Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Issue of AMA membership revokation.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Issue of AMA membership revokation.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Issue of AMA membership revokation.

Well since it blowing Force 6 here in sunny Florida and history lessons seem to be in vogue let me add:

Yes, I considered Horrace a friend, I voted for him on a couple of occasions, and was even nominated him on one or two occasions. He has/had some of the best ideas for improving the AMA that many of us have ever seen. I sincerely wanted to see him elected. But then it became obvious to me (and many others) that his people skills were not going to cut it and as an EC member, it would have been total chaos. That's a shame, we were all let down by that simple little flaw. Horrace, to me, is still the epitome of model aviation and should be respected by all for that alone. We all have our flaws, mine being a curiosity about people that, by their multiplicity of posts and arguments, spur me into checking further to establish their credibility since they are so prominent, particularly in the AMA forum. But in doing this I am careful not to hide my identity and try to be as open as possible about who I am and what I do.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Sorry, duplicate post. Has anyone else found RCU to be a bit quirky today? Slow in coming up and then slow in responding to commands.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield
We all have our flaws, mine being a curiosity about people that, by their multiplicity of posts and arguments, spur me into checking further to establish their credibility since they are so prominent, particularly in the AMA forum. But in doing this I am careful not to hide my identity and try to be as open as possible about who I am and what I do.
OK, but why the behind the scene intrigues about trying to get someone thrown out of AMA, because you don't like what they have posted here? Why the unsolicited (and in many cases, unwanted) emails that are little more than childish insults of other individuals? Why the propensity to ridicule, particularly on another forum where those being ridiculed don't post? And finally, why the posting of personal information that others have chosen to keep private? None of those things are involved or even necessary or related to your explanations above.

Do such action serve any positive purpose? If so, what might those positive purposes be?

Are such actions, when directed at other members, reflective of actions that a leader in that organization should be taking?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:56 PM
abel_pranger

Hoss-

Not really directed to you, just triggered by your 'all the hype.......' here.
Everybody mentioned in this thread as somebody Red 'reached out to touch' has replied as to what recourse they might be inclined to seek, if any. Not much of those replies resemble the hyperbole that seems attributed to us by innuendo from some quarters. There is no such movement afoot that I am party to or aware of. As Stick said and we all pretty much agreed, it is enough that Red has done unto himself.

"There's letters seal'd: and my two schoolfellows,
Whom I will trust as I will adders fang'd,
They bear the mandate; they must sweep my way
And marshal me to knavery. Let it work;
For 'tis the sport to have the enginer
Hoist with his own petar; and 't shall go hard"

Claudius learned something about hazard to self inherent in use of petards (or did he really mean petar?) in furtherance of his foul objective. Red hasn't....I imagine he may yet now be asking "what the hell's a petard?" As for myself, let's just say I'm with Hamlet.

btw, re your new sig line - any dog will lift his leg to sumarily answer and will never feel put out by that, no matter how many times he has answered before. Dogs are pretty smart.

Abel
Old 03-29-2009, 05:21 PM
abel_pranger

edit - somehow posted in duplicate
Old 03-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

Hoss-

"There's letters seal'd: and my two schoolfellows,
Whom I will trust as I will adders fang'd,
They bear the mandate; they must sweep my way
And marshal me to knavery. Let it work;
For 'tis the sport to have the enginer
Hoist with his own petar; and 't shall go hard" Its petard, I don't know what a petar is.

Claudius learned something about hazard to self inherent in use of petards (or did he really mean petar?) in furtherance of his foul objective. Red hasn't....I imagine he may yet now be asking "what the hell's a petard?" As for myself, let's just say I'm with Hamlet.

Abel
Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 PM
abel_pranger

I don't know what a petar is.
There is irony in that.

