Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Steve Kaluf and the AMA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Steve Kaluf and the AMA

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 02:42 AM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steve Kaluf and the AMA

Maybe Steve should apply for that $45-60k job,
sounds like a sweet gig
Old 09-01-2007, 08:12 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

I'm falling way behind on this discussion - bear with me, I have a life.

Do you remember a post by Bill Oberdieck to this forum a few years ago that addressed the subject of AMA member's rights? Tried to find it, but apparently didn't happen on to the key search term(s).

Anyway, it was not well received, but he may have had it right in the sense of reality vs. "Its your organization!" sales tripe. What you are saying paraphrases his words, so you may be right as well.
Wish I could find that post.........as he is running for AMA prexy and has declined to discuss his positions in the forums, it seems like something those that will vote should take into consideration re where he stands.
Well membership rights are clearly stated in the bylaws. Received well or not well doesn't matter, if you don't respect corporate bylaws, it's your problem, not theirs. If these guys want some kind of answer, they can get it if they know how to read.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:59 AM
KidEpoxy

Read?
Read what?

Go ahead & put up the official answer & cite source.
You say there is something we should read, quote it so we can read it.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:53 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_proof

http://goosetheantithesis.blogspot.c...-negative.html

In this case we CAN obtain proof, or show that no such proof exists...

Absolutely laughable...what a hoot! Hmmm...keep on scouring the internet to bolster my point and while you are at it, find some more satirical essays that you can take stock in or convice others with. ROTFLMAOWPIMP...

Yes your reality is subjective...out of all the sign lines on RCU ever, yours most accurately depicts you.

If only my sign line was “I read it on the internet it must be true†you and STL would be very convincing but since that isn’t the case…. The challenge is still the same for you and STL and any other…prove what you say…Smoke by pointing to obscure internet materials is not acceptable and really quite pathetic. A sure sign of a weak position in this debate.

Now, as far as another comment you made; No one suggests that personal info be given to explain SK termination.

All the crap you and STL throw up to see if it will stick is getting really old.

Steve came into this forum with his first hand account and it is paramount/most believable/most likely/well spoken/rings true/makes sense/ and is thus far uncontested.

Get over it…you and STL have 0 (zero)
Old 09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf
Get over it…you and STL have 0 (zero)
But at least we've got the answers which you can't seem to get.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:51 PM
KidEpoxy

no, you have gossip.
the answers we cant get are official.

That is what we want, have someone give the official stand... other than the official Gag & Leak
Old 09-01-2007, 03:25 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Well membership rights are clearly stated in the bylaws.
Well Dion, the Bylaws do mix hyperbole and reality, so 'clearly' doesn't seem to apply.

Hype example : ARTICLE II, Purposes

"(o) To have as its guiding principle, Of, By, and For the Model Airplane
Enthusiast."

Reality example: "Article III, last line

"No member shall have any right, title, or interest in or to AMA property."

Abel
Old 09-01-2007, 07:25 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The bone of contention is whether or not the truth is AMA property. I honestly look down upon others who don't respect and value the truth enough to demand it.
I don't care what the laws that some of you love to quote and hide behind have to say. Those laws were created by people with no moral principle, those laws were created out of fear.
It must be awful to base your existence on such "rodent-like" grounds?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:56 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

<snip>
I don't care what the laws that some of you love to quote and hide behind have to say. Those laws were created by people with no moral principle, those laws were created out of fear.
It must be awful to base your existence on such "rodent-like" grounds?
Not to disagree (or agree w/o reservation) with you CP, I'm replying essentially to Dion et al who needs laws and rules to cite in order to make a judgment call as to what is right and not right. In that vein, I did scan thru the AMA bylaws and this is what I find therin as it applies to AMA members' rights and duties. Short list, so maybe it can be dissed quickly.

When accepted for AMA membership you must agree to:

- accept the AMA Articles of Incorporation <has anyone here ever seen this doc?>

- accept the AMA bylaws

- pay dues in the amount decided on by the AMA EC

As an AMA member (Leader or Open) you have the right to:

- vote for AMA Pres., EVP, and the VP that represents your district every 3 years (each position). Names on the ballots are selected by the EC.

- vote on issues 'duly moved' at the annual membership meeting, if present. If passed, this is an advisory vote only. EC makes final determination.

- join with at least 19 other members to make recommended bylaws changes to the bylaws committee.

- resign by written notice, if a member in good standing.

Did I overlook/omit anything important, Dion?

Abel
Old 09-01-2007, 08:03 PM
combatpigg

Abel, I wasn't directing my reply to you, I know what you stand for by now. I was speaking towards the other 2/3rds here who feel that it is their duty to inform me about "the way it is".
Old 09-01-2007, 08:15 PM
combatpigg

This ought to bring this thread to its' final destination? We now know what we as members are limited to have as members of this club, basically nothing in terms of opinion towards matters of common decency. If any of you have read "Animal Farm", this thread should seem like DEJAVU.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62696.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	754666  
Old 09-01-2007, 08:16 PM
STLPilot

Overlook, no list looks good. I'm just wondering why they picked the number 19 to rec a bylaws change. I guess it has something to do with it's never gotten over 18 before? Rather random number however.

Now we just have to decipher which judgement call you are speaking of so we can put your list into context.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:31 PM
abel_pranger

I'm just wondering why they picked the number 19 to rec a bylaws change. I guess it has something to do with it's never gotten over 18 before? Rather random number however.
Dangitall, Dion -

With all the preachin' about it, I thought you must have read the Good Book. Reminder to Self: never assume.

