, and those who have the superintendence of them to His holy keeping."

Benjamin Franklin once said "I have lived, sir, a long time, and, the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth--that God governs in the affairs of men."

Our own congress has a oath ""I, (insert name here) a Representative of the United States in the Congress thereof, do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) in the presence of Almighty GOD, that I will support the Constitution of the United States. So help me GOD."

In 1789 George Washington's Thanksgiving speech he stated "Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor, and Whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanks-giving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God"

There are many more....shall I continue? Really...this is a subject matter better suited for a different website.
This really has no place in this thread though, as RELIGION has no relation to the topic at hand, which I will remind everyone is
"Non-US citizens competing on the US team"

Well some of that statement is true. We have NEVER declared a national language....but.....

In order for you to become a US citizen, you must demonstrate knowledge of the english language....again....this has no relation to the topic of this thread. Although I would like to see more American's speaking English, it makes it so much easier to communicate.

Now...please...back to the topic...we've digressed into another.

I think Ive explained why I dont think there should be non-US citizens on the team, could some of you that disagree explain why you think we should let them on the team?

Old 12-21-2005, 06:06 PM

could some of you that disagree explain why you think we should let them on the team?
OMG where to begin. Let's see lets go for the "precedent" approach.

Because in many other professional and non professional International sports/events/challenges where USA is represented, allow it. What makes the NATS so damn special?

So thus you have precedent.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:28 PM

could some of you that disagree explain why you think we should let them on the team?
OMG where to begin. Let's see lets go for the "precedent" approach.

Because in many other professional and non professional International sports/events/challenges where USA is represented, allow it. What makes the NATS so damn special?

So thus you have precedent.
Can you post links supporting your claim?

Sincerely,
Woops
Old 12-21-2005, 07:46 PM

Here is some food for thought.

US Olympic Teams
"In order to compete in the Qualifying Tournament or U.S. Trials, athletes must be citizens of the United States and eligible under the rules of the International Olympic Committee." Right off the US Olympic Team website. This pertains to ALL Olympic level sports from Baseball to Fencing, to the Bobsleds.

Hmm....how about something more related to Flight.

Perhaps the US National Aerobatic Championships.
Per their rules. "U.S. National titles,trophies, awards, and medals will only be awarded to pilots of U.S. citizenship"
Interestingly enough...they will allow non-US citizens to compete, but they would "create" a special non US trophy for them, and their scores cannot be counted towards a Team trophy" To date I know of no non-US competitors. Basically the way they worded it was "Sure you can compete, but your scores wont count for diddly". Nice politically correct way of saying "NO". After all what pilot is going to spend his hard earned money going to the US nationals if there's no way he can win it.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:36 PM

Actually, we don't speak English.
Then what language do we speak? What language do you write? What language would you prefer?

Sorry, I couldn't resist
Woops
Old 12-21-2005, 09:28 PM

Since I spurred the recent upswing in sales at OMP, I would like the commission due to me sent to the Team USA FAI fund.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:30 PM

Nice Plug Spiro the Greek. I took notes on that one!!

Tim
www.Copperheadaviation.com
I just applied to become one of OMP Dealers as well!!
Old 12-21-2005, 09:39 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think that he is 99.5% American, I was using similar criteria to what you were using for QQ. I'm sorry that I didn't make that clear. I guess my question to you is would you want someone (such as QQ) who isn't a full American,(based on what I know and your number of 99.5%) or a person who may not be fully committed to America?(such as the guy that I mentioned) Would you take both? Also, would you support me wanting to buy Christophe's talent for the next FAI F3A worlds? Why or why not?
Listen dude, next time you meet a person who is a legal resident or working on getting their green card, ask them what it takes not only just to live in this country on a work or school visa, but just be able to get here for more then a vacation visa and keep legal status.

I mean do you know a single person who falls under this criteria? It's work and it's a lot of work, I mean almost every day work, paper work, phone calls, interviews, background checks and much more. So these people that are trying to stay here and prosper or trying to stay here just to have a job ARE FULLY COMMITED.
I know several and it's nowhere near as much work as you say.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: YNOT
Since I spurred the recent upswing in sales at OMP, I would like the commission due to me sent to the Team USA FAI fund.
Wow you got your sense of humor back, I knew it was in you. Jeez man ... it's only a debate, nothing to throw your planes in the trash for! Welcome back!

US Olympic Teams
True, we've talked about this one before. 2750 years ago when they laid out the rulebook for the Olympics they decided on keeping the games as Nationalized as possible. And since it's very traditional and EXTREMELY political, I agree the Olympics should be played as the traditions began. After all if the shoe fits ....

But now it's 2006 and many things have changed. We now wear clothes in most competitive sports. Strange but true.

Perhaps the US National Aerobatic Championships.
True about some things you said. They are allowed to compete. They are not allowed to win the USA National trophy, but they do have their own trophy if they do. They are also allowed to qualify for the International competitions representing the USA team.

You know if you want to start debating on which sports/competitions do allow it and ones that don't why don't we start off with a very modern competition, something opposite of the Olympics, which is taking the world by storm and has a viewer audience with that of the Super Bowl, heck even the name of the competition is American. It's American Idol. You must be a citizen or a legal resident compete and between the ages of 16 and 28. It's funny how times change ... isn't it?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: CopperheadAV

Nice Plug Spiro the Greek. I took notes on that one!!

Tim
www.Copperheadaviation.com
I just applied to become one of OMP Dealers as well!!
Gee whiz, we're all getting along again

Hey Tim,

It's the Mad Greek now

Spiro

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.