Abel
Old 03-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If this thread is moving into definitions, then please explain to me the meaning of the title word, "revokation". It does not appear in any of my dictionaries of the English language. Makes me wonder just what this thread is really about! [:-]
Should I connect the title word to "revocation", or would that be an assumption leading me to some unrealized tangent? OTOH, it appears to me that perhaps this thread is really about assumptions. Oh, the trials and tribulations one must traverse in this forum!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:58 AM
KidEpoxy

Isnt Revokation when you cast a magic spell more than once?
After an evokation, it might need a revokation
Old 03-30-2009, 11:05 AM
abel_pranger

Hoss-

I don't want to trespass on your official forum role of providing dictionary cites, but since there has been some comprehension difficulty over a word use in a cite provided by me:

Word History "petard 1598, "small bomb used to blow in doors and breech walls," from Fr. pétard (1580), from M.Fr. péter "break wind," from O.Fr. pet "a fart," from L. peditum, properly neut. pp. of pedere "to break wind" (in M.L. pettus). Surviving in phrase hoist with one's own petard (or some variant) "blown up with one's own bomb," which is ult. from Shakespeare (1605):

"For tis the sport to haue the enginer Hoist with his owne petar" ("Hamlet" III.iv.207).

See hoist.
- Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper

Abel
Old 03-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

Hoss-

I don't want to trespass on your official forum role of providing dictionary cites, but since there has been some comprehension difficulty over a word use in a cite provided by me:

Abel
Thank You, Abel, however I do not recall your word or words being a subject of question. My question only concerned a word used in a title for this thread. While I have also made such an error in times past, I still like to know that any discussion I enter into is actually the subject I think it is.
Being the uneducated country boy that I am, I never know just when the OP may well be onto something I never heard of, then I go off on a tangent, and then I get one of those nasty-grams from the higher Universe echelon/s. So you see, Abel, just another example of the ELEVENTH Commandment: "Thou shall cover thine own Axx." [>:]
Old 03-30-2009, 03:28 PM
abel_pranger

Got it, Hoss.
I was misled by the automaton that operates this site. It appeared your post was in reply to mine.

Abel
Old 03-30-2009, 03:43 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Hossfly (Post 71)

...Just my opinion is that at this point, Red has heard some unofficial information, thus "rumor."...
A whole chapter LOL...then this:

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Thank You, Abel, however I do not recall your word or words being a subject of question. My question only concerned a word used in a title for this thread. While I have also made such an error in times past, I still like to know that any discussion I enter into is actually the subject I think it is.
Being the uneducated country boy that I am, I never know just when the OP may well be onto something I never heard of, then I go off on a tangent, and then I get one of those nasty-grams from the higher Universe echelon/s. So you see, Abel, just another example of the ELEVENTH Commandment: "Thou shall cover thine own Axx." [>:]
Right.

It is what you think it is
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Imagine getting an English lesson from a Texan . I guess if it's just being done Texan to Texan, that's OK.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 PM
littlecrankshaf

Hmmm...great point

Most of my English teachers were Texans come to think of it. Thank goodness they weren't English. That would be messed up.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 PM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

If this thread is moving into definitions, then please explain to me the meaning of the title word, "revokation".

After you clear up the word "unconfirm" you used earlier in post 71 "Just my opinion is that at this point, Red has heard some unofficial information, thus "rumor." It appears to me that Red is trying to confirm or unconfirm such information."

Is that an attempt to prove a negative? Or is it more like spreading BS?

Look, we can be juveniles and play silly games if that’s all you care about...I've got the time if you got the whine.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Bob Mitchell

We all have our flaws, mine being a curiosity about people that, by their multiplicity of posts and arguments, spur me into checking further to establish their credibility since they are so prominent, particularly in the AMA forum. But in doing this I am careful not to hide my identity and try to be as open as possible about who I am and what I do.
ORIGINAL: Bob Mitchell
OK, but why the behind the scene intrigues about trying to get someone thrown out of AMA, because you don't like what they have posted here? Why the unsolicited (and in many cases, unwanted) emails that are little more than childish insults of other individuals? Why the propensity to ridicule, particularly on another forum where those being ridiculed don't post? And finally, why the posting of personal information that others have chosen to keep private? None of those things are involved or even necessary or related to your explanations above.

Do such action serve any positive purpose? If so, what might those positive purposes be?

Are such actions, when directed at other members, reflective of actions that a leader in that organization should be taking?
Red, you never have bothered to directly answer the questions above, however, I did pick up this comment of yours posted elsewhere:

Being very pro AMA and quite vocal about it, tracking down and fingering anonymouse AMA detractors, I could have been perceived as a detriment.......
So.......I take it from this that you have as your self appointed mission to expose the identity of individuals who have chosen to post annonymously, and who (in your opinion, at least) are unduly critical of AMA policy and leadership. Am I reading you correctly here?

