Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
 Your posts are being quoted on another site. >

Your posts are being quoted on another site.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Your posts are being quoted on another site.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your posts are being quoted on another site.

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

I'm not timid about anyone knowing where I live, and who I am. Heck, I'll post it whenever anyone wants it.
Bill, AMA 4720
Yep, but that should be your choice. Someone else shouldn't be doing it for you. IMO posting someone else's personal information is a basic violation of internet ettiquete and doing so indicates a total lack of class.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bob Mitchell

I'm not timid about anyone knowing where I live, and who I am. Heck, I'll post it whenever anyone wants it.
Bill, AMA 4720
Yep, but that should be your choice. Someone else shouldn't be doing it for you. IMO posting someone else's personal information is a basic violation of internet ettiquete and doing so indicates a total lack of class.
There is class, and then there is class. Some of them are low class, and some appear to be no class. Others are probably not aware of what's happening. Pretty much like life.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 AM
My Feedback: (15)

I'm somewhat curious why an active and respected member of RCU, who leads discussions in the battery clinic, has not troubled himself to even dignify the incident with comment here.

You are, Bill, still owed, at the least, an apology and an offer to edit/remove the post(s) referencing your thoughts without your permission or knowledge.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 AM

If I didn't know better I would say a bunch of kids were involved in this. Hard to believe an adult took part in such a low life attack on someone. If it was me they were yapping about I would feel the same way, who wouldn't? Even harder to believe I had posts removed here for reasons that were not nearly as bad as what a mod from here is doing...IMO of course. Now since reading this I noticed 3 different mods here in this post and none of them commented on their co-mods action. What is RCU's take on this? Is it normal for a mod ffrom here to bash this place? Is it accepted? Is it classy? Guess I am trying to see this from a different perspective...maybe my head should be up my ____ to get that view? Is it like cops speeding? Ok for them to do but as soon as we do.....? I have no agenda...just wondering. Isn't it time that the childish things come to an end? Assuming we are all adults.........

Kevin
Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 AM

What is RCU's take on this? Is it normal for a mod ffrom here to bash this place? Is it accepted? Is it classy?
Red is mod at his AMA district 5 endorsed yahoo forum,
you should read the reason he banned a district 5 AMA member from that site
.... a guy that claims had never even posted to that forum was banned for what he posted at RCU & RCG.

now, what is Red doing again?
Oh yeah, smearing RCU AMA forum on another board.
What if Red was held to the standards Red holds others?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen
Isn't it time that the childish things come to an end? Assuming we are all adults.........
Kevin
Well, here's my take on it. Below is what I posted to Red on the other board. I think the first paragraph deals with what you're getting at. Keep in mind that it's a sword that cuts in both directions:
+++++++++++++++++++
Red, (and others who fit the bill)

Is there any real purpose being served by trashing another website in this discussion? The comment above is one of the milder things that have been said over the course of this thread, they aren't on topic and other than serving to inflame the individuals involved, don't really do anything to move the discussion forward, do they? To be honest, at times it sounds like a group of gossipy teen-age girls getting together to trash their rival "clique".

Beyond that, there are individuals who post both there AND here, who don't particularly follow the local party line.....who speak up to support AMA when such support is appropriate, and who will offer criticism when THAT is appropriate.

One other comment: When you initiated this particular poll/thread you did so with a quote from someone on that other message board. To the best of my knowledge you certainly have the right to do so, but to re-post someone's comments here, particularly without their permission, is, at best, in very poor taste. In this particular situation it's even worse because the individual you quoted isn't allowed to post here (a fact of which you are aware, I believe) and so cannot respond or comment on the use of his words here.

In addition, when you cut and pasted his message, you chose to add his full name to the signature line. He has chosen to use his first name only, along with his AMA number, and to include that additional personal information is a basic violation of internet ettiquete and the individuals personal privacy.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old 03-10-2009, 12:19 PM

He took it to heart by the looks of it. Class act.

Kevin
Old 03-10-2009, 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen
He took it to heart by the looks of it. Class act.
Kevin
Kevin, I see a class act by Bob. A class act by Red would be apologizing, or at the very least removing the first post of that thread.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:43 PM

Ummmm...that was sarcasm...sorry. I agree Red should remove it to show some sort of decency. I have nothing against either poster. Like em both to be honest. I guess it is one of those things where your better off on the sidelines watching the game then being a fan running on the field.

Hope you's get it sorted out. Your both good folks as far as I know.

Kevin
Old 03-12-2009, 04:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks as if he has a new pal here. There is a new (I've not seen him before) Moderator who is removing posts here. He told me that the original post had been removed, whish is not true. I just looked at the site, and it's still there. I've forwarded Red's post ot both Marc and Nathan, and also the Moderator's e-mails to me regarding this. I've decided that it's time to take action on this issue. If someone gets splattered by the crud, then so be it.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 03-12-2009, 08:06 AM
My Feedback: (15)

If someone gets splattered by the crud, then so be it.
THAT explains that crud in my living room this morning...
Old 03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

This has been brought to my attention, and with the usual consideration Stickbuilder has with this concerns. If you have more to discuss on this topic, I suggest you send me an email. Thank you.