Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 02:38 PM
YNOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

As I was watching CNN, they are talking about a figure skater that will be allow to become a citizen faster so they can compete in the Olympics because she has !QUOT!Exceptional!QUOT! skills.

I think QQ will fall under the same situation.

I am sure JR will find the law for us, this is all I could find. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
Old 12-31-2005, 04:22 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

IMPEACH HIM
I thought we elected a better president that wouldn't compromise on values, but I guess he isn't nearly as great as I thought he would be. I wonder what Gore would have done better.[:@]
I think that the only exception for easier citizenship should be if you're willing to serve in the U.S. Military. If these people aren't willing to give their lives for this wonderful American freedom, Why wouldn't they try to use their skills for easy access to the heartland of America. In this situation, I think, WWOD.(What Would Osama Do)

Woops
Old 12-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seeing that Crotch-Shot, Slick Willie would have ordained her a citizen at once and demanded an audience in the oval office for a "briefing".
Old 12-31-2005, 10:24 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Seeing that Crotch-Shot, Slick Willie would have ordained her a citizen at once and demanded an audience in the oval office for a "briefing".
LOL[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Very true.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:36 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 84 Likes on 74 Posts

to hell with slick and w, i feel that something has arisen here that i MUST discuss with this enlightened former canadian
Old 01-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Trisquire

Canada traditionally has better ice dancers than the US does. There was a French/Canadian dance team in the late 80s/early 90s that never got the opportunity to make it to the Olympics representing Canada. They took advantage of their heritage and represented France instead. France is weaker in ice dance so the couple made it to the Olympics.

Once there, the brother and sister team established a reputation for being one of the most innovative pairs in ice dance history.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Trisquire

A bit more on Tanith from a friend:

Tanith was sworn in as a citizen last Friday..... all of the "non-citizens" have now received citizenship...

There were four or five male partners last year ineligible for the Olympics, as well as Tanith. All have been resolved. The legislation that was signed didn't favor her, it granted citizenship to all those in her category who had a longer wait when they applied than is now standard. She was being treated (along with Junior world champ Matthew Zavoznin) according to laws in effect when she applied. People who applied much later already have citizenship as the laws have changed.

The mother of one of the American/American teams wrote a letter to Hilary Clinton (as her senator) to not push Americans off in favor of those who don't yet have citizenship.. ESPN covered the story during the Grand Prix Final and it is included in the rebroadcasts that include the Free Dance. The team was Loren Galler-Rabinowitz and her partner (it was HIS mother). They handled it really well and said that it was her right to express her disappointment at the situation and that they personally have no intentions of making any effort to block Tanith's citizenship quest.

They did stand the most to lose -- in 2004 they were third. Last year he had a shoulder injury so they didn't compete. Now a whole boatload of teams are eligible...
Old 01-10-2006, 08:06 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

The funny thing is that the appropriations bill was not put on the floor by Bush nor was it ever his idea. It was only signed by Bush after it was pushed through the house committee by congress, YOUR REPRESENTATIVES WROTE THE BILL, THEN it was approved by the house, THEN finally signed into law by the President.

Presidents don't have the power to write bills and approve them with a swift stroke of the pen like some of you think. Just like Bush didn't vote to get the war in Iraq started either, he moved on the vote by the Senate and House. Read The Constitution and will state that the President basically has the power to do nothing without approval from Legislative or Judiciary branch. And as far as "what Gore would have done", prolly nothing like any other Democratic President. Just sit on his butt and campaign for 4 years for the next election like the rest of them.

So who do we Impeach now? The President or Congress?

Sometimes you need to read a little deeper in the headlines of things you read before you start bashing on YOUR PRESIDENT. The press has a funny little way in getting "typical America" all shaken up by writing things that will make controversy instead of outlining the details. Obviously they were successful again, hence this thread popped up.

Those people on the USA figure skating team are able to compete in International competitions for the USA! Terrific law, much like the same one that speeds it up for military personnel. That puts athletes and soldiers on the same political and socioeconomic level doesn't it? Sure seems like Congress thinks so.

As far as getting QQ as citizen for competitions it's not going to be that easy since F3A doesn't have 1/100th the political or populus power that figure skating has. Figure skating is always one of the top 3 US broad-casted and locally attended event at every winter Olympics.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:03 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

The funny thing is that the appropriations bill was not put on the floor by Bush nor was it ever his idea. It was only signed by Bush after it was pushed through the house committee by congress, YOUR REPRESENTATIVES WROTE THE BILL, THEN it was approved by the house, THEN finally signed into law by the President.