Let me ask again.....Are such actions, when directed at other members, really reflective of actions that a leader in that organization should be taking? Or are you doing so merely out of spite and vindictiveness?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Red, you never have bothered to directly answer the questions above, however, I did pick up this comment of yours posted elsewhere:

Being very pro AMA and quite vocal about it, tracking down and fingering anonymouse AMA detractors, I could have been perceived as a detriment.......
So.......I take it from this that you have as your self appointed mission to expose the identity of individuals who have chosen to post annonymously, and who (in your opinion, at least) are unduly critical of AMA policy and leadership. Am I reading you correctly here?

Let me ask again.....Are such actions, when directed at other members, really reflective of actions that a leader in that organization should be taking? Or are you doing so merely out of spite and vindictiveness?

AND YOUR SELF APPOINTED MISSION IS . . . . . . . ?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
KidEpoxy

Bob-

That is a pretty good question.
But perhaps it could also include
how some if not many of the targets that Red describes as "anonymouse AMA detractors"
are within accepted practices of AMA politicking / campaigning for AMA change (per DM).

So, what we have is AMA members being persecuted by AMA D5 appointee
for doing things accepted & allowed by AMA
but politically & personally opposed by that appointee.

Why is that AMA D5 appointee putting his personal agenda ahead of Muncie Policy on this, shouldnt he be promoting & adhering the AMA way to do things rather than kicking AMA policy & standards to the side for his personal political agenda ?

<edit append>
and if someone posts that MA was once Optional,
why would Red have to check their member status to determine credibility, to see if MA was or wasnt?
How is credibility establish by mailing a check to Muncie, and since I have a few AMA cards in my desk drawer, does that mean I cannot lie by Reds standards? Or do I only lie about everything Jan-April, but never lie May-Dec when I renew AMA late?

How does member status affect posting a quote from DM or out of MA or AC91-57?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Bob Mitchell

I don't have a "mission" Red. I'm just looking for a response from you about the appropriatness of such actions directed at other AMA members by someone such as yourself who is in a leadership positon.

Your responses here have indirectly answered the question, so there's probably not much point it pursuing it any further.

I'll leave you with this, though. It's just not right, Red.

It's one thing to disagree with someone about an organization's leadership, policy or direction. Such disagreements, even when they get a bit heated, represent a healthy exchange of ideas and opinion. That changes when one chooses to make it "personal". It's another thing entirely to take those disagreements to the level of trying to get someone thrown out of an organization or to make public personal information about those individuals which they don't wish to make public. At best such are vindictive actions, at worst it can rise to mis-use of one's position and information available to them because of that position.

It's simply wrong, and I think you know that.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Your responses here have indirectly answered the question, so there's probably not much point it pursuing it any further.

Glad to see you are finally getting it.

at worst it can rise to mis-use of one's position and information available to them because of that position.
There is NO information available to me because of ANY position that is not aviable to any other person. AMA member, bottom feeder or RCU subscriber, moderator, past moderator or whatever. Learn a little more about the organization before you go making accusations.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:53 AM
littlecrankshaf

Glad to see you are finally getting it.

at worst it can rise to mis-use of one's position and information available to them because of that position.
There is NO informastion available to me because of ANY position that is not aviable to any other person. AMA member, bottom feeder or RCU subscriber, moderator, past moderator or whatever. Learn a little more about the organization before you go making accusations.
I doubt that. Anyway...Hoss, sic 'em!...LOL
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Bob Mitchell

There is NO informastion available to me because of ANY position that is not aviable to any other person. AMA member, bottom feeder or RCU subscriber, moderator, past moderator or whatever. Learn a little more about the organization before you go making accusations.
Red, I didn't say that you had mis-used your position.

The perception that one may have or could have mis-used their position is exactly why effective leaders don't take the kinds of actions that you have chosen to take.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 PM
The Toolman

Quit wasting your time Bob, he's a moron

Ron
Old 04-01-2009, 01:09 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I think we've reached a point where the important questions have been asked and they have all been dodged and sidestepped. Nobody "in the know" is being fooled by it.
This is the kind of a chapter that I would never want to have in my book.
Why work so hard to earn the disrespect of others?
It must just come natural.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.