Abel
Old 09-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Abel, one minor overlook is that while any Open class member may recommend a bylaws change only "Leader" members can vote on them.

Overlook, no list looks good. I'm just wondering why they picked the number 19 to rec a bylaws change. I guess it has something to do with it's never gotten over 18 before? Rather random number however.

//snip//
That's a good one STL. Abel stated, "Join with 19 others...." Doesn't that make 20?

Just get 19 OTHERS (Open age class) members to sign your proposal and you have the right to submit that By-Laws change.

AMA BYLAWS
ARTICLE XV

Amendments

Recommendations for Bylaws changes may be proposed in writing by any
member of the Executive Council, any member of the Bylaws Committee,
or any 20 members of the Academy. The Executive Council shall direct
proposed amendments to the Bylaws Committee for recommendations
prior to deliberation by the Executive Council. If the recommended
amendment(s) are accepted by a majority vote of the Executive Council,
the amendment(s) must be ratified before adoption by a mail ballot to
Leader members. An affirmative vote of 2/3 of Leader members responding
within 45 days of issuance of a mail ballot shall adopt the amendment(s).

If the EC accepts your recommendation, then it will go to the Bylaws Committee where it will be filed in a black-hole somewhere way out in another universe, and shall never again be heard of. BTDT. [:'(]
In addition, if such a ballot is mailed to the Leader members, don't expect that the, ".... issuance of a mail ballot..." to be the same date as the actual mailing date. [:-]

Now the last EC meeting, they voted to send the By-Laws recommendtions to the legal beavers for their review. That is most likely the black hole in a black hole. They have been working on this for too many years to remember exactly, 10 or so?
Productivity? Ah yes but not in those you select to lead you!

Old 09-01-2007, 11:33 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Abel, one minor overlook is that while any Open class member may recommend a bylaws change only "Leader" members can vote on them.

Dang it, Hoss, I should have included that.

So many Q's, I get confused.........

Like this. The official minutes of EC Meeting Apr 06 "Motion VII: Moved and seconded to offer Joyce Hager a three (3) year contract as Staff Director with a job description to be developed by the incoming Executive Director; salary as negotiated.
Motion passed unanimously."

I naively assumed (prompting another note to Self) that a Staff Director would be involved in things like hiring and firing staff. Yet this doesn't seem to be the case, as JH appears in the saga under discussion only as attendant to SK's otherwise unattended inbox. Interesting contract - she gets 3 years employment, doing what is TBD by the incoming ED. The job description is thus to be functionary to said, as yet unknown, ED. As things have evolved, she doesn't seem to have much to say about staffing matters. Any bets on who is next in line for having their job pared down to obsolescence? Not really a Q, just a comment.
The new whiz kid has a helluva way of running a railroad.

Abel
Old 09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
KidEpoxy

- join with at least 19 other members to make recommended bylaws changes to the bylaws committee.
good find Able

Kinda blows the M&Ms analogy out of the water.
my OTHER insurance company (GeicoAuto) doesnt provide a path for ProductPurchasers to change the corp bylaws, so the AMA Membership as just a product from an insurance co dont make sense.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:17 PM
The Toolman

Does anybody even know if the ama is even owned by themselves anymore? Or could it be possible that they are owned silently by the Ins Co. I know a lot of small corps are owned by bigger ones that most people wouldn't even know about.

By the way, who the heck is our insurance company anyway, an I don't want to hear somebody say it's the ama.....

Ronnie
Old 09-02-2007, 02:26 PM
KidEpoxy

You mean other than the big Self Insured amount?
Old 09-02-2007, 02:30 PM
The Toolman

Yes sir, thats what I meant......

Ronnie
Old 09-02-2007, 02:48 PM
JUGFLIER

The job description is thus to be functionary to said, as yet unknown, ED. As things have evolved, she doesn't seem to have much to say about staffing matters. Any bets on who is next in line for having their job pared down to obsolescence? Not really a Q, just a comment
This is an observation i had totally overlooked. Do we see a trend here? Is the ED going to take over the functionality of all the jobs at AMA? Talk about micro manage. Maybe he takes away the responsibilities to take away salaries, then the people quit or get fired at which he then rehires at a lower salary, then slowly restores the original job responibilities. I wonder is JC paid a bonus on all this money he is trying to save us?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:23 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sure we are not privy to that kind of information!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Toolman

Does anybody even know if the ama is even owned by themselves anymore? Or could it be possible that they are owned silently by the Ins Co. I know a lot of small corps are owned by bigger ones that most people wouldn't even know about.

By the way, who the heck is our insurance company anyway, an I don't want to hear somebody say it's the ama.....

Ronnie
Insur. Co.:

Westchester Surplus lines Insurance Co.
500 Colonial Center Parkway, Suite 200
Roswell, GA 30076

Representative:

Illinois Union Insur. Co.
525 W. Monroe St. St 400
Chicago, IL 60661

http://www.modelaircraft.org/PDF-files/500-l.pdf

I don't think the insurance co. would have any interest in owning a non-stock IRC 501 (c) (3) corp.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:08 PM
KidEpoxy

But Hoss,
It comes with a magazine!
.... Now how much would you pay...
Old 09-03-2007, 09:37 PM
The Toolman

Thanx Hoss

Ronnie
Old 09-04-2007, 05:18 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Umm, I'm sorry for the hundreds of post that I haven't read while I was flying this weekend, but isn't this thread supposed to be about SK and JC? Right now it looks like arguing to stupod points for the sake of being mad at each other..... SK was a good guy, SK no longer works for the AMA. period.

50%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.