Presidents don't have the power to write bills and approve them with a swift stroke of the pen like some of you think. Just like Bush didn't vote to get the war in Iraq started either, he moved on the vote by the Senate and House. Read The Constitution and will state that the President basically has the power to do nothing without approval from Legislative or Judiciary branch. And as far as "what Gore would have done", prolly nothing like any other Democratic President. Just sit on his butt and campaign for 4 years for the next election like the rest of them.

So who do we Impeach now? The President or Congress?

Sometimes you need to read a little deeper in the headlines of things you read before you start bashing on YOUR PRESIDENT. The press has a funny little way in getting "typical America" all shaken up by writing things that will make controversy instead of outlining the details. Obviously they were successful again, hence this thread popped up.

Those people on the USA figure skating team are able to compete in International competitions for the USA! Terrific law, much like the same one that speeds it up for military personnel. That puts athletes and soldiers on the same political and socioeconomic level doesn't it? Sure seems like Congress thinks so.

As far as getting QQ as citizen for competitions it's not going to be that easy since F3A doesn't have 1/100th the political or populus power that figure skating has. Figure skating is always one of the top 3 US broad-casted and locally attended event at every winter Olympics.
'bout time you wrote something that I can agree with.

Woops
Old 01-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Trisquire

Old 01-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Matt Kirsch

I got one word for ya: Veto.

He didn't. 'Nuff said.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:02 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: Matt Kirsch

I got one word for ya: Veto.

He didn't. 'Nuff said.
In case you missed the network coverage of the last qualifying competition last nite, Tanith is going to the Olympics to represent the USA.

'Nuff said.

Abel
Old 01-16-2006, 04:42 PM
DanSavage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's an Executive Order?

What legal weight does it carry?

What privledges does the War Powers Act OF 1973 grant to the President?

Dan
Old 01-16-2006, 05:04 PM
STLPilot

- An immediate order by the President that becomes law. But, the legislative branch can still over turn any Executive order.

- Don't understand.

- Not a whole lot. The President still must consult with Congress. It does give the President more power, but never absolute.

I can't think of a single thing that gives the President absolute power. If you can please let me know.

Either way our President had almost nothing to do with the immigration bill that was signed into law for Tenith Belbin. Congress proposed and drew up the entire bill and voted on it. Then the President signed it into law after the majority House vote. A couple people in this thread, or at least one made the President seem like he was and I quote "a president that wouldn't compromise on values" when he had nothing to do with the proposal until it came to him to sign off on what was already voted on by the House. Bottom line is that more then 50% of the House that voted wanted her to citizenship expidited to skate for the USA.

Another fine example of the media making the people think that it was the President's fault once again ... when it wasn't. I don't expect the media to outline every headline because every buck does stop with the President, even hurricanes! What I don't really like when I read comments like was written above, due to ignorance, about my President.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:58 PM
DanSavage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- An immediate order by the President that becomes law. But, the legislative branch can still over turn any Executive order.
Executive orders are rarely overturned by Congress.

- Don't understand.
Sorry for being oblique. Only meant to point out that an executive order carries as much legal weight as does any law written by Congress or ruling issued by a Judge.

As Paul Begala once was quoted as saying, "Stroke of the pen, law of the land. Kinda Cool."

- Not a whole lot. The President still must consult with Congress. It does give the President more power, but never absolute.
Never said it was absolute. Only pointing out that Congress ceded some of it's war-making power to the President and in the process reduced it's own while increasing the Presidency's.

Either way our President had almost nothing to do with the immigration bill that was signed into law for Tenith Belbin.
Of course Bush is at fault.

Who signed the bill into law?

Did someone force him to sign it?

He signed the bill and did so of his own free will, therefore is as responsible for this bill becoming law as those who wrote it.

As the Chief Executive, he's not supposed to simply rubber-stamp what Congress does, even if 100% of the House wants him to do it.

It's known as "Seperation of Powers".

What I don't really like when I read comments like was written above, due to ignorance, about my President.
Without getting too far afield of this topic of discussion, what do you think of your President's Social Security Totalization Agreement with Mexico?

Paying Journalists/Columnists to write articles/columns that favor your President?

Directing the HHS to produce propaganda thinly disguised as 'video news reports' in order to pass his Medicare drug benefit?

How's he doing securing our southern borders?

Old 01-19-2006, 05:10 PM
STLPilot

Executive orders are rarely overturned by Congress.
Do you mean only ones introduced by Republican Presidents?

But the President signed on what Congress supported! The posters above were slamming the President for "values" without ever realizing that their own representatives drew up, supported and voted on the bill. C

Without getting too far afield of this topic of discussion, what do you think of your President's Social Security Totalization Agreement with Mexico?
Of course I support it and Congress will have to support it as well. You don't think that supporting the countries that border us will make the USA more secure? I mean after all, all the lefties are crying China as world superpower in 10 years. It's rather important to make sure you neighbors will support you once China becomes the new world leader. I mean we have 230 years of democracy under our belt. When China tries to take over it's going to get a little sticky.

Paying Journalists/Columnists to write articles/columns that favor your President?
I'm sure that's a first.

Directing the HHS to produce propaganda thinly disguised as 'video news reports' in order to pass his Medicare drug benefit?
Not up to speed enough to comment.

You mean from the deadly Mexicans that sneak into this country to work? Can't wait to see what the next President does about it. Didn't see Clinton do too much about it either. That border has been pretty wide open ever since the days of Columbus. Best way to fight it is to support Mexico.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:25 PM
50%plane

You mean from the deadly Mexicans that sneak into this country to work? Can't wait to see what the next President does about it. Didn't see Clinton do too much about it either. That border has been pretty wide open ever since the days of Columbus. Best way to fight it is to support Mexico.
STLPilot, I think you need to do a little research there. For one thing, it's in bin Laden's playbook for how to get into America.(United States of America) Clinton didn't have a major terrorist attack(a small one, but was too busy with an intern at the time) that killed thousands of Americans and was also aimed at him. Also, American(U.S.A.) Border patrol officials have caught arabs trying to get across the border.(we don't know if they were terrorist or not as the American(U.S.A.) government hasn't released the details)

Woops
Old 01-19-2006, 07:29 PM
STLPilot

Thanks for the current events Woops. We can go on with this debate for weeks about Mexicans, but in the end you won't see the big picture.

Just like the terrorist look at the big picture. They take years to build up their cells (during Clinton administration) then they attack hard.

Business people like myself are people of vision, not what needs to be fixed right now. You work on 5 year and 10 year+ plans to fix things. Bush's policy towards immigrants and most everything he does is for the future, not for today. He doesn't dilly dally and he doesn't care about polls, he gets things done.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:34 PM
50%plane

Thanks for the current events Woops. We can go on with this debate for weeks about Mexicans, but in the end you won't see the big picture.

Just like the terrorist look at the big picture. They take years to build up their cells (during Clinton administration) then they attack hard.

Business people like myself are people of vision, not what needs to be fixed right now. You work on 5 year and 10 year+ plans to fix things. Bush's policy towards immigrants and most everything he does is for the future, not for today. He doesn't dilly dally and he doesn't care about polls, he gets things done.
WOW[X(] We can agree. Shut the borders down and you will prevent terrorist attacks that will come in 5 to 10+ years down the road.

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 05:41 AM
STLPilot

Shut the borders down .... great plan. You think there is a switch that can be thrown and a wall rises across Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California?

Is there anything better you can come up with or is it just go against everything the President does wrong?
Old 01-20-2006, 07:19 AM
50%plane

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 07:26 AM
STLPilot

Right ... then why don't you explain your plans. I for one am all ears. Kerry had lots of plans too, I was all ears then too, but it was always so quiet.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:54 AM
50%plane

Put a lot more people on the boarder and continue using the predators to spot people trying to come across. Hand out higher penalties for those breaking our laws and not respecting our national sovereignty. Also put up a real fence.

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 08:07 AM
STLPilot

What would be the higher penalties? You want to put them in our jails? Fine them? Public spankings? By all means please explain this one.

More people on the border? How many per mile? The border is 2000 miles. Thats about the same from LA to Chicago. Sounds like a lot of people to me.

What fence? Chain link? Wall? So what your saying is that we become the new Berlin? Do you understand anything about politics?

I guess whatever plan Clinton put in place for the border didn't have a huge impact into the Bush administration, did it or did I miss something?
Old 01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
50%plane

What would be the higher penalties? You want to put them in our jails? Fine them? Public spankings? By all means please explain this one.

More people on the border? How many per mile? The border is 2000 miles. Thats about the same from LA to Chicago. Sounds like a lot of people to me.

What fence? Chain link? Wall? So what your saying is that we become the new Berlin? Do you understand anything about politics?

I guess whatever plan Clinton put in place for the border didn't have a huge impact into the Bush administration, did it or did I miss something?
I would like to see them work with out pay repairing roads, picking up trash and anything else that we would normally pay to have done until for three days for a first offence and a week for the second. This would help pay for the services of shiping them back.
There should be 1 person per mile with an extra ten people waiting every 10 miles to help if there was any need. Not just our southern border, but also our northern boarder. (we should also monitor the coast with predators)
For the fence, I think that we need an 8 foot tall fence with barbed wire on top. If someone were to try to cross, they wouldn't be able to say that they just wondered over the border.(this is opposed to no fence which we have in many areas along the border)
As far as Clinton goes, he is a disgrace to the high office of the President of the United States of America.

Woops

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.