Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
 Moderators: >

Moderators:

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Moderators:

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Moderators:

Is this the bickering that has always gone on about the AMA ?
--- I just send the money in and try to avoid hitting people and property damage.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:10 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moderators:

There will always be a few individuals who will complain about everything, resist any attempts at organization, and think they can do better on their own. In the end, they are probably better off left on their own, unless they do something stupid that puts others at risk, or endangers other people's ability to enjoy their hobby.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:45 PM
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cyclops2 and piper chuck. You know that's one of the few things on the ama discussion list that has made sense and i agree with. Just wait a week heck maybe only fifteen minutes and some one or group will ***** all about it though. Anyways Happy New Year. Charging up my float plane to fly off the snow today. You guys in the warm weather just don't know what your missing trying to clean 30 degree castor oil off the side of a plane.

Dennis
Old 12-31-2005, 12:49 PM
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just noticed north dakota. phew all i know about north dakota is on the weather channel negative fifty degrees. nope not for me. probably 30 degrees would be a heat wave.

Dennis
Old 12-31-2005, 07:08 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Plenty of RCers can find fault with AMA and there are always some who do. I first joined AMA in 1936. Cost me a buck. Dropped out when a B-24 with my name on it was sent to Italy. Since I rejoined some time ago, and started RC, I've come to appreciate what they've done if only in the way of RC frequencies. I personally disagree with the Muncie location but support the idea of preserving the history of model aviation. Been modeling since '34, first engine in '36. AMA isn't perfect, far from it, too many politicians, which I gather is a penalty of having such large organization. As long as AMA contributes a bit to modeling I'll stay. I'll still retain my *****ing priveleges but won't campaign for change unless there is a benefit in it for all members.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:50 PM

Stepfather was a ballturret (belly) gunner in a B-24 coming out of north Africa. Called the B-24 the triple threat bomber. He said first we bomb them, then we straife them, then we fall on them! Was shot down two times. First time he made it out in a month. Second time he got the POW treatment for six months. He was 6'-3".
Old 12-31-2005, 08:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought ball gunners HAD to be short as hell to see and shoot. Or was he in the retractable turrets?
Old 12-31-2005, 08:08 PM
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: d_bodary

cyclops2 and piper chuck. You know that's one of the few things on the ama discussion list that has made sense and i agree with. Just wait a week heck maybe only fifteen minutes and some one or group will ***** all about it though. Anyways Happy New Year. Charging up my float plane to fly off the snow today. You guys in the warm weather just don't know what your missing trying to clean 30 degree castor oil off the side of a plane.

Dennis
Awww shucks. Happy new year to you too. FYI, I do know what it's like to clean 30 degree castor oil off a plane, and I don't miss it one bit.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cyclops2

--- I just send the money in and try to avoid hitting people and property damage.

Why is this thread titled "Moderators" when you have nothing to say or ask about Moderators?
Old 12-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

ORIGINAL: cyclops2

Why is this thread titled "Moderators" when you have nothing to say or ask about Moderators?
some just swallow the hook, line and sinker but you swallowed the pole!

happy new year everyone!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:29 PM
My Feedback: (2)

... Why is this thread titled "Moderators" when you have nothing to say or ask about Moderators?
There are unknown unknowns ... [>:]
Old 01-12-2006, 09:19 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Moderators,
Please get in touch with me regarding my ad. Look at the reply I got from a suspended member. The ad is for a delta wing gas whiplash airplane #